Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wtf

Default wtf

it's kind of annoying how i come from a predominantly democratic state, yet everybody in my news feed is talking about how awesome romney is. how awesome religion is and why women don't deserve to have abortions. it's outrageous. i just want to argue with all of them and the only thing i can take comfort in is that i know they're just faux politics and won't actually get up and vote this november. thank god for that.

I don't understand how Romney won Massachusetts at all.

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

I can argue with you. I think religion is awesome and that women for the most part, do not deserve the right to chose to have an abortion. The exceptions include poverty, underage pregnancy, rape, or impending death(you have a disease in which you know you will not be able to raise your child to adulthood). In these cases alone i think a woman should be able to decide to kill off their baby.

However i agree that Romney is not awesome. I do not think a single presidential candidate in decades has really been "awesome".
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"

it makes absolutely 0 sense to say women can't have an abortion EXCEPT when ____.

to me i say women should never be allowed an abortion, but in fairness there has to be exceptions to allow for cases when forcing the woman to have the baby would be unfair. LIKE RAPE POVERTY UNDERAGE PREGNANCY OR KNOWING OF YOUR IMPENDING DOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    it makes absolutely 0 sense to say women can't have an abortion EXCEPT when ____.
    im pretty sure that was your opinion a few years back

ElijahWyatt give me a single good reason why

1. your taking the choice out of the woman's hands, who the hell are you to say what someone else can do according to YOUR morality
    2. why can't we kill mindless creatures that are only human in the respect that they have the same DNA

to be honest I am not every sure why this is still an issue at all, it was made legal in the USA in the fucking 70s this is like trying to argue for segregation or the right for employers to pay women less

it doesn't even have that much support in the nut job Republican party at all

You make it look like i don't think its wrong to kill animals either. I don't think its right for us to live, give me my way and i'de eleminate all life. Then true justice would be.

Also

WHO SAYS IT SHOULD BE OKAY FOR IT TO ONLY BE THE WOMANS CHOICE
    It should be legal to abort babies if neither parent wants to. I just gave you the lowdown of when women can make the decision THEMSELVES, however if both parents agree that abortion is okay then, and only then, should people be allowed to abort a child except under those exceptions i have listed twice now.

You understand? Women shouldn't be given rights OVER men. And niether should men. If a man wants a person aborted he shouldn't be able to force the woman to get an abortion under any circumstance either.

Its called sexism, and abortion is complete sexism. Men should have the same rights women have. (OH WATS THAT WOMEN GET MORE RIGHTS SOMETIMES TOO?)

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElijahWyatt View Post
    to me i say women should never be allowed an abortion
    ahahaha

haha

no

shut the hell up

Abortion is not a morality issue, it's a practicality issue. Most abortions happen because the mother would not have been able to raise the baby properly mainly due to money constraints or the lack of the father's support (in case of rape and such). It's not murder, it's getting rid of a parasite that would've cost the mother money and time for about twenty years.

You make it look like i don't think its wrong to kill animals either. I don't think its right for us to live, give me my way and i'de eleminate all life. Then true justice would be.

Also

WHO SAYS IT SHOULD BE OKAY FOR IT TO ONLY BE THE WOMANS CHOICE
    It should be legal to abort babies if neither parent wants to. I just gave you the lowdown of when women can make the decision THEMSELVES, however if both parents agree that abortion is okay then, and only then, should people be allowed to abort a child except under those exceptions i have listed twice now.

You understand? Women shouldn't be given rights OVER men. And niether should men. If a man wants a person aborted he shouldn't be able to force the woman to get an abortion under any circumstance either.

Its called sexism, and abortion is complete sexism. Men should have the same rights women have. (OH WATS THAT WOMEN GET MORE RIGHTS SOMETIMES TOO?)
    is there a safe and effective way to perform a paternity test on a fetus which is still in early enough stages to be aborted?? seems like an important question when people use this ridiculous talking point.

also there is a difference between and women and the ostensible father wanting or not wanting an abortion. the ostensible father does not have to be pregnant and face the associated health risks.

to me i say women should never be allowed an abortion, but in fairness there has to be exceptions to allow for cases when forcing the woman to have the baby would be unfair. LIKE RAPE POVERTY UNDERAGE PREGNANCY OR KNOWING OF YOUR IMPENDING DOOM.
    why?

why do you not support abortion first off? is it because you are against the 'murder' you believe it entails? how is it any different if the pregnancy was the result of a rape? or do you just want to use pregnancy and having a child as a punishment for what you consider irresponsible behavior?

I don't think its really sexist to say a woman has the right to determine what is insider her body for 9-10 months. There are a few male-sexism issues like custody (and MAYBE child support), abortion is not one of them. Its just fucking ridiculous to give a man a choice over a women, that is like saying your wife has the choice to castrate her husband any time she wants, no.

Men saying women shouldn't by allowed to have abortions is like women saying all men should be circumcised. It's none of the other genders' business; only the father of the fetus should state his opinion on his own spawn, not abortions as a whole.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

If you can't trust a woman to choose whether or not she wants a child, how can you trust her to raise it?

pichu WHAT YOU FUCKING SAID IS WHAT I COVERED IN THE EXCEPTIONS
    Meaning they would be allowed to decide to have or not have an abortion under those circumstances-_-.....

@solly WHO THE FUCK SAID WOMEN ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN RAISE A CHILD? giving birth to a child is the issue, not raising them.

@ everyone.
    What your saying is this. If i fall in love with a woman and want babies, and she says she does, then gets pregnant, then without telling me aborts it, over and over and over, and says that its a problem with her parts. THATS OK AND SHOULD BE LEGAL. OR, my wife gets pregnant and 1 month into pregancy stops loving me aborts my baby without my consent and leaves me for another guy, thats tots okay and tots should be legal.

MORAL. Issue/societal issue(aka goverments want more people...abortions = less people)

I don't see whats wrong about either of those things at all.

pichu WHAT YOU FUCKING SAID IS WHAT I COVERED IN THE EXCEPTIONS
    Meaning they would be allowed to decide to have or not have an abortion under those circumstances-_-.....

@solly WHO THE FUCK SAID WOMEN ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN RAISE A CHILD? giving birth to a child is the issue, not raising them.

@ everyone.
    What your saying is this. If i fall in love with a woman and want babies, and she says she does, then gets pregnant, then without telling me aborts it, over and over and over, and says that its a problem with her parts. THATS OK AND SHOULD BE LEGAL. OR, my wife gets pregnant and 1 month into pregancy stops loving me aborts my baby without my consent and leaves me for another guy, thats tots okay and tots should be legal.

MORAL. Issue/societal issue(aka goverments want more people...abortions = less people)
    can we ascertain the paternity of the fetus while it is still legal to be aborted? i googled it and found some testing service(that had a pretty sketchy looking website) advertising they could fest for prenatal paternity after 13 weeks. abortions are legal only up to 12 weeks in many states.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    can we ascertain the paternity of the fetus while it is still legal to be aborted? i googled it and found some testing service(that had a pretty sketchy looking website) advertising they could fest for prenatal paternity after 13 weeks. abortions are legal only up to 12 weeks in many states.
    Thats because there is not a demand right now for that service. If we wanted to find out paternaty within 3 weeks of pregnancy we COULD.
    Also while we are changing laws, might as well say that you can abort later than 12 weeks if under the exception conditions, because i don't see why not.

You can't just half-way support abortion, that's silly. It's almost as stupid as saying "I don't support the death penalty except for serial rapists." I am fully pro-choice under all circumstances because I believe a woman should have the complete freedom to get rid of a fetus within the first trimester.

If a girl says she wants to have your babies and then aborts without telling you: first off, she's a liar and not worth your time, second, stop interacting with her and find someone more trustworthy. You can actually sue her for doing an abortion without your consent, since you and her had an agreement and she defaulted on it.

"Giving birth is the issue, not raising them" the two go hand and hand if you didn't notice. If a mother keeps the baby "out of good will" only to raise it in a horrible, poverty-stricken childhood, that is completely selfish of the mother.

Your allowed to have midway opinions Pichubro, I don't support capital punishment unless the criminals are extreme, and I am sketchy on 3rd trimester abortions that aren't done for rape victims or emergencies. Having midway opinions in certainly valid, without it I don't see how compromise could ever be done.

It just seems silly to me a bit. Almost like you have to prove you were a victim first before you could evdn be considered for an abortion...

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    You can't just half-way support abortion, that's silly. It's almost as stupid as saying "I don't support the death penalty except for serial rapists." I am fully pro-choice under all circumstances because I believe a woman should have the complete freedom to get rid of a fetus within the first trimester.
    I don't understand what you're saying, "I don't support the death penalty except for serial murderers" is a pretty valid stance, although one I don't hold

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast