Thread: New Team

Default New Team

i'm making a team, but i haven't played in a while... so all these new pokemon, new attacks, and new items are kinda intimidating.

i just know that i want to have a good competitive time that has a squirtle in it. i just need help.

right now i have:

squirtle
    aron
    murkrow
    golett
    scraggy
    darumaka

some advice and help
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

If you are going seriously competitive, the only shot you have of keeping Blastiose is to use a rain stall team with Blastiose > Tentacruel for phasing capabilities, which means you will need at the very least a very defensive team.

For your current team though, these as my suggestions:

Blastiose @ Leftovers
    Rain Dish
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def
    -scald
    -rapid spin
    -dragon tail / roar
    -toxic / foresight

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
    252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly
    Sheer Force
    -Flare Blitz
    -U-turn
    -Rock Slide
    -Superpower / Fire Punch

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant
    Moxie
    -brave bird
    -sucker punch
    -substitute / superpower
    -heat wave

Gigalith @ Leftovers / Normal Gem
    252 HP / 252 Attack
    Adamant
    Sturdy
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion
    -Stone Edge
    -Superpower

Scarfty @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Atk
    Adamant
    Shed Skin
    -bulk up
    -drain punch
    -crunch
    -ice punch

Aggron @ Choice Band
    252 HP / 252 Atk
    Adamant
    Rock Head
    -head smash
    -heavy slam
    -earthquake
    -aqua tail

First off this team has pretty poor synergy with both Aggron and Gigalith, a lot of these pokemon also lack the muscle needed in the current metagame, and if they have it they are either stupidly frail or crippling flaws. This teams also can be very easily weakened and swept with little support, something like Breloom actually outright sweeps you and you don't have anything at all to stop Keldeo, or any of the dragons.

I think one of the main problems for this team is lack of a purpose, what exactly is the end gone here? None of these pokemon currently can really sweep or defense, they are all wall breakers or defensive pivots, you can't win games with just those.

i want to use my favorite pokemon, squirtle. not a blastiose, squirtle. i don't like using dragon pokemon to be hontest, none of the dragon pokemon ever appealed to me.
    i want to use:

squirtle
    some eeveevolution (joleteon?)
    pokemon that can use fly

and... other pokemon.

i want to make a balanced team. but i've been out since ruby/sapphire to be honest. and i want to get competitive again.

;]

well leo, I hate to tell you but squittle will pretty much be dead weight on your team, at best you can toss on evolite and allow it to maybe take one hit and spin... once

home competitive are you wanting to go basically leo? currently if you are facing random noobs I guess this team is ok, but you will be swept against anyone serious

you can attempt to make a cool team with odd pokemon and still have it be effective, but its much harder you a person at your level

i know. i guess, i want to play against friends online and be somewhat decent during the official pokemon tournaments / online match ups. but nothing too serious, but enough to be a tough match. i don't getton beat.

;]

Well Leo, if you want to make a team that doesn't get outright swept by a lot of things and you want to use squirrtle, at the least you are going to need to use better pokemon. The little team support squirrtle does bring is rapid spin support, so you may want to look into a team based around Dragonite, Salamence, Ninetails, Gyarados, Kyruem-B, Amomasnow, or Thundurus-T. You choose leo.

I guess lets make this one step at a time.

Ninetales and Dragonite

;]