Thread: what was the turning point of final final fantasy, from good to bad?

Default what was the turning point of final final fantasy, from good to bad?

for me it was final fantasy XII. I put an extraordinary amount of time into that game.

I also loved VI.
    Quote Originally Posted by giftsbestt View Post
    People, let us discuss 4 actions to support your personal wife's continue to Earth less complicated: Vacuum your girlfriend car. Refill her vehicle's gas tank. Buy her flowers... originating from a florist who all conducts business in a very building along with a solid roof top, not on road-side stands as well as at gasoline stations. You might earn things by actually vehicle and getting out of your car or truck. Gas rail station flowers that reek of unleaded tend to be not as purposeful. They along with precisely the same category seeing that gas station sushi.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

FFX made the transition into voice acting and the game's characters weren't the best, but it had a good battle system. Personally, the games were better before it had voice acting.

FFXII wasn't overly terrible, and definitely still manageable, but it had things going against it like Vaan and the battle system (personal opinion, some people liked it, I didn't overly care for it).

FFXIII was worse than FFXII, SE put most of their resources into the cutscenes, but the cutscenes did not save a game full of uninteresting dungeons and fake difficulty bosses. The leveling also had no point, and you lost if your 'main' character died in battle despite if the other two were fine. BS.

----------

I actually am looking forward to FFXV though. FFIX is my favorite out of all of them, and I would consider XIII, XII, III and [possibly] VIII the low points; though VIII was just a love or hate game really.

Now that I'm thinking about it... X-2, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns are garbage and are the lowest of the low, because they are just money scams. Up until X-2, the deal was that every Final Fantasy game was in a seperate world from all the other games, only held down by familiar themes and tropes like crystals, chocobos, moogles and a turn-based battle system.

Square Enix gave into the Japanese teenage audience.

i didnt think 12 was too bad, but it was definitely part of the transition. ff10 easily marks the end of final fantasy as a great series.

is good for you

FFIII

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    i didnt think 12 was too bad, but it was definitely part of the transition. ff10 easily marks the end of final fantasy as a great series.
    Took the words out my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    FFX made the transition into voice acting and the game's characters weren't the best, but it had a good battle system. Personally, the games were better before it had voice acting.

FFXII wasn't overly terrible, and definitely still manageable, but it had things going against it like Vaan and the battle system (personal opinion, some people liked it, I didn't overly care for it).

FFXIII was worse than FFXII, SE put most of their resources into the cutscenes, but the cutscenes did not save a game full of uninteresting dungeons and fake difficulty bosses. The leveling also had no point, and you lost if your 'main' character died in battle despite if the other two were fine. BS.

----------

I actually am looking forward to FFXV though. FFIX is my favorite out of all of them, and I would consider XIII, XII, III and [possibly] VIII the low points; though VIII was just a love or hate game really.
    ff8 was AWESOME and anyone who thinks different is WRONG

Ahhh... From what I've heard, FFX 2 was just pandering the girls and such with singing. Not much that I'm interested in there, but from what I've heard... It's like I always used to hear how bad the newer games were. I may check them out when I get the time to, but as of now I only have played most of the old ones.

It's the only one I haven't played besides VI and I'm just saying it looks like a love it or hate it game. xP

I dig the soundtrack though. It has an epic feel to it.

This brings me back to the day where I found a copy of FFVI for the SNES but it costs 90 dollars and I didn't have my money on me. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebabe kitten View Post
    Ahhh... From what I've heard, FFX 2 was just pandering the girls and such with singing. Not much that I'm interested in there, but from what I've heard... It's like I always used to hear how bad the newer games were. I may check them out when I get the time to, but as of now I only have played most of the old ones.
    FFXIII isn't completely awful but it is ungodly boring, uncreative, and woven by a very thin consideration of a 'plot'. It did not warrant a sequel and yet got two...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebabe kitten View Post
    This brings me back to the day where I found a copy of FFVI for the SNES but it costs 90 dollars and I didn't have my money on me. -_-
    If you have a PS3 you can get it for $10 on PSN, so there's that. Back in March they had a Final Fantasy sale which is how I got both VII and IX for $5 each. ^_^

My friend borrowed our copy of FFVII, I want to replay it and go through the boss battles and such.