Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is just uncalled for!

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default This is just uncalled for!

I also ask about Game Freak's interest in Nintendo's other new hardware, the Wii U, with a personal plea for the team to do a new version of Pokemon Snap making use of the Wii U Gamepad. Masuda doesn't seem interested in my wish.

"Photography wasn't as widely spread in those days," he says. "Now everyone has a camera and can take photos whenever they want. Releasing it in that same form wouldn't be as interesting these days. Maybe there's a new idea, though."

But perhaps they have something else in mind for the Wii U.

"It would be very cool if you could play Black 2 and White 2 on the Wii U," Masuda says with a laugh just long enough to make it unclear if he was dropping a hint or joking completely.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...348288/pokemon

This "man" is a complete ass.

Bring back Pokemon Snap!

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

is good for you

More Asian hate from Dogar. Who is also Asian himself

thats the dumbest excuse i've ever heard. WHY dont they want to make a new snap? will it really not make any money?

Well it wasn't very popular in Japan and made little money there. For whatever reason it was a huge hit in the US, hell, remember when they had those printing stations specifically for Pokemon Snap pictures at Blockbuster? Furthermore, remember when there were Blockbusters?! Japan REALLY hates producing games solely for the US interest group. For example, No More Heros 2 was made VERY begrudgingly for the US and Dragon Quests games are much more popular here in the US now then they are in Japan and thus why they really don't make a lot anymore. These people are VERY ethnocentric and unless there is a HUGE financial incentive to "sell out" to the US they just aren't going to do it. I mean I HAVE heard arguments about how they don't want people playing a game with loads of replay value because then they won't want to buy new games etc., but I don't really buy that argument because as fun as Pokemon Snap was I STILL bought other games and played them concurrently back in the day.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

i want pokemon snap as much as the next guy, but dragon quest is big enough in japan that it's completely wrong to say it's not.

The older games are still popular, as a franchise not so much.

i would argue that if you walked on the streets of japan talking about dragon quest, and then did the same for america, more people would recognize what you were talking about in japan. and the games always sell more in japan so it just doesn't make sense to put it's US interest above japan's.

here's the article that made me even think about arguing this with you. i used to read from these guys a lot, they cover a lot of jrpg games mostly.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/09...-dragon-quest/

here's the latest game topping the charts in japan for the wii.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/dragon-...sales-in-japan

here's a link with some fancy charts comparing japanese sales to other nations, these are the newer games.

http://dragon-quest.org/dqde/wiki/in...on_Quest_Sales

the ds rerelease of V sold like 15x more in japan than it did in NA. the US might have a small dedicated fanbase but nothing crazy. square enix would do better to keep milking final fantasy over here rather than bother localizing dragon quest for piss poor results.

If I am not mistaken you can play pokemon snap on the wii for like less than 1000 wii points which its like 10 bucks I think since 3000 wii points is like 30 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by stiles View Post
    i would argue that if you walked on the streets of japan talking about dragon quest, and then did the same for america, more people would recognize what you were talking about in japan. and the games always sell more in japan so it just doesn't make sense to put it's US interest above japan's.

here's the article that made me even think about arguing this with you. i used to read from these guys a lot, they cover a lot of jrpg games mostly.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/09...-dragon-quest/

I'm not saying people wouldn't know of DQ. I'm saying the way DQ designed games as they did is no longer popular in Japan even though so many old school gamers here want them to keep pumping them out that way. Japan doesn't care what many of the loyal DQ fans in the US like, i.e. the old line up RPGs, they just care about what their Japanese user base wants.

And I'll never buy DQ IX, bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by stiles View Post

here's the latest game topping the charts in japan for the wii.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/dragon-...sales-in-japan

here's a link with some fancy charts comparing japanese sales to other nations, these are the newer games.

http://dragon-quest.org/dqde/wiki/in...on_Quest_Sales

the ds rerelease of V sold like 15x more in japan than it did in NA.
    As I said, the older games are still very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    I'm not saying people wouldn't know of DQ. I'm saying the way DQ designed games as they did is no longer popular in Japan even though so many old school gamers here want them to keep pumping them out that way. Japan doesn't care what many of the loyal DQ fans in the US like, i.e. the old line up RPGs, they just care about what their Japanese user base wants.
    wait, you just said the exact same thing about japan. they can't both be doing the same and opposite thing at once

Stop editing your posts and just make new ones, requoting you when you edit over and over again is stupid.

oh God not this shit again

just quote all his posts Dogar if you fight so we can read this

As I said, the older games are still very popular.
    those are their latest games.

My argument is, that many people in America like things that people in Japan aren't all about. Yes the rerelease of V did sell in Japan but for whatever reason the new generations of gamers prefer the stuff like ix, they did the same bs with FF. Many old dq fans in the US miss the old way of battling and no matter how much we want it, because we are so few in general, they don't care.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Japanese people think all Ameircan games are inferior to Japanese games, and if one of their games gets popular in Ameirca, they don't give a damn. Even if they keep releasing crap RPGs over and over again, the Japanese will buy into that and don't see anything wrong with them. This is why the Japanese game industry is losing value and creativity, they still think they're top dog just because they were 20 years ago.

When in reality, the most creative and expansive video game market is in the US.

In conclusion, Japan doesn't care about the US and that is why we won't see Pokemon Snap remade...unless we make a HUGE petition. hmmm

Metal Gear is a Japanese series that's more heavily aimed at a Western audience and the old wacky jappys love it.

Though in fairness, Dogar is absolutely right about the Japs being ethnocentric.

japanese are rather ethnocentric but i still thought they suck western dick like crazy culturally

also wtf japan wanted nothing to do with crisis core

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Metal Gear is a Japanese series that's more heavily aimed at a Western audience and the old wacky jappys love it.
    Because it was made by a Japanese company. If it was made by an American company it definitely wouldn't be as popular in Japan. Kojima is one of the few game directors that actually likes western games.

Which completely proves Dogar's point. Metal Gear could be the exact same series, word for word, but if it was a Western Dev. team who made it it'd be unkown in Japan.

I never said I disagreed with Dogar...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast