Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I'm Single Again

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default So I'm Single Again

I'm not in crippling pain or anything, that kind of makes me feel guilty in some way. Honestly, I think what is most pressing on my mind right now is how I REALLY don't want to put my peacock feathers out, again. It's not that I DON'T want to find someone but man after 4 years in one relationship I'm hesitant to put in the time again. Furthermore, dating in your mid-20's with several degrees and a salary job, a new frontier for me.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

aw

there was supposed to be a sad face there, mewtwo strikes again by not even letting people express proper condolence through pd

This was as close to mutual break up that we ever had. Of course she had backwards logic but I wasn't so driven to fight it. All in told I just don't think she's ready to grow up yet, while I am. Interestingly enough, most breakups occur on Mondays and right before the holiday season, who'd of thought.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

this has happened before with you though, so im hesitant to put too much time into saying what i think and advice etc before she just wants to get back with you in a week.

That's the thing, what IF she wants to get back together? Is it the right thing for me to take her back without some sort of plan to fix the issues we have? I don't want to force a relationship to work. Of course I love her but she has seemed so faraway and detached from me for 6 months.

personally i think it would be silly to go back into a relationship with someone you aren't a good match for when they that difficult and it has that many problems, when you could easily find someone you're more compatible with you is more on your wavelength and come to love them just as much after enough time which you know you would.

The other way of looking at that though is that if the going gets tough you just "give up" and try to find someone "better." Everything is work and my reluctance to think in the manner you speak is that it's based much on feelings on the here and now without trying to find a compromise. Granted both parties need to work on said compromise for it to even work though. In ether case I feel somewhat responsible for her and almost ashamed to "let her go."

aw dave <3

I know I know, just my luck right? Then again, I think people always have these issues no matter who they are. I did make a decision though, that no matter how this winds up I'm traveling abroad this Summer. Any suggestions as to where I should go?

duh, come to me

Hahaha. Well my uncle has a place in London, I could grab a train or whatever from there after a few days of hobnobbing and see you if you will have me. The great thing now is I have much more disposable income because of my job to see more things when I travel.

of course ill have you. door is always open

i could show you liverpool as well.. take you to see all the beatles stuff. i live like 10 minutes from there now

That would be sweet. I'd probably do week in London than a week with you. I was thinking around June but really that's not set in stone. When are you free in the Summer times?

im not really because im doing my nursing degree in awkward times.. my "summer holiday" is in january/feb........ buttttttttt, im not opposed to taking time off and making it up at a later date. itd just be amazing if you did come over! got so many people i could introduce you to, places to show you...

crazy to think that summer 2014 would be 8 years since eve had come here

On the dot too, AN is in June after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    im not really because im doing my nursing degree in awkward times.. my "summer holiday" is in january/feb........ buttttttttt, im not opposed to taking time off and making it up at a later date. itd just be amazing if you did come over! got so many people i could introduce you to, places to show you...
    Aw Eve, you know how to make man feel welcomed. I am 70% sure this this going to happen. I still feel weary about effecting your schooling though.

70% hahaha

no dont worry, its alright. we're allowed to make up time or like change our shifts about. its worth it

Hey you never know about that other 30!!! In the end what it comes down to is figuring out when my Summer grad. courses will be. After I know that I'll have a better gauge as to when I can go. Roundtrip plane ticket is $1000, not bad.

free accom too!

oh my god though, we'd have so much fun. im already planning out in my head where id take you. ahhhh
    youd have to stay for a friday/saturday night so we could go out in liverpool/birkenhead/chester

good times are ahead my friend

Well I'd pay for gas and my food and stuff, I don't need you to pay for that. And I'll be there when you think it's best to be there. I'd fly in from Dublin because a ticket from Dublin to London is cheaper than a round trip from NYC. So when it's time for me to depart I can take a ferry to Dublin instead of flying back, that'll be chill haha. And I can't wait to see what you'll have in store for. Loads of drinking btws. haha

I don't know shit about relationships, but from my end it seems like your relationship was toxic to you Dogar and I think it might have been in the best interest for both of you.

oh you have no idea the sweet hell im going to put you through with alcohol. ill show you how i work

but regarding when is best to come over, just come when you think and ill move things around. i think thats the best way.. so yeah. we'll see

Oh to be a young world traveling jet setter again. Of course in my day there was just the one continent and everything was lousy with sauroods

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast