Thread: plane crash on video

Default plane crash on video

http://news.yahoo.com/bagram-airfiel...163544713.html
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c32_1367332518

this happened at a base where a friend of mine was stationed at (and a place i went through)....
    i didn't care about the people on board until the the voice said "aw fuck..."
    that's when it hit me... there were people in there. terrified. some not sure. some hoping. some accepting their fate...
    :'c
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

from what I have seen it was rather quick, so at least the passengers didn't realize what happened to be scared, only the pilots

there were 7 people on that plane, all of them in the control room because that's how many people it takes to pilot such a plane. 4 people flying the plane (2 night shift, 2 day shift) and operators

;]

Planes scare the fuck out of me. I get panic attacks and even cry when I'm on a flight. It's pretty bad.

Hope these people rest in peace. :C

just don't fly then

I have never been in a plane

i'm in a shock at the moment still.

;]

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    just don't fly then

Have to fly when going back to my home country. And travelling between Miami and NYC by car takes far too long. I'm on a plane at least eight times a year.

i've come to accept death, partly due to my spanish culture and pagan beliefs and a violant childhood... and now being in the army, it's something i'm used to. but for some reason, the death isn't bothering me, it's the people's thoughts, the seconds before their fate what disturbs me. it's what matters to me. they were people and they felt. now they're just names to the media, statistics, a bunch of bones-- they've become nothing more than "evidence"
    one day their remain might be buried, but for now, they're objects looked over by scientists in a cold room where no one knows them or loves them.

;]

Spanish? As in from Spain? My Hispanic culture hasn't helped at all in me coming to terms with death. :p

They might not be loved or known by those looking for the remains, but they are loved and known by someone, somewhere. For what it's worth.

Guatemala and from Spain

;]

Registered Users Regular Flaming Flamingo's Avatar

It looked like they pulled their nose up a too much too early and they stalled. I wonder how they got to that angle. It must have been a malfunction of one of the flaps, because there is no way a pilot would try and ascend at that angle right after takeoff, especially with a plane like that. I find the way it descended really disturbing. Just slowly drifting downward, and from that close up it really puts a pit in your stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    just don't fly then

I actually love flying. Especially landing and takeoff, it's just so cool to see the change in perspective from the ground to the sky, and seeing how everything looks from so high up.

Quote Originally Posted by leo33wii View Post
    i've come to accept death, partly due to my spanish culture and pagan beliefs and a violant childhood... and now being in the army, it's something i'm used to. but for some reason, the death isn't bothering me, it's the people's thoughts, the seconds before their fate what disturbs me. it's what matters to me. they were people and they felt. now they're just names to the media, statistics, a bunch of bones-- they've become nothing more than "evidence"
    one day their remain might be buried, but for now, they're objects looked over by scientists in a cold room where no one knows them or loves them.
    I don't think there will be a whole lot of remains for investigators to look over. Jet fuel burns hot.

I love flying when I can actually see the earth below me.. It's amazing to see geographical features from above and realize that there are millions of people down there, but also natural formations that endure. Up where all you can see is clouds, not so much.

Also, that plane crash is terrible :[
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I've gotten pretty used to flying over the years, and now I can sleep like a baby on any flight. I also love meeting strangers on planes, there's always a conversation topic ("So what brings you to X?") that can get things going. I once even met a former Miss Teen America (Shelley Hennig).

i never met any one "important" but that's pretty cool

;]