Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Looky here a new political test!

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    nanaki i'll forgive you saying congress shouldn't raise the debt ceiling because you dont know what that means
    Yeah that's a thing.

The test wouldn't let me leave it blank and I wanted to be done so I didn't bother to look it up.

Pull troops out of Afgahnistan. I'm not opposed to us going to war, but do it for something where we can gain something. No one's sacking Kabul and bringing home vast spoils. Legalize Marijuana, tax it, regulate it. It'll require more work but more work means more jobs, taxing it will bring in more money, no more jailing of potheads means less money spent on taking care of them in prison. Raise the debt ceiling, but only when we really need too, recessions and such. Taxes, no one WANTS them raised but putting say..a 2% tax increase across the board helps everyone. the 2%'ll definitely help us get money from the rich, and it's low enough that it's not gonna really HURT the poor. Keep social programs going, welfare and medicaid/medicare are vital to keeping the lower class living until we can more balance the class and eventually break up things such as social class based on money. Universal Health Care is a nice dream but the way it's implemented so far crushes small business and doesn't help as much as it should. Just have the government set some limits and better regulations on private insurance companies. Forcing those that can afford it to buy insurance is a terrible plan, after all it's just legalized gambling. Oh for that matter, legalize prostitution. It's a sickening concept but it's relatively victimless and if it's taxed can be a boon to the nation. WHat else... Privatize the Social Security, better the slimmer chance that you'll win out and get a decent retirement as opposed to having the whole system collapse and no one get anything... just my opnions.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

Libertarianism is pretty cool
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

Kirby: spouts nothing but easily refutable Communist talking points and ridicules others for their beliefs

God: often reluctant to debate but always backs his views with hard evidence while understand respecting other people's beliefs

this is why I don't take your politics seriously kirbx

I don't need a reason to have a correct belief.

In all seriousness though, I don't have the time or the patience to put forward a good debate. When faced with these issues willy nilly in some random threat I just act all silly and post whatever ignorant thing is on my mind for shits and giggles. Plus I am pretty terrible at debates, you can ask King in our infamous 3 month long, and continuing argument on pedophilia.

If you wan to debate with me buckwheat, we are both going to have to sit down in a dedicates topic for the debate subject or else its gonna get stupid real fast.

i don't want to debate either cuz i just got back from the er a little bit ago and the prospect of a debate right now makes me feel like having a panic attack

is good for you

Say, Buckweat, what about me and you have a good natured, good ol' fashioned debate?

is good for you

Oh

buckwheat you've never held fast to any libertarian economic philosophy whenever asked in depth about it

if you just want weed to be legal its ok

Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    i don't want to debate either cuz i just got back from the er a little bit ago and the prospect of a debate right now makes me feel like having a panic attack
    exactly

is good for you

God what ARE YOU EVEN these days, just politically-economically apathetic?

God is fucking all over 91% of Jill's plans. He is developing a stable, loving relationship, with 91% of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    In all seriousness though, I don't have the time or the patience to put forward a good debate. When faced with these issues willy nilly in some random threat I just act all silly and post whatever ignorant thing is on my mind for shits and giggles. Plus I am pretty terrible at debates, you can ask King in our infamous 3 month long, and continuing argument on pedophilia.

If you wan to debate with me buckwheat, we are both going to have to sit down in a dedicates topic for the debate subject or else its gonna get stupid real fast.
    But you have the time and patience to weed through hundreds of old threads and raise them from the dead?

doing that amuses me, debates aren't fun at all

That's mostly because the point of a debate is to actually understand that people have different opinions and discuss them as equals. You tend to just demoralize and yell at anyone who doesn't think just like you.

I never yell.

also this agent melon guy makes excellent 1940esk paintings, if you have time check them out

is good for you

No offense, Kirby, but I really don't see what you could bring to the debate table. Justifying Stalinism is a hard (Albeit, fun) endeavor, especially when one tries to claim it is a viable system for the modern world

Or Russia circa WWII

is good for you

WHAT. Stalinism was completely justifiable, end even necessary for the Soviet Union in WWII. The amount of mobilization, economic progress, and unification that occurred because of Stalin would be nigh impossible for any other despot to achieve

The joke was that that was Stalin's era

To be totally honest I don't know enough about Stalinism to actually debate it. All I know is some over viewing things of Stalin's 5 year plans, that is about it. I just go by social statism because it is the political ideology which best matches my views. I have a belief in a large nationalistic government because from when I have seen throughout history, overall having a strong central government seems to make things stable and work together.

That being said, I could probably put a case forward for a general: government should be large, but I am not comfortable pinning down a specific small topic like Stalinism and debating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    God what ARE YOU EVEN these days, just politically-economically apathetic?
    more concerned with the practical, ie democrats always winning(or better to say, republicans never winning)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast