Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tell me your troubles

Default tell me your troubles

in this thread we detail the daily dramas we are all going through

not stupid shit lets get all sentimental and what not. i can't really think of anything troubling me at the moment but once the ball gets rolling i'm sure i'll chime in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtTpszuKXqA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NaQnAkO2wU
    "You can't be your best self until you find your tribe."

Its 5:30 in the morning and I'm up because sometimes I don't sleep when I know I have an appointment I don't actually want to keep (but I have to). At least I'm not drunk.

First post since... a while?
    Just do it.

Wait, I'm obfuscating the issue here. Its really that I'm not so good at sleeping alone.

Trixie, will you marry me?
    Last edited by Henri; 06-28-2015 at 11:11 PM.
    Just do it.

Henri!! You're back <3

I would PD marry you, if that counts?

Anyway, as for my troubles - I ended up not taking the job I had lined up because it was a really shady thing, and I feel like they took advantage of their employees, so I'm suddenly unemployed and looking for jobs.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

i guess it's not a huge issue but due to working overnight on my days off i'm up all night, usually til it starts getting light out and it's hella boring

thanks rayne for introducing me to hearthstone at least, it'll kill some time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtTpszuKXqA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NaQnAkO2wU
    "You can't be your best self until you find your tribe."

my issues as... many. well, decided that suicide isn't the best choice in life at the moment because i actually have a sense for family and living and a future. except that my "family" that i've made with my squad will be left behind when i reach my new assignment.
    i have a security clearance, but because my biological brother stole my identity and bought a car (and didn't make payments on it) it's on my record. i made a police report, but i'm afraid when i'm being reviewed that it will show up again and suspend my clearance...
    i'm a gay soldier in the us army but things aren't still that great after Don't Ask Don't Tell. gay soldiers are still afraid to come out in fear of being discriminated by leaders.
    unfortunately, i was eating at the dining facility on base next to a table of big wigs/high brass. they were mocking Caitlin Jenner, The Orange in the New Black, and LGBT that was on the news. talking about how weird and strange it all is. that "they" should try to be "normal." of which i interrupted them and tried to explain. but they looked at me like i was crazy....
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Suicide should never seem like the best choice (unless you have a terminal disease). Remember Leo there will always be people who will miss you when you're gone, including us.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Currently:

- Have no money and trying to get a job. Self-esteem levels plummeting.
    - Have no foreseeable future
    -

the more time goes by, the more self-conscious i became of still never having had an actual relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    the more time goes by, the more self-conscious i became of still never having had an actual relationship
    ^this

He's grinning in our direction - but not, of course, at us. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    There are so many things out there worth so much more than an 'actual relationship' - I know that can seem intangible and incomprehensible and Simply Not True to someone who's never actually experienced one but trust me.

It will seem impossible until it happens inexplicably. Be patient and it will come.

I don't trust magic

Magic is dumb, this is just the inevitability of sheer numbers. Interact with enough people and you'll find someone.

He's grinning in our direction - but not, of course, at us. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    It will seem impossible until it happens inexplicably. Be patient and it will come.
    Yeah, with your computer science career, they'll be lining up to financially cripple you. Just give it another fifteen years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Magic is dumb, this is just the inevitability of sheer numbers. Interact with enough people and you'll find someone.
    its not guaranteed though, especially if you aren't that social

Regardless of how outgoing one is socially, human interactions will occur and relationships ensue. Don't sweat it there's really someone out there for everyone. (Seven and half a quarter billion?)

As for me, I have no troubles. Currently unemployed, sort of broke; the bank is trying to rob me, my girlfriend is for now another ex, I'm psuedo homeless and I have a dermatological ailment on my big toe.

Life is good.
    Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    Henri!! You're back <3

I would PD marry you, if that counts?
    Would you still if it didn't? Read: I do!

Let's start planning. I feel like Hickey is ordained but maybe we could be married by God!
    Just do it.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Things that are going well:
    - I just graduated with First Class Honours averaging 73 from a top UK university. That is 4.0 GPA.
    - I am in a loving relationship.
    - All of my family members are alive.
    - I have plenty of friends.
    - I just wrote a play and put it on. It went okay. This is a major door into some kind of career as a playwright.
    - I have come up with a pretty good long-term plan to become a sign language interpreter.

Things going badly:
    - I have no money, no job, nothing really akin to a short-term plan for where to live and no experience in things that most jobs require. I used to be a typist and a charity fundraiser, I've never worked in a shop and 70% of jobs seem to be working in shops (30% being 'DIGITAL MARKETING' 'WEB DESIGNER' or some other bollocks I would have been able to do 10 years ago but can't any more.)
    - As a result of this, I'm being really snappy, moody, childish and selfish with my loved ones and my girlfriend, jeopardising these relationships.
    - So, para-homelessness. Unemployment for the long future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    its not guaranteed though, especially if you aren't that social
    Then go join some clubs, foo

I already have, I'm actually doing much better in my social life now.

maybe I am just bitter because my heart was broken a bit back

I said I was sorry Kirbs. I'm a one woman man. I MAY be unemployed soon myself. Also bbed my Spanish class. Had no trouble doing the online part but anything in class I just froze up and I've never had that happen on school work before.

Bombed not bbed

Quote Originally Posted by Henri View Post
    Would you still if it didn't? Read: I do!

Let's start planning. I feel like Hickey is ordained but maybe we could be married by God!
    I'll add you to my pair list! ( Wow, I can't remember the last time I changed my signature. Big moment right here =P ) What color do you like?
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Ugh I worked saturday night 11pm-7am, went home and got like 4 hours of sleep before getting up for another shift from 3pm-11pm sunday. I got haggled into working the next shift consecutively which is another 11pm-7am. then i get to go home and sleep for another couple hours before getting up for my next shift which is 3pm-11pm. The overtime is going to make my paycheck glorious but shit i need to go and give my mom a pat on the back for all the times she did this. It's hella exhausting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast