Thread: Finnish Schools

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default Finnish Schools

http://www.businessinsider.com/finla...l-2011-12?op=1

Old article but its being passed around by liberals. Of course some of what they are doing we should do but I laugh when libs say Finland is the "model." Yeah idiots, I bet you TOTALY could have gotten a teacher position when it is MUST that one most be on the top 10% of there class to even think about getting a job. Also, "In 2010, 6,600 applicants vied for 660 primary school training slots." Bleh, I would never want to enter into a profession with that stat., all ideology aside.

Thoughts? If anything we would have a lot less idiots as teachers. I am still not convinced that this is "the answer" for the U.S.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

its basically impossible to compare something like education models between the US and finland because finland has such a prosperous society. plus american liberals would probably cry if we tried to do the sort of vocational tracking actual successful education systems do.

the salary bit may be misleading, everything is so subsidized in scandinavian countries you really cant compare living costs

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    its basically impossible to compare something like education models between the US and finland because finland has such a prosperous society. plus american liberals would probably cry if we tried to do the sort of vocational tracking actual successful education systems do.
    43% of HS students are in Voc. Ed., right there is you answer. So many of the things libs. hate about changing the U.S. the Fins do.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    the salary bit may be misleading, everything is so subsidized in scandinavian countries you really cant compare living costs
    I'm trying to find a good cost of living calculator for international things like this and can't. Cap is 47k for teachers but without a proper CoL comparison the number is moot.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT