Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's just talk about our lives for a little bit PD.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default Let's just talk about our lives for a little bit PD.

Lately I've felt rather introspective and it's been alright, because I've developed a cool, calm sense of mental clarity in the last three or four months, like an accepting of who I am - as if I've become one with reality. Whilst this has enhanced how I view myself in hundreds of different ways and, judging from how people have been receptive to me and general feedback, how my peers have too, there's been an incredible drawback where I find myself unable to accomplish feats I would have been able to about a year ago. I'm talking about things I could have only pulled off with either a) a ridiculous amount of self-confidence or b) a complete lack of social awareness. I sort of feel if I got that same sense of delusional recklessness back whilst being able to see things as clearly as I am now, life would be very good indeed. Life's great though, I'm a high-functioning alcoholic coasting through the first year of a human sciences degree, pulling really really ridiculously good looking girls and making loads of new great friends, as well as finding myself engaging in these really, really, really, really, REALLY weird but-at-the-same-time awesome social adventures.

Like two of my friends and I were drunkenly wandering around town at around four in the morning after a night out, find a vending machine on the side of the road, went over to it and two of us bought some drinks. Then my other friend (who was very, very drunk) couldn't find any money so we asked a girl if we could borrow some money from her as she walked past. She said no problem and then we went back to her apartment for hot chocolate.

This is the type of life I lead, it's pretty much the definition of the Irish dream.

Have any of you guys ever dealt with the natural phenomenon of becoming better looking or just generally more attractive? It's occurring to me presently, I'm noticing. I was always extremely popular and fairly good looking (and modest, haha) but in the last few months my face has been clearing up (acne-wise), I developed a pretty good fashion sense just in time for university, and I've been hitting the gym hard and I've been trying very, very hard to expand my social circle and the way people receive me is incredibly different indeed. It's like I'm noticing all of these subtle nuances and engagements in conversation with boys and girls, as well as the way people generally treat me and look up to me, and always want to be around me. And other stuff too. I'm thinking of writing an essay about it or something. Can any of you guys relate?
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

As I have lost weight, I find people treat me a tad bit better, but that's about it. There is strangely more of an expectation I am finding for me to be more social, which I often fail to fulfill.

I expect more changes as time goes on, but in my few months before I start going on HRT as I have improved my health, that's about it.

Ive lost over 20 pounds since the beginning of the semester BTW.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Ive lost over 20 pounds since the beginning of the semester BTW.
    That's awesome, keep going bro!
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

As I have lost weight, I find people treat me a tad bit better, but that's about it. There is strangely more of an expectation I am finding for me to be more social, which I often fail to fulfill.

I expect more changes as time goes on, but in my few months before I start going on HRT as I have improved my health, that's about it.
    Do you mean other people have expectations of you to be more social or you expect yourself to be more social?

i have a girl friend and have been more focus on school and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Khaous View Post
    i have a girl friend and have been more focus on school and stuff
    pics or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    Do you mean other people have expectations of you to be more social or you expect yourself to be more social?
    people will expect things out of me

pics or gtfo
    ill get some up soon

people will expect things out of me
    Then you should let yourself become more social. Life is just mostly showing up, Kirby. You might be surprised to find you believe your life worth improves if you take your friends up on the offer!

For example, I was invited to my friend's birthday party last night and I messaged another friend I know, my gym partner, asking him if he wanted to come. Ultimately, after trying to persuade him for a while, he still said no and I went to the party by myself, where I ran into someone I didn't know very well at all but was introduced to about a month ago, and my best friend in the whole wide world happened to be there too. The new guy introduced my best friend and I to two of his friends, a guy and a fairly attractive girl who was showing signs of being interested in me, but before I could make a move my friend asked me if I wanted to join him outside without specifying why. Obviously I said yes because there probably was a why and once going outdoors he explained the guy sitting beside me was hitting on me hard. I have no idea how I'm so oblivious to gay guys hitting on me. This has happened a lot since I got better looking, it's pretty flattering.

Anyway, my best friend and I walked home shortly afterwards and had a really deep meaningful conversation about a load of different things.

And my other friend could have witnessed the hilarity of it all, made some new friends, and got to know my best friend better if he had simply tagged along.

See what I'm saying Kirby?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaous View Post
    ill get some up soon
    Cool. Congrats Khaous!

Then you should let yourself become more social. Life is just mostly showing up, Kirby. You might be surprised to find you believe your life worth improves if you take your friends up on the offer!

For example, I was invited to my friend's birthday party last night and I messaged another friend I know, my gym partner, asking him if he wanted to come. Ultimately, after trying to persuade him for a while, he still said no and I went to the party by myself, where I ran into someone I didn't know very well at all but was introduced to about a month ago, and my best friend in the whole wide world happened to be there too. The new guy introduced my best friend and I to two of his friends, a guy and a fairly attractive girl who was showing signs of being interested in me, but before I could make a move my friend asked me if I wanted to join him outside without specifying why. Obviously I said yes because there probably was a why and once going outdoors he explained the guy sitting beside me was hitting on me hard. I have no idea how I'm so oblivious to gay guys hitting on me. This has happened a lot since I got better looking, it's pretty flattering.

Anyway, my best friend and I walked home shortly afterwards and had a really deep meaningful conversation about a load of different things.

And my other friend could have witnessed the hilarity of it all, made some new friends, and got to know my best friend better if he had simply tagged along.

Basically this entire post can be summarised with 'yolo' haha

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I think life is on the upswing. I'm improving as a confident, charismatic individual, both in my skillsets and my knowledge base. I'm starting to become quite popular on my campus, but I still manage to find time for myself to relax, play some Civilization, get good sleep. What I need to do right now is start working out, getting my body in shape, because I can feel it falling apart. On the other hand, finals are just around the corner, which, for an anthro major, means lots of reading and not lots of free time.

7/10 life

so basically right now there is nothing actively good about my life but actually nothing actively bad either. 6/10 i guess.

No I don't.

I don't have friends to begin with, so your entire suggestion falls completely flat. I am not trying to be rude here, but you and I exist on 2 entirely different social levels, you can't understand my situation in any more of a manner than I can give relationship advice.

It's kind of hard to "get it", Kirbx, since you've never felt it before. But, one day you'll be invited to a party or a road trip or even just go out to Mcdonald's with a few guys, and for whatever reason you'll start really having fun. It was actually a bit of a shock to my system when I got out of high school and moved into residence, suddenly being very social and (more importantly) feeling appreciated.

You won't really understand until you can find a group of people who can get you on a deeper level, but once you start being social you'll wonder how you could have ever been a hermit.

And then you start playing Civilization for 8 hours a day and realize why you're stuck in your room all day.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

All of my friends are either in the military or out-of-state and so I haven't been able to hang out with anybody in forever :'(

there is a marginal possibility ill be in phoenix in february

is good for you

Got a girlfriend last December, freshman in college going alright, got a dog. That's about it

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

Life is pretty good. Got a good balance of medications to deal with my anxiety disorder and have lost some weight on it. Got out of a three year relationship that I was unhappy in. Transferred store locations and working a lot more which I enjoy. Dating has been fun a as well but not ready to be tied down so it's frustrating telling some guys that but eh. I had an awesome date last night involving Spanish red wine and a home cooked meal. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    It's kind of hard to "get it", Kirbx, since you've never felt it before. But, one day you'll be invited to a party or a road trip or even just go out to Mcdonald's with a few guys, and for whatever reason you'll start really having fun. It was actually a bit of a shock to my system when I got out of high school and moved into residence, suddenly being very social and (more importantly) feeling appreciated.

You won't really understand until you can find a group of people who can get you on a deeper level, but once you start being social you'll wonder how you could have ever been a hermit.
    Pretty much this. It can't be taught, only learned. And it can only be learned if you put yourself out there.

my life is alright really

im a student nurse.. only got 4 weeks left of placement and its the end of my first year. me and aidan are great.. been together 2 years in february!
    i live in a 3 bed house in a nice area
    and ive lost 3 and a half stone in weight since january. so thats what.. 50 pounds. ive found that a lot of people treat me better now.. its really stupid. ive not changed as a person but i get old friends talking to me all the time and a lot of attention when i go out

although. im a poor student so i cant afford much.. though aidan has a good wage so it keeps us afloat

i think im over coming a lot of anxiety issues slowly as well. i gave someone their first injection the other week and i've been putting that off all year. and on a night out with friends i got up on a stage in a 'rock' club, and played guitar hero infront of everyone. proud of myself for all that

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    and ive lost 3 and a half stone in weight since january. so thats what.. 50 pounds. ive found that a lot of people treat me better now.. its really stupid. ive not changed as a person but i get old friends talking to me all the time and a lot of attention when i go out
    Yeah it's weird how apparent it is now for me that humans are unbelievably superficial.

Tl;dr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast