Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: My bad bro

  1. #1
    'Le Cheveu Fou' Henri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,181

    Default My bad bro

    Yea maybe that was a bit much.

    What I really meant was that if you really love her, you will stick it out. You will become a goddamned saint. A church going, Bible toting, mother-loving man of the cloth, even. If there's no room for compromise and that's what it takes.


    The only catch is, if she doesn't accept you how you are, then how can there be true happiness?
    Just do it.

  2. #2
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Nah man I didn't delete the thread because of what you or anyone said, the thread crossed a line for me because it was too personal about someone other than me, which of course is what I started. I do appreciate all your thoughts though. As far as her accepting me, let's face it guys, a women will ALWAYS try to find something to "fix" about you. I'm just having a REAL hard time doing the whole organized religion thing without being disingenuous. If anything, THAT'S my real issue.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  3. #3
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,754

    Default

    deleting threads hours after you've started them, the #1 internet sign of autism

  4. #4
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Complaining about forum etiquette, the #2 internet sign of autism.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  5. #5
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,754

    Default

    autistic people aren't allowed to be part of the diagnostic process

  6. #6
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    13,990

    Default

    aw man what did i miss

  7. #7
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,754

    Default

    dogar revealed that pd has one more transgendered poster

  8. #8
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    autistic people aren't allowed to be part of the diagnostic process
    High talk from someone who didn't know who the League of Nations were!

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    dogar revealed that pd has one more transgendered poster
    This poster.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  9. #9
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Completely missed whatever. Oh well.

    Hope everything's okay, Dogar.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  10. #10
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Trixie, PD persona aside, as a man what do you think of me? Occupation, education, smarts, interests, demeanor etc. With that, would you say my offer in a marriage is lacking or acceptable for providing a loving safe life with a woman? As a value of personhood, do I have a high or low standing in general and then in your opinion?

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  11. #11
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    It's hard for me to set your online persona aside, because that is the only way I know you.

    But I do know you're smart, have a good occupation and interests and all the rest. You're a good person, I don't think you're lacking in any way.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  12. #12
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,754

    Default

    im not sure how you expect someone you only know on pd to put your pd persona aside

  13. #13
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    im not sure how you expect someone you only know on pd to put your pd persona aside

    ^ see? as I said
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  14. #14
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    It's hard for me to set your online persona aside, because that is the only way I know you.

    But I do know you're smart, have a good occupation and interests and all the rest. You're a good person, I don't think you're lacking in any way.
    We all know my RL personality is the same as my PD one but toned down and much less divisive. Granted I'm a smart ass but nothing on the level of I am on PD. Even on PD it's not hard to see that I have a heart.

    With that you say I am not lacking in any way. My question is is what are you SO adamant about that you would never compromise in a mate ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    im not sure how you expect someone you only know on pd to put your pd persona aside
    I think I have been here long enough for most people to see who I really am at least to a degree when looking past my super funny internet hijinks!

    Furthermore, if a person knows and FEELS FLCL, one does not need to even question what kind of person they are.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  15. #15
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    Even on PD it's not hard to see that I have a heart.
    It really isn't. I think you're extremely caring and sensitive when it comes to people who are your friends/ you like/ love.

    I... don't know about the one thing.

    Disrespect, maybe? Like even in general, if he is not respectful to other people, or my family, or my feelings etc. It's hard for me to come up with one thing!
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  16. #16
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Oh Trixie you make me smile.


    See, basic human kindness, being loving and trusting; forgiving always, to anyone and especially your lover. Being strong when she needs you to be strong but opening up when you need her. Providing and not fretting over money, having the ability to enjoy the small things in life but not opposed to planned fun big events. Being an ambitious dreamer but are grounded and practical. Allowing the both of you to grow, together and compromising.

    Is that not what a loving, good man needs to be? Is that not what a woman deserves?

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  17. #17
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Yes exactly!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    My question is is what are you SO adamant about that you would never compromise in a mate ever?
    So I don't know. I guess it depends what stage the relationship is in. I'm not really adamant about anything- I feel like if I was enough in love I would accept a lot of things.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  18. #18
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Maybe she's just afraid of marriage in general. Like she thinks marriage has to be in this nice fit bow of perfectness before you go through with it. I mean she gave me milestones years ago about what needs to happen before we get married, and I have done all of them. Now she pulls the religion card, which I admit I understand is important to her, but that takes years and years to build and I don't want to do it disingenuously.

    What do you think Trixie? If you that was something you wanted your lover to improve would you want them to rush it or have them find their way with you throughout the years. Life is a journey, and that part of one's life is one as well.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  19. #19
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    I understand is important to her, but that takes years and years to build and I don't want to do it disingenuously.
    have them find their way with you throughout the years. Life is a journey, and that part of one's life is one as well.

    Have you told her this?
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  20. #20
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    I did, and she started to cry and we haven't talked since. I want to be the man she wants me to be, I do want to make her happy, but does a man have to be this sage, this religious pillar of strength to make his lover happy? I don't want to be those crazy crazy Christians, I never wanted to be that. But, I am not opposed to doing the church thing and praying before meals and missionary trips now and then.

    I'm just nervous and kind of scared that maybe it's not fair for her to be with a, well, more secular person like me. I can offer her so much, security, unconditional love, compassion etc., but the type of religious man she has always dreamed of marrying since she was a little girl I don't think I can be. I love her so much that I don't want to take that opportunity of maybe having a guy like that away from her. It hurts that I can't give her this one last thing when I can give her everything else.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  21. #21
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    I did, and she started to cry and we haven't talked since.
    She'll come back and talk to you. Don't worry about that.


    And don't put yourself down, you're a good person, and she knows that too. Honestly, she'll come back and listen and you can talk about stuff and work through them.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  22. #22
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    I'm just nervous and kind of scared that maybe it's not fair for her to be with a, well, more secular person like me. I can offer her so much, security, unconditional love, compassion etc., but the type of religious man she has always dreamed of marrying since she was a little girl I don't think I can be.
    But the fact that you're going to try means a lot. It really does, and I'm sure she will realize this. <3
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  23. #23
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Oh Trixie.

    I just don't want her to think she made a bad choice and get hurt. I just know I can't fit the religious mold she wants me to fit. I hope she does realize that I am and will always try to make her happy.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  24. #24
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Why would she ever think that?

    If you've really told her everything you've said in this thread so far, I really don't see how she could ever think that.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  25. #25
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    I did tell her, but it's not what she has always dreamed her husband would be. The reality of A. the time is coming sooner than latter that marriage is now on the table for real and B. I am not exactly how she wanted a man to be really makes her scared and distraught.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •