Thread: so i started reading my old fanfics for the first time in years

Default so i started reading my old fanfics for the first time in years

and im extremely surprised at how readable they are. 13 year old me was not as terrible a writer as id thought.

man one of my fics is actually legitimately cool. it concerned a dystopian future in which pokemon have become hyper intelligent due to a mutation triggered by pokerus and are engaged in an ongoing war with humanity. although i didnt finish a lot of it, i vaguely remember what i had planned out - the story became tremendously complicated later on and the 'ending' of the war involved a lot of time travel mindfuckery spurred about by legendary pokemon who were depicted as deities. there were also a lot of religious motifs, like one of the character arcs being a mesianic allegory, an intricate battle between representations of 'god' and the 'devil' that overshadowed the primary conflict, characters being manipulated by theological figures that calls into question the idea of god being omnibenevolent, etc. of course the writing (of what i had written) was atrocious but the themes were pretty damn deep. i almost wish someone would complete it so i could read it.

post it

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    and im extremely surprised at how readable they are. 13 year old me was not as terrible a writer as id thought.
    This happened to me just before the Summer, I was pretty impressed with 13 year old me as well.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

no i only had four chapters done and they were both inconsequential and poorly written

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

My old high school stuff is still going pretty strong on SCP