Thread: Gambling

Default Gambling

Anyone else notice that the gambling aspect in Pokemon has dwindled down to the point of FUCKING NOTHING?
    In Red/Blue and whatnot, you had the slot machines and shit, and you could cash in those coins for a Dratini, Abra, and other cool Pokemon and items. It seems like Game Corners have gotten progressively shittier as the generations pass. In Fire Red and Leaf Green, they replaced the "Gamblers" (often had Growlithe/Vulpix) with "Gamers" or some BS like that. And then Gen IV... fucking Voltorb Flip. Sure as hell isn't gambling. And now Gen V has been around, and I've noticed that there isn't a Game Corner at all. So either I've completely missed it, or Nintendo is becoming a little bitch about gambling.

DISCUSS
    [/rage]

If I am not mistaken in gen 1 there were several different methods you could use for the slots were over a point of time you were guaranteed a profit, similar to the Clefable slots in gen 4.

But yeah, the prizes are shit.

Right! I forgot about Clefable slots. Voltorb flip must have just been HG/SS then. I don't know. Slot machines in the old games just seemed so much more exciting.

I never got into the gambling aspect of the games... So I never noticed any difference lol. Guess I'm not much of a risk taker.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

I was never huge on it, but it's still a detail that just makes it not feel the same anymore. Same with poison not hurting out of battle. Going from HG/SS and AMAZING nostalgia to B/W was kind of a hard transfer. Everything completely new...

I respect their attempt to make people try something new, and overall it was successful, but I just never felt like B/W was quite the same as the rest of Pokemon. B2/W2 seemed like a breath of fresh air, but I always felt like I was forcing myself through the first ones.

Yeah, I haven't played B/W. Never had the time and inclination to, really. And poison doesn't hurt out of battle?!!
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

GO PIKACHU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by giftsbestt View Post
    People, let us discuss 4 actions to support your personal wife's continue to Earth less complicated: Vacuum your girlfriend car. Refill her vehicle's gas tank. Buy her flowers... originating from a florist who all conducts business in a very building along with a solid roof top, not on road-side stands as well as at gasoline stations. You might earn things by actually vehicle and getting out of your car or truck. Gas rail station flowers that reek of unleaded tend to be not as purposeful. They along with precisely the same category seeing that gas station sushi.

Banned

I respect their attempt to make people try something new, and overall it was successful, but I just never felt like B/W was quite the same as the rest of Pokemon. B2/W2 seemed like a breath of fresh air, but I always felt like I was forcing myself through the first ones.

nice try bro, but your a spambot

Banned

yo someone bad this motherfucker, I can't seem to any more

Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

but man, i miss the game corner though... G/S/C had a good one with the slot machines and the card matching gamble.
    they should make certain pokemon only purchasable.

but it isn't about being a bitch towards gambling, but rather, it's annoying to program.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]