Thread: Can't legally speak about it in public but I'm pretty pissed off so I'll post it here.

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

Default Can't legally speak about it in public but I'm pretty pissed off so I'll post it here.

http://fox2now.com/2013/04/25/fox-fi...hanasia-rates/

I work at the Humane Society of Missouri and the way they are treating us is pissing me off. Not looking forward to the calls and harassment we'll be getting this week.
    "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

It's really just a shitty situation all together. I mean, 50% is bad but PETA is even worse.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Yeah, PETA kills off over 90% of the animals they take in.

They can't just blame the shelters. Blame should also be placed on people who don't fix their pets, people who drop off animals at the shelter because they are too irresponsible to care for pets, and people who don't adopt to help ease the pressure. It is illogical for all shelters to keep all the animals alive; even for a STRICT no-kill shelter, they would have to just turn away new animals until the old ones are adopted or die of natural causes. It's still a lose situation.

Why is this even news? Everyone knows shelters have to euthanize animals, just because the rates may be higher than people expect doesn't mean that it should be news. And the reasons like "1 year old pit bulls" being put down is not as shocking as they make it out to be, pit bulls are harder to adopt out than say, labs or chihuahuas. It's making space, pit bulls are hard to adopt out being of the ignorant stigma surrounding them of them being more dangerous than other dogs when in reality pit bulls are only as dangerous as the owners let them be.

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

Well, and we don't have a time or space limit. Euthanasia sucks, but we accept every animal that comes into our doors and if it's aggressive what are we supposed to do? Adopt it out so it will bite some one?

And if BSL bans were lifted Pit Bulls would be adopted out a lot more. A lot of insurance agencies won't allow people to own them and 90 percent of the apartments and townhomes here in STL do not allow "aggressive breeds" i.e. Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Rotties. I mean hell.
    "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

Banned

Once again ladies and gentlemen I present to you... The media!!!!

you presented the media before?

i was going to say something witty but i forgot it
    Imma horse, don't judge.

something witty

Banned

Yep I presented the media to myself

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream View Post
    Once again ladies and gentlemen I present to you... The media!!!!

that's shitty. it sucks of course, but damn... those breeds aren't "aggressive"
    dogs are similar to pokemon, if you don't train them well and make them do harmful things, of course they'll be "aggressive"
    i used to breed and train dogs. i hate how people buy these "aggressive" animals and then come back to return the animal because insurance wont let them own the dogs and in some places, their shots are more expensive because of their breed. ;(

bull dogs are the most loving of dogs!

I want a doberman pincher

;]
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]