Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upon further research

Default Upon further research

Im more for the Federalists than against, my views on many things are interestingly very similar.

only only against rich people in charge

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

I like the Demo's first two and the Fed's last two
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

One of my favorite parts of American history.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

yeah im into hamilton except the rich controlling everything part. i like the educated controlling things part though, add jefferson's ideas of public education and "natural aristocracy" with everything else from hamilton and you've got a winner.

Federalist - Democratic - Republicanism anyone?

First 3 on Democrat Republican side, 4th on Federalist side, and last in Democrat Republican side.
    Quote Originally Posted by giftsbestt View Post
    People, let us discuss 4 actions to support your personal wife's continue to Earth less complicated: Vacuum your girlfriend car. Refill her vehicle's gas tank. Buy her flowers... originating from a florist who all conducts business in a very building along with a solid roof top, not on road-side stands as well as at gasoline stations. You might earn things by actually vehicle and getting out of your car or truck. Gas rail station flowers that reek of unleaded tend to be not as purposeful. They along with precisely the same category seeing that gas station sushi.

"Tomas Jefferson still survives"--John Adams deathbed quote

Tomas Jefferson died before him but the news hadn't reached him.

is the confederacy and federalist related? i don't see how the south would be seen as promoting industrialization over farming when it's the exact opposite of what they did? like the north was industrializing and they were stagnating.
    People, let us discuss 4 actions to support your personal wife's continue to Earth less complicated: Vacuum your girlfriend car. Refill her vehicle's gas tank. Buy her flowers... originating from a florist who all conducts business in a very building along with a solid roof top, not on road-side stands as well as at gasoline stations. You might earn things by actually vehicle and getting out of your car or truck. Gas rail station flowers that reek of unleaded tend to be not as purposeful. They along with precisely the same category seeing that gas station sushi.

also cities are awesome. they basically have created modern america's equality, which some would say is awful, but talking in terms of now and then it's great.

both of these ideologies died shortly after the war of 1812, neither of them have any real relivance to the Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    "Tomas Jefferson still survives"--John Adams deathbed quote

Tomas Jefferson died before him but the news hadn't reached him.
    TJ was the man in my opinion, he loved playing chess and bragged about it all the time. What a man. I do not care much for Hamilton but that man was one of principles, I will give him that. It's a bitch how he died. Arron Burr was an ass:

One big eared ass.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    both of these ideologies died shortly after the war of 1812, neither of them have any real relivance to the Civil War
    Jeffersonian democracy lasted into the 1820s actually.

Registered Users Regular Flaming Flamingo's Avatar

But the views of both Ideologies persisted through the civil war. The republicans (north) were basically federalists and the democrats (south) were basically in line with Jefferson. Kind of odd that the parties have almost completely flipped.

is good for you

Yes, when the Republicans were cool

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Up until and during the War of 1812, the Federalists (secretly) favoured rejoining the British Empire, and conducted missions to Canada quite frequently (at the time Canada was still part of Britain). A few even provided support to Canadian troops during the war.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Also, yeah, Thomas Jefferson was the shit. He pioneered everything from liberalism to archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Flamingo View Post
    But the views of both Ideologies persisted through the civil war. The republicans (north) were basically federalists and the democrats (south) were basically in line with Jefferson. Kind of odd that the parties have almost completely flipped.
    Eh, that's a broad generalization but I suppose one COULD argue the Civil War issue industry v.s. agriculture is the same as Federalists v.s. Democratic Republicans but I honestly never would.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Up until and during the War of 1812, the Federalists (secretly) favoured rejoining the British Empire, and conducted missions to Canada quite frequently (at the time Canada was still part of Britain). A few even provided support to Canadian troops during the war.
    Now this IS a broad generalization. I seriously doubt figure heads and the main power holders like Alexander Hamilton wanted this or did this at all. There is no question they favored trade with the British though. And even fewer did think of seceding from the Union in New England, but no one took them seriously. And even after a secession even fewer wanted to reunite with Britain. Fun fact through, because of this rumor that was spread further by the Democratic Republicans, the Federalist Party was ruined forever and Canadian students are to this day still given misinformation in their public schools and are also ruined forever.

i like northeastern secession

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    Eh, that's a broad generalization but I suppose one COULD argue the Civil War issue industry v.s. agriculture is the same as Federalists v.s. Democratic Republicans but I honestly never would.

Now this IS a broad generalization. I seriously doubt figure heads and the main power holders like Alexander Hamilton wanted this or did this at all. There is no question they favored trade with the British though. And even fewer did think of seceding from the Union in New England, but no one took them seriously. And even after a secession even fewer wanted to reunite with Britain. Fun fact through, because of this rumor that was spread further by the Democratic Republicans, the Federalist Party was ruined forever and Canadian students are to this day still given misinformation in their public schools and are also ruined forever.
    its actually well known around the world that american kids get the worst and most innacurate accounts of history ever. i bet you can't even provide a source saying canadian kids are lied to about this in school.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

It's a stereotype that American kids get bad history classes when in reality kids just don't bother retaining anything. For like the first four or five years of school kids are taught the same history lessons (with basic geography coverage but anyone who's not an idiot can understand where countries are) over and over and thus by jr high or high school, kids find history boring and think they can learn nothing relevent to their interests. History classes are actually elective classes, not forced.

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    It's a stereotype that American kids get bad history classes when in reality kids just don't bother retaining anything. For like the first four or five years of school kids are taught the same history lessons (with basic geography coverage but anyone who's not an idiot can understand where countries are) over and over and thus by jr high or high school, kids find history boring and think they can learn nothing relevent to their interests. History classes are actually elective classes, not forced.
    So what you're saying is, black people don't like fried chicken and purple drank?

Quote Originally Posted by stiles View Post
    its actually well known around the world that american kids get the worst and most innacurate accounts of history ever. i bet you can't even provide a source saying canadian kids are lied to about this in school.
    Source:

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post

People don't know what continent France is in, in honors AP-Euro.

Im done.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I honestly don't understand why black people get offended by stereotypes when they get all the cool stereotypes.

whitey: "haha you must love fried chicken and watermelon!"
    black dude: "Who the fuck doesn't?! >:P"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast