Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conservatism & Immortality

Hybrid View

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Default Conservatism & Immortality

Over time social change takes place because older generations die off so that the younger folks who are more open to new ideas have the (political) power. Now that the baby boomers are starting to reach in age are we going to see a massive shift in political opinion within the next 10-20 years?

Also, medicine is increasing the human life span incrementally, and our generation might be the first to live regularly more than a century, or even achieve pseudo-immortality. How will societal change occur?

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Over time social change takes place because older generations die off so that the younger folks who are more open to new ideas have the (political) power. Now that the baby boomers are starting to reach in age are we going to see a massive shift in political opinion within the next 10-20 years?

Also, medicine is increasing the human life span incrementally, and our generation might be the first to live regularly more than a century, or even achieve pseudo-immortality. How will societal change occur?
    Can you not post a thread that looks like it's a homework question

Add some fucking pizzazz
    Quote Originally Posted by giftsbestt View Post
    People, let us discuss 4 actions to support your personal wife's continue to Earth less complicated: Vacuum your girlfriend car. Refill her vehicle's gas tank. Buy her flowers... originating from a florist who all conducts business in a very building along with a solid roof top, not on road-side stands as well as at gasoline stations. You might earn things by actually vehicle and getting out of your car or truck. Gas rail station flowers that reek of unleaded tend to be not as purposeful. They along with precisely the same category seeing that gas station sushi.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Hahaha yeah, it looks like he posted essay prompts hoping we'd do his homework for him. I read them was like ughhhh xD

but FINE

school hasn't started yet. when it does there will be more threads.

-assuming
    -assuming
    -assuming

I assume by this point we will have interstellar capabilities.

is it just me or has Kirby been particularly belligerent lately

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    other than WRECKING kelsh i havent noticed

I have been going through some stuff lately.

Registered Users Regular Flaming Flamingo's Avatar

Most opinions on what is and is not moral are changing already. People are growing more tolerant of each other each new generation, and the shift is already starting to occur. Social change will also still happen fairly rapidly well into the future even though there won't be a large new generation to replace the old one. The same technologies that will allow for that will also allow for modification of the mind and people are going to get exponentially smarter.

-assuming

sex change surgery

something along those lines actually, I have been giving serious contemplation about coming out at transgendered

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    something along those lines actually, I have been giving serious contemplation about coming out at transgendered
    I support the unbound expression of your inner consciousness.

I am laughing pretty hard at this, but its not at you Kirbx. Although, really?
    Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post

I don't know about you but it seems to me that political opinion is already shifting fairly quickly, at least in NYC which is like the political capital of the world. Politicians, and maybe voters, are already embracing marijuana and sexting. There's seems to be a bit more pep in the civil rights movement started by MLKingJr. and his ilk; the supreme court ruled against stop and frisk, etc. Things are looking... up?

As to your pseudo-immortality: How will it stack up against overpopulation and global warming?
    Just do it.

Yeah its been on my mind hard, just a few minutes ago a cashier asked me if something was wrong saying that I looked "gloomy."

if kirby becomes transsexual and i still refuse to change his username to princess bubblegum, will it be a hate crime?

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    if kirby becomes transsexual and i still refuse to change his username to princess bubblegum, will it be a hate crime?
    hahaha that's kind of funny. i would call it discrimination and gender labeling. you cold bastard!!
    Quote Originally Posted by giftsbestt View Post
    People, let us discuss 4 actions to support your personal wife's continue to Earth less complicated: Vacuum your girlfriend car. Refill her vehicle's gas tank. Buy her flowers... originating from a florist who all conducts business in a very building along with a solid roof top, not on road-side stands as well as at gasoline stations. You might earn things by actually vehicle and getting out of your car or truck. Gas rail station flowers that reek of unleaded tend to be not as purposeful. They along with precisely the same category seeing that gas station sushi.

smogon changed my username before you

SMOGON

If he actually purchases 8=D to V surgery..... nope still don't change it.

Hate crime: maybe.
    Just do it.

Yeah it would only be a crime if he hurt himself because you refused to acknowledge his gender identity.

You cold bastard.
    Just do it.

you*

god its only fair yu change kirbys name you changed mine

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

'social change' is a horribly vague term. and 'shifts in political opinion' is an abstract idea. political opinion is cyclical - as we see a trend towards globalisation and authoritarianism, obviously some form of counterbalance comes in terms of a 'shift of political opinion' of this generation. yet i guarantee you that in twenty years people, probably young people, will start becoming inclined towards institutions that they initially rejected in favour of social change - so people will begin to join churches and right-wing parties again. the world is an endlessly untranscendable cycle of human folly and nothing happens or organically changes without some kind of mass cataclysmic revolution, and the idea that it does is barbaric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast