Thread: aand I'm back

Default aand I'm back

It's been more than a year since I joined PD! I turned 12 a few months ago, and when I joined I was 11! (I've even changed personally. AND NO I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT PUBERTY, WHICH I KNOW SOME OF YOU WILL BRING UP. although that is part of the reason, but most of it is other things, like reading Harry Potter which I thought was stupid last year and getting ears pierced, etc)
    And I'm a lot more experienced since then too..I can hyperlink and post screenshots. (of course you guys were no help, my other forum helped me with that ) I would have stayed here, but this forum is kind of creepy tbh I guess there are some creepy people on the other forum but the mods are really safe and they always delete posts that are inappropiate..unlike this forum lol
    And this post is really pointless haha. I'm bored so I thought I'd pop in. sorry if it seems like I'm criticizing this forum. Don't take it personally ok
    You just wasted a few seconds of your life reading this. You're welcome.

Im sorry I am creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Im sorry I am creepy.
    I guess you're forgiven. lol

You have to understand that this forum is pretty much comprised of old forum Veterans who join this site when you were 3 (some like RC have been on since before you were born) and people who randomly popped in here. This forum has a long history of pretty much doing whatever we want, as the competing mods left ages ago and anyone left is just here to hang. In that aspect PD is more like a instant message system where your posts are saved for ever with a better interface. What little moderators do is just to maintain this place to chill.

also what site is this, it seems pretty chill as most websites will ban 11-12 year olds on spot, most moderators on sites are in their higher teens and usually can't deal with younger people at all and would rather click the ban button than deal with leet speak

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

You... were born after 9/11? And are on the internet and capable of discussing it?

Hold me guys, I feel old. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    also what site is this, it seems pretty chill as most websites will ban 11-12 year olds on spot, most moderators on sites are in their higher teens and usually can't deal with younger people at all and would rather click the ban button than deal with leet speak
    Not sure I want to tell you, it would be pretty easy to stalk me on there if you knew the name. Let's just say it has something to do with webkinz...
    Yeah, it is. There are kids much younger than me who go on and annoy people all the time. (we're not allowed to actually post our age on there, but you tell them your age when you sign up. and some of these people have the worst spelling, grammar, punctuation etc that it's kind of obvious they're little kids.)
    also, the moderators are older than their higher teens...if you want to be a mod you have to have a background check. and there's actually one mod who's 101.
    It's a pretty cool site overall

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    You... were born after 9/11? And are on the internet and capable of discussing it?

Hold me guys, I feel old. :<
    actually, I was around when 9/11 happened. I was around 8 months old? i was young but still.

Hey grace

I can see why PD may not seem very safe etc to you, everyone else here is much older than you are and we're only used to interacting with each other pretty much. I can honestly say that no one here is creepy, they're just not used to dealing with younger people on forums.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

I often wonder what PD could ever do to get more members, unlike new starting pokemon sites we actually have a pretty solid server, usersite, and all the background stuff that most sites need.

What we lack are people willing or able to do anything for the site. You can't really contribute to pokedream anymore like you use to in the past. Everything done on the site is Mewy job, it out of our hands completely. I think that is what has been lost on PD, and withouth those kind of people, PD will be stagnant.

The thing is, it doesn't have to be this way, there are plenty of other sites which eventually drifted from their original purpose. But the community adapted, and the site became known for something else. So the options for growth is rather binary: change our purpose, or get back into our original purpose.

Unfortunately neither of those is an option because Mewtwo wouldn't help out if we choose either option. :/

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    Hey grace

I can see why PD may not seem very safe etc to you, everyone else here is much older than you are and we're only used to interacting with each other pretty much. I can honestly say that no one here is creepy, they're just not used to dealing with younger people on forums.
    I can think of a member who is VERY creepy.
    But yeah, I guess most people here aren't too bad.

@ kirby, sorry to hear that. I don't know how PD could get more members either tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by graceroxx View Post
    Not sure I want to tell you, it would be pretty easy to stalk me on there if you knew the name. Let's just say it has something to do with webkinz...
    Yeah, it is. There are kids much younger than me who go on and annoy people all the time. (we're not allowed to actually post our age on there, but you tell them your age when you sign up. and some of these people have the worst spelling, grammar, punctuation etc that it's kind of obvious they're little kids.)
    also, the moderators are older than their higher teens...if you want to be a mod you have to have a background check. and there's actually one mod who's 101.
    It's a pretty cool site overall
    It's pretty much the same on the neopets forums. The mods are actually employed by the site administration- it's their full time job. No one is allowed to see the boards unless they are over 13, or have special permission by their parents (there's a form parents need to send in). Still- no talking about age, where you live, about other users, about celebrities and whether they're hot or not, profanity blah blah. Everything has to be kid friendly. It actually works pretty well, so I see your point.

PD is different though. Almost everyone is an adult, and there's no active modding at all. I guess since we haven't been getting many new members it doesn't matter so much, because everyone here knows how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by graceroxx View Post
    I can think of a member who is VERY creepy.
    I think I know who you're talking about....
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*