Thread: So I finally read 1984

Default So I finally read 1984

meh

People often use it as an example of what could happen if the government has too much power, while true, it seems more comparable if you let fundamentally insane people in power.

Man, I really wanted Eurasia and Eastasia to join up and nuke the fuck out of Oceania, I don't care what crazy system they have, it can't be as nuts as Big Brother.

Eastasian Death Worship sounds like the bees nees

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Animal farm had a better message, imo

i agree with solly
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Registered Users Regular Bluebabe kitten's Avatar

Haven't read Animal Farm but I will get the chance to one day as soon as I get off my IPhone and start to read books regularly again.

Feed has excellent and more contemporary social satire/commentary

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Animal farm had a better message, imo
    One book blatantly deals with life ruled by totalitarianism in a future that didn't seem too far away (and sometimes, still doesn't). The other's pretty much a novella; an allegory for things already passed at its time of publication. You can't really compare them.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Animal Farm is better writing though, I'll concede to that.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Doritos are the shit. Dragonite's Avatar

I actually just finished reading Animal Farm, and I will agree that it sure got the message across. But I don't really know the book 1984. .3.

~I am best pony~