Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: stupid talking points thread part whatever

metaphysics in fun though

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    I swear every teacher from 5th grade to 9th grade: "Well, y'know, we don't even know if anything outside this classroom door even exists." WE GET IT YOU TOOK PHILOSOPHY 1000 IN YOUR UNDERGRAD.
    Oh woah I see what you're saying. Id be pissed to if I was being told learning is bullshit by a teacher

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    "If you don't vote it means you agree with what's going on."

P1: If you don't vote you agree with what's going on.
    P2: If you vote you don't agree what's going on.
    P3: You don't vote.
    C: You agree with what's going on.

Valid but unsound.
    No, the general idea is that most people's political ideologies aren't the product of an extremist belief system. Hence an individual is expected to be an informed citizen and vote with whatever slants closest to his/her own personal value system. It's not that not voting means you agree with what's going on, it's about effectively doubling some extremist vote you no doubt disagree with on a fundamental level, but because you've got it I to your head that the dynamics at play here are simple as binary code, you've missed that crucial voting incentive.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Solipsism
    Assuming you're referring to the prescribed philosophical manifesto and not general narcissism, I've found that functioning by some sort of solipsistic branch-off (in the sense that there is no afterlife, and the universe ends with you, and consciousness, while subjective, is the be-all and end-all of human existence) is very effective for subconsciously freeing yourself of inhibitions. I realised I needed to backtrack and have a fundamental reason for acting like Kanye West in real life with nothing of merit to fund such egotism, and I came up with that. Listening to Death Cab for a Cutie and reading David Foster Wallace are probably both to blame, but at least it's made for some cracking poetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    Any jackoff talking about humans be the cause of global warming.
    Well, if you take into account The Third Assessment report's findings, there's new and stronger evidence that most global warming over the last sixty years is attributable to human beings, specifically greenhouse gas emissions. Yes, the whole thing is cyclical, but we're certainly not slowing down the process by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I am never going to study music theory, so I will never understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Pretentious art degree is pretentious.
    I can't even bring myself to respond to this one.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    Assuming you're referring to the prescribed philosophical manifesto and not general narcissism, I've found that functioning by some sort of solipsistic branch-off (in the sense that there is no afterlife, and the universe ends with you, and consciousness, while subjective, is the be-all and end-all of human existence) is very effective for subconsciously freeing yourself of inhibitions. I realised I needed to backtrack and have a fundamental reason for acting like Kanye West in real life with nothing of merit to fund such egotism, and I came up with that. Listening to Death Cab for a Cutie and reading David Foster Wallace are probably both to blame, but at least it's made for some cracking poetry.
    I'm glad philosophy has helped you not become a better person.

im with lord on this. solipsism is often a useful delusion.

I'm glad philosophy has helped you not become a better person.
    Conversely, realising you are the master of your own skull-sized universe means you start living life on your own terms rather than how others may or may not perceive you. I can't think of very much social psychological phenomenons like that which pretty much make you a better person by default.

Did PD just get Blown The Fuck Out by lil old Lord94?

Tl;dr

Registered Users Regular

Default stupid talking points thread part whatever

I dont think google is making us stupid.
    A search engine, google - is a tool and nothing more.
    So how can it be making me stupid?

By the way, the best program for marketing, SEO and SMM for me - it a XRumer 12.0.9 Elite

Well as a bot you're opinion will be slightly biased, but isn't google that's making people stupid per se, rather the ability to have any question answered for them nearly instantaneously. It undermines a persons ability to figure things our for themselves and stunts their critical thinking. Read Feed, such a good book

I agree. taking time to think about something first, to understand it, and then think what it you are actually asking is very important and skill that many poeple don't have. they just let things be.

plot twist, what of i was a bot from the very beginging? ;]
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Gay army bot with a tragic backstory? I'd still bring ya along as an npc companion!

putting it that way makes me sound like an actual NPC to some RPG
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234