Thread: Catching mew

Beginning Trainer

Default Catching mew

Hey a guys is there any way of catching mew legit in any of the games from fire red and leaf green and after them games if so how

The only legal way is to receive them from an official pokemon event, and since those games almost a decade old and 3 generations ago, its highly unlikely they will have one.

Honestly, if you want one, just hack it, if you are really nuts you could try to go find someone with a legal mew that they clones legally in emerald with the cloning glitch... but since gen 3 isn't connectable to the internet you would have to meet them personally to trade...

just hack

I have a legit Mew in emerald.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

TA gave me mine when we were children, I don't know where it came from.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

gameshark

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

You could get a legit mew in yellow without gameshark, though the method to do so is so out of the ordinary I often wonder how people even figured it out...

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    You could get a legit mew in yellow without gameshark, though the method to do so is so out of the ordinary I often wonder how people even figured it out...
    Its not that amazing honestly, eventually someone was going to attempt to fly or teleport from a battle by opening up the menu.

The reason why you have to find a slowbro is because of the slowbro's special stat. It turns out that when you enter a battle in gen 1 the way the game determines what pokemon you will fight is left in the same value used for the special stat. For a usual battle this is preordained by what special stat or enemy pokemon values a trainer has. On game freaks part this is just lazy and kinda stupid programming, like how they store your name as a wild pokemon for the old man fight. So by flying out of the battle, you keep the special stat of the opposing pokemon and the game has left in its program that you need to battle the guy on that route. So when you return to that route, the game uses the special stat of the pokemon you last fought and flew from to decide what you fight. Mew has a enemy pokemon indicated that is the same as slowbro's special, so it works.

I loved that "glitch".
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*