I'm gonna be making a computer pretty soon so I was watching Newegg's how to guide. I ended up summarizing the first of three video's because I have an awful memory, found it to be somewhat long and didn't want to just keep it to myself. I don't know if this is of any interest to you guys but here it is. Don't mind any grammar issues it's just a sort of reference sheet to me.

What's needed

Case
Power Supply
Motherboard
CPU
Memory
Video Card (GPU)
Storage
Optical Drive

Case and Power Supply do not affect performance.

Motherboard connects everything together. It's important to make sure all of your pieces
can work together.

Computer Processing Unit (CPU) needs heatsink fan to keep cool. Fan that comes in box is
called a stock fan and it works fairly good. Make sure NOT to bend any pieces of the CPU
it is the most expensive piece, and the computer won't work without it. Fan is placed
right above CPU on the motherboard.

Buying a heatsink fan that doesn't come with your CPU is a good idea if you plan to
overclock your CPU, which is to work it harder than it normally would. These are called
aftermarket fans.

Memory (RAM) is used to store Readily Available Memory for the task at hand, such as gaming,
photo processing or internet browsing. The more resource intensive you are, the more memory
you'll want to get.

Video Cards are not always necessary, in some cases you can find a video card already
integrated into your motherboard. If you want better performance however it is a good idea
to buy a seperate video card to be plugged into the PCI express slot. Video cards affect visual
performance such as in games and movies.

Storage (HDD/SSD) is where you would install your Operating System and keep all of your various
files ranging from pictures to word documents to applications.

Optical Drives are where you would insert CD's and DVD's for playback.

How To Build a Computer

Case should be chosen if it has an easily removable side panel for getting into the case
easily, if it has a sturdy build that won't fall apart on you, larger fans are good because
they can spin slower but still perform the same as a smaller fan going much faster.Another thing
to consider is ventilation, you want the unit to be clean and panels which can be removed to clean
are good. Look for a case with easy hard drive access and lastly what your case looks like, it is
what you show off and you may want a case that shows off the inside of the computer and more
specifically your hard work. Cutout in case to place your motherboard on for easy access to
an aftermarket cooler if you have one. Features for easy cable management. Toolless drive bays
for mechanical hard drives (NOT SSD) for ease of use. Optical Drive as well.

Power Supply should be chosen as a quality product. It does not affect performance but you want
it to last you a long time. Look up reviews and find an efficent product to save you money on
your power bill. 80plus sign shows power efficiency. May want to use a modular power supply to
save cable space inside your computer, rather than having a bundle of them you're not using.

Core Components - CPU, Motherboard, Memory

First determine which processor you want, two popular choices are intel and AMD. Both have pro's
and con's. Look up information and decide for yourself based on your needs. Next you want to look
for a motherboard, make sure you get the same socket for the motherboard as you do for the CPU,
the two need to be the same for the computer to work. You will need to look up compatibility. Also
make sure chipsets are compatible and that the motherboard has the features you want. Depending on
the motherboard, is how you'll decide how much memory to get. If it has two or three slots, you'll
want to take advantage of that to make your computer run faster. If you want future proof your
compatibility when it comes to storage, get serial ata revision 2 or 3 to transfer faster. If you
want to use an old optical drive or storage partition, make sure the motherboard has an IDE.
If your case has front slots, you want to make sure your motherboard header has things like usb
ports to fill those. Make sure you have a PCI slot for your video card.

Video card is necessary if you do a lot of gaming, but if you don't plan to then an integrated
motherboard card is fine if you plan to just web browse, facebook and check your email among
other low key actions. If you are planning to game or need high end visuals then you will want
a dedicated video card. The two main GPU providers are NVIDIA and AMD. Both have unique purposes
and both have a lot of models. Research and get feedback on which cards you might want to get.
Get a card in your price range, a CPU that can fully use the card is necessary so don't skimp
on CPU. If for gaming get one that is Direct X 11 compatible and if you want to connect to HDTV
one with am HDMI output slot.

Storage can be mechanical or SSD, SSD is newer but mechanical is perfectly fine. You can also
easily replace a mechanical drive with an SSD later on down the road if you feel like it. Get
at least 500GB of either if you plan to game a lot and store a lot on it, since it's cheap enough
to jump from lower storage amounts like 250GB to 500GB.

Optical Drive can be bought cheap if you don't want blu ray.

www.eggxpert.com after you finish everything check this website to see if all of your parts are
compatible with each other.