Thread: I don't know which job is worse

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Default I don't know which job is worse

I've only done two real jobs in my life. QA testing for mobile games, and customer call center agent for AT&T.

QA is extremely boring but you don't have to interact with anybody but your coworkers and boss. Monotonous, dead-in job that makes you loathe match-3 puzzle games forever, but very easy to get time off and was an extremely relaxed work environment. There major downside was the 40 minute commute for just above minimum wage.

Call center is a call center, so it's bad on premise, but the job is at least problem solving to a degree and I don't mind the people that are nice and work with me. Very hard to get time off and you risk termination if you miss more than a day on a 90 rolling period. It pays better and is closer to my house though.

Honestly I feel kinda homesick for my QA job but the pay was just not worth it :c

I have atnt can you hook me up with some shit? Can I keep calling the call and asking if this is pichubro until you say yes?

I am U-verse technical support, would you like to be transferred to sales where they may properly update your services?

I'm actually paying for U-verse right now 47.37 can you make it cheaper for me?

We don't do billing, we do tech support.

I've concluded that call center is worse.

Almost quit today because of someone yelling at me for being incompetent. Bro, it's my third day and you gave me a weird situation I've never covered and I'm struggling with tools I have never used before before because you refused to troubleshoot and are insisting that I can waive a fee for getting a tech out just to help you install a TV reciever that many people can do on their own by looking at the cables and seeing that the new box has the holes in the exact same places and have common sense. Dude cussed me out and I had to walk out and cry in my car before I was ready to make more calls. I could have drove away and never looked back.

I much preferred the old man I got on my first day that I helped program a remote because even though I was on the line for an hour, he was super nice and we were both very patient with each other. Sure, it took him an hour to program a remote, but at the end he asked me how long I had been working at AT&T. "Actually, this is my first day. :3" He was blown away, chuckled and said "You're kidding me! I never would have guessed!"

I wish all guys were like Ronald. He was awesome. He messed up my stats with his super long call but I'm sure he left the call happy. Not like McDouchebag "I want to try to cheat the system and get pissed when I find out I have to be charged a fee for cheating the system." Hope he likes that reciever I sent him anyway, he will be charged $150 if he doesn't return the old one. I might have forgotten to tell him. Mm-hmm, forgot.