Thread: post your short story/film ideas (or only those that you want to share nudge nudge wink wink hehheh)

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Default post your short story/film ideas (or only those that you want to share nudge nudge wink wink hehheh)

- in 30 years, a millionaire goes on a virgin atlantic flight to space. he does this to escape the boredom of his marriage. he realises early on in the flight that space is pointless if we don't deal with the mute realities of this earth, and he takes his wife to "explore" the corners of earth he'd never thought about exploring.
    - a man goes to rome but doesn't really "get" it. he doesn't really see the appeal of seeing something that is 2000 years old and in ruins, and he prefers the present. however, he visits the national museum and he sees all the ancient roman statues. as he's looking into the eyes of one of the busts, it suddenly morphs into his dad and starts talking to him. suddenly, all of the statues turn into everybody that he knows and start talking to him, and telling him things that they never told him. he's blown away.
    -

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

A story taking place in a post-apocalyptic landscape, wherein a man must travel from Indiana to Nunavut in a moderately damaged Dodge Grand Caravan with a few other refugees. He's looking for work at a tug-boat company that fetches icebergs and ships them to the rest of North America for fresh water.

for some reason early last month i was struck with the desire to write a fantasy series but with a strong literary bent well outside the norm of the genre. over the time i've even fleshed out what the world would be and what the overall narrative/major plot would be. of course i'll never write it though.

most of the summer i've been ruminating over a "great american novel" type deal where this guy in his early/mid 20s gets laid off from his union manufacturing job and tries to see what he can do in post industrial america. it's obvious but i don't think its been written about prolifically. i've worked out a general arc, several scenarios and have several particular lines and passages i like 'written' in my mind but i'll probably never actually put them together.

movie ideas that i've had and thought on a bit:
    - guy on the way to an important job interview gets sidetracked all day long helping an old man look for his lost dog. might be too corny.
    - the chronicle of lin zexu starting the first opium war
    - a young cop looking to score points with his superiors tries to catch a prolific graffiti artist
    - chronicle of a genuinely remorseful murderous official of an oppressive regime being tried by an international tribunal

- a young cop looking to score points with his superiors tries to catch a prolific graffiti artist
    i really like this idea

- guy on the way to an important job interview gets sidetracked all day long helping an old man look for his lost dog. might be too corny.
    i quite like this as well and i've had similar-ish ideas in the past. i think you could make it not corny

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

been writing the guys of my GREAT NOVEL since my exams finished and i think today i put down the pen for good. i didn't exactly finish it, i just thought of a much better story to tell - it's like a transgressive fiction piece being classified as such by not wanting to be whatsoever. it's all very metaphysical and clever.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

funnily enough, i have a few lines and conversations that are like stock to me. very cool lines that i will somehow write into my debut novel whenever i get around to writing it.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

the insane story in my head on another world with aliens, robots, fish people, ect

I could make a series of it

okay so a guy is in his bathtub when he sees something in the hallway. it turns out to be a monster thing drags him away to 'hell' where the man slowly transforms into the creepy thing due to various situations leading up to it, including but not limited to being eaten and regurgitated but brought back to life through magic numerous times.. then he somehow goes back in time and has to travel to the surface world for food and finds himself once again. ad infinitum it will be a short 1 hour 30 minutes straight to dvd release with a cult following. it will also be banned in white people country due to its indiscriminately violent cannibalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by giftsbestt View Post
    People, let us discuss 4 actions to support your personal wife's continue to Earth less complicated: Vacuum your girlfriend car. Refill her vehicle's gas tank. Buy her flowers... originating from a florist who all conducts business in a very building along with a solid roof top, not on road-side stands as well as at gasoline stations. You might earn things by actually vehicle and getting out of your car or truck. Gas rail station flowers that reek of unleaded tend to be not as purposeful. They along with precisely the same category seeing that gas station sushi.

Registered Users Regular Super Anchovie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    - chronicle of a genuinely remorseful murderous official of an oppressive regime being tried by an international tribunal
    damn i love this idea

and hmm
    - i'd like the write the script/plot for an episode of svu which finally explores the unspoken love between benson and stabler
    - a historical epic in which atlantis was never destroyed (if it existed in the first place) and it is a world power in the 20th century
    the story would start off explaining that atlantis was the world's foremost superpower for thousands of years until a series of natural disasters, corruption scandals, wars etc slowly tarnished its prestige around the same time america became a player
    the majority of the story would take place between 1920 and 1963, in which we see atlantis live out it's final days as a world power
    in wwii atlantis suffers the same fate as britain and goes into an irreversible state of decline
    in an attempt to become the world's main superpower once more, atlantis tries to make a new energy source that would not only power itself for a thousand years but force america to bow down to it
    however, when on the eve of the unleashing of their new energy source, something goes wrong and atlantis ends up being destroyed, signifying the end of an era and whatever
    i really want to flesh it out and have characters and whatever but i think i have a good story so far

- a historical epic in which atlantis was never destroyed (if it existed in the first place) and it is a world power in the 20th century
    interesting

what about the mongolian empire as a modern world power with computers and an amazingly advanced economy

Registered Users Regular Super Anchovie's Avatar

the sequel