Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advise me PD

Default Advise me PD

Backstory:

I recently took a "class", it was more a crash course kind of thing, on effective presentations, and I met [let's call him] Bob who was sitting next to me when we all had to do a presentation for the class. He wasn't very good- apparently he was too nervous- but we struck up a conversation since he was sitting next to me.

Since then :

He waits for me everyday before class
    He insists on sitting next to me
    ( He's in most of my classes)
    He keeps inviting me over to play his video games, and watch his collection of tv shows
    He walks me to wherever I'm going when he sees me
    He doesn't like when I talk to others
    - he keeps interrupting when I talk to other people
    - he joins the conversation and takes over, making everyone listen to him

He automatically assumes we'll partner up whenever we need to in classes (plus he's already sitting next to me, so there you go)

He wants me to wear his jacket in winter ( ... )
    He likes everything I like and dislikes everything I don't like
    He presents us to other people as a unit ( always talking about "we" and "us" and about what we feel or decided etc)

Am I just overreacting? Because I am feeling so uncomfortable. Plus he's super weird. Like really.

How do I tell him to back off? I would feel so uncomfortable just brutally telling him to stop being friendly, because so far he's just being friendly.... right? I've been trying to avoid him, but I can't keep doing that forever.

Advise me PD.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

As a creep, the best advice I can give to you is say something aggressively stupid and insulting, I stopped creeping on a girl I knew since kindergarten the minute she said all fat people should be killed.

I know this is a bit backwards, but if you want him off your case, you can do something like that.

That is some creepy shtuff.

If that's the whole story, I wouldn't break it to him too harshly only because he seems psychotic.
    But definitely stop being nice because right now it is seeming like you are as kind out in the real world as you are here.
    Just do it.

That's beyond creeping, Kirbx. He's bold enough to step right into other people's conversations but he's gets nervous presenting? How many personalities does the kid have?
    Just do it.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I'm not a guy but...

I don't think he's being a "stalker" really, but he may think of you as a sort of girlfriend without realizing you don't feel the same way. He may just have a misconception on what is uncomfortable and what is nice. From my experience, some guys think there is no such thing as being 'too nice'.

Hey Trixie, do you have any male friends (preferably some with decent [or even average] musculature)?
    Just do it.

Do you know this kids political identity Trixie? Another creep block is finding out they are opposite of you politically.

More like, I try to be as kind online as I am in the real world, so yeah xD

Kirbx, I can't be aggressively insulting. I just can't. ( Or I really don't want to, I never do that.)

I mean, this guy's just weird.

He doesn't drive, because he says he's scared of mechanical failures ( He went on for like 15 mins about the probability of engines failing)
    He hates the sun, apparently
    He doesn't like going out
    He doesn't like exercise
    He pretend to know everything but really just sounds annoying

There were some people stacking up boxes and I was telling someone else (jokingly) that it would be a disaster if they toppled over on us, and he came over intensely, patted me on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry, if they had fallen on you I would have carried you to a hospital."
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    I'm not a guy but...

I don't think he's being a "stalker" really, but he may think of you as a sort of girlfriend without realizing you don't feel the same way. He may just have a misconception on what is uncomfortable and what is nice. From my experience, some guys think there is no such thing as being 'too nice'.
    As a guy I'm telling you that there is no 'sorta' in that OP.
    Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henri View Post
    Hey Trixie, do you have any male friends (preferably some with decent [or even average] musculature)?
    Yeah, but I'm still wondering if this is a serious issue or I can slowly just dissuade him and he'll just fade into the background.
    Originally made by LM:

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    There were some people stacking up boxes and I was telling someone else (jokingly) that it would be a disaster if they toppled over on us, and he came over intensely, patted me on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry, if they had fallen on you I would have carried you to a hospital."
    more like carried you off to a secluded place... wooded area... or a torture dungeon.... possibly even a torture dungeon in a wooded area.
    Just do it.

more like carried you off to a secluded place... wooded area... or a torture dungeon.... possibly even a torture dungeon in a wooded area.
    kinky

he seems psychotic.
    He told someone "we" were talking to that he is a Pacifist because he doesn't like to hurt people and so he runs away from fights. And then he got all serious and said "But if someone ever steals anything from me, I will punch them out.", in a really low voice.
    Originally made by LM:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Do you know this kids political identity Trixie? Another creep block is finding out they are opposite of you politically.
    I don't know. I've already told him I don't like video games, don't like any of the tv shows he keeps mentioning... he keeps saying I should try them and I'll be converted. Patting me on the shoulder. Idk, that's his thing.
    Originally made by LM:

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I can't help but feel that this guy may have some mental problems that may be making him latch onto you unnaturally. This goes a little beyond lack of social skills. I worry he may do something very bad if this continues and I want you to be safe Trixie.

So what do I do right now? I think my best bet is ask other friends to intervene and kind of keep us apart. I really don't feel comfortable with confronting him directly, I guess I am a little scared to do that.
    Originally made by LM:

I don't know. I've already told him I don't like video games, don't like any of the tv shows he keeps mentioning... he keeps saying I should try them and I'll be converted. Patting me on the shoulder. Idk, that's his thing.
    This is probably going to sound odd, but how about you watch whatever one he likes the best, access it. And then critically tell him how much you hated it and point out all its terrible flaws.

It doesn't have to be anything serious, it could be something as easy as "Oh X, yea I watched that pilot, what a horrible premise, (insert is favorite character) is a joke, completely unrealistic and tacky."

Have one of your guy friends (the toughest) introduce himself as 'Trixie''s boyfriend.
    Just do it.

ahahahahaha

I guess I could try that. He'll probably take it as a positive sign that I actually watched it after he suggested it to me since I've already told him I haven't seen them and have no interest in seeing them.
    Originally made by LM:

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    ahahahahaha
    Bad advice.
    Just do it.

I guess I could try that. He'll probably take it as a positive sign that I actually watched it after he suggested it to me since I've already told him I haven't seen them and have no interest in seeing them.
    look around for reviews of them, try to find the worst one

I am not saying to get into it, just like the pilot or something

Have one of your guy friends (the toughest) introduce himself as 'Trixie''s boyfriend.

It's come to that? I posted this thread trying to figure out whether this is going to be a serious problem or a mild annoyance...

Yeah, I should just do this. Even though he knows (of) all my friends and knows I'm single.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    ahahahahaha

Glad you find this amusing Tim.
    Originally made by LM:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    look around for reviews of them, try to find the worst one

I am not saying to get into it, just like the pilot or something
    Okay.

I've made plans to meet a couple of girls early tomorrow and go over to classes together etc. Just see if I can avoid him sitting next to me and keep this up for a few days, at least.
    Originally made by LM:

If you don't want to handle it personally, I think that would be the best way. It would only be a problem based on if he has the ability to punch someone out. Then you get a restraining order or the Indian equivalent.
    Just do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast