Thread: Mono Fighting (OU)

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Default Mono Fighting (OU)

Some guy playing a full psychic team gave up while I was playing him which I think is bullshit.

Toxicroak (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Anticipation
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Cross Chop
    - ThunderPunch
    - Sucker Punch

Heracross @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Facade
    - Stone Edge
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Spore
    - Drain Punch

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Circle Throw
    - Encore
    - Toxic

Scrafty @ Quick Claw
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Bulk Up

it needs tweaking anyway but i dont know what to do with it.

!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

This is standard OU right?

First off, let me suggest a lot of changes you pretty much need to do (if this is restricted items you should of said so)

Toxicroak: give it dry skin and life orb / leftovers, thunderpunch and and cross chop are pretty much useless, replace them easily with Ice Punch (to beak through Gliscor and dragons) and Swords Dance / Bulk Up. Toxicroak is also missing 252 EVs.

Heracross: toxic orb is a much better option, it takes 3+ turns for burn damage to be higher than toxic, and odds are Heracross won't be in that long. Outside of that, Sleep Talk or Earthquake are worth considering over Facade, either to attack like asleep, making use of sleep fodder, or to hail Tentacruel.

Poliwrath: Encore and Toxic are a bit redundant on this set, consider ditching one for Protect / Substitute.

Breloom: First off, run Seed Bomb or Stone Edge over Drain Punch easily here. I don't know why you have such a bulky breloom, something like Adamant 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe would be more effective at dishing out damage.

Scrafty: Easily run Leftovers / Life Orb on it with Dragon Dance over Fire Punch. Also, consider High Jump Kick over Drain Punch if you have time.

Conkeldurr: run Mach Punch over Fire Punch, conk needs Mach Punch to do it's job and Fire Punch doesn't do anything for it.

Overall, you are using Fire Punch way to much when you don't need it. :3

I think the psychic team quit because with one turn of set up, DD Scrafty can sweep a psychic team.

First off, I suggest you run a more offensive Breloom, either the choice band or the swords dance set, that literally sweeps offensive teams off their feet easily, at the very least making huge holes.

Also, why are you not using better fighting types? You have as options: Keldeo, Terrakion, Infernape, Lucario, Virizion, and Hitmontop, why on Earth you are running a fighting team with some of the slowest fighting types, all that are physical, is beyond me. At the very least run Terrakion or Infernape to have stealth rocks, which this team completely lacks currently.

If I was you, I would run: Terrakion, Keldeo, CB-Breloom, Hitmontop, Scrafty, Toxicroak.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Your take on the moves is correct, i was just adding fire moves because there was a severe lack in the team.

I know it's not the most competitive, but I like those pokemon : )

!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

you really need rocks on this team man at the very least, ei: terrakion, cobalion, or Infernape need to be on here

also y u no play RBY

since you seem to be the only one here that plays, I could change it to another teir or generation if you want, I really don't care