Thread: dreams thread??????

Default dreams thread??????

trixie's thread inspired me to make this thread wherein we can discuss interesting dream-related events!

2 interesting dream related things that have always stuck with me:

when i was around 5-7 i had a recurring dream, it probably happened once every couple months for years. i'd be hanging from a flag pole from the top floor of a giant building, and there'd be someone standing above me and i'd be asking him to grab my hand and lift me up. he wouldn't and i'd fall and wake up.

also when i was young, around the same age, i had a series of lucid dreams. to wake up from them i would either: go to sleep in the dream, or i'd imagine myself in the house i was living at the time, and when i opened the door to what i think was the close we kept sheets/towels/etc in at the time, i'd wake up. so one night i had another lucid dream, and after playing around in it a bit i decided i wanted to wake up. so i tried to go to sleep in the dream, but i didn't wake up. i was a little worried by this. so i went to the closet and opened it up, but it was just the towels and sheets as if i had just really opened the closet. so then i couldn't wake up and i started to panic and remember being REALLY scared of being stuck in the dream forever. after a while of that i woke up, and never had a lucid dream again.

Ive had some wild dreams in my life, most of them are just wild, to put this into perspective, Ill post the dream I had just last night.

Sokka Katara and old lady Katara wanted to get to the other side of the bay, each year they always had a hard time because it was foggy and there were always several large islands that one could mistake of as land. At the other side of the bay there was some sort of old Detroit like car factory that they needed to go to. This year, they got the help of the justice league to help them in their journey across. Sokka pulled out a vitrual 3D map of the bay where interestingly looked like a pokemon game map if viewed from a bird's eye view. Their initial plan was to just fly across the bay with superman's powers, but superman had to go on a date. That might sound douchey, but it was like his anniversary or something, and he was very torn between helping out Sokka and the 2 Kataras and going on this date. Instead they just tied a boat to female flash and she just ran across the bay. On the other side in the old warehouses, I think there were bad guys or something, and batman had to fight them off.

The rest of the dream was quite sketchy, at some point they ditched the avatar crew, and batman and female flash had to fight monsters inside a volcano, which thinking back, was at first very much like helms deep from lord of the rings, I think they even fought orcs. As they moved deeper into the volcano is became much more technological and I think they were fighting aliens at that point. At some point they got to a room that was half technological and half a cave, I distinctively remember there was green stalagmites and stalagmites everywhere. Batman and female Flash were about to be killed by some sort of gaint computer monitor alien, just then superman just flew thru the volcano and killed the alien thing and took them out. The hole that superman made to get in the volcano made it start to fall apart and implode, but female Flash had remembered that she left her teenage son in the volcano's main room. So she quickly ran into the volcano, making sure to shock every orc and alien she came across, save her son, and on the way out continued to beat up orcs and aliens.

Then I woke up.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Had my first ever nightmare about two weeks ago. I wasn't in the dream persay; I was like a moving camera angle, and I saw someone break into my living quarters and then it shot back to me as a person walking into my house in the middle of the night to find my entire family brutally stabbed to death, each with holes where their stomachs should have been, lying in a pool of their own blood.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

i have dumb nonsensical dreams that have no real storyline

I seem to dream about the same places repeatedly. They're completely imaginary, but I have multiple dreams that occur at the same place.

Like there is one building that is used for school/ college, and one awesome library-bookstore I keep having different dream situations in. I have one dream amusement park as well.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by stiles View Post
    i have dumb nonsensical dreams that have no real storyline
    Pretty much, or just very short sequences that try to have continuity but fall short of making sense