Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's going on with you, PD?

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

Default What's going on with you, PD?

Noticed there hadn't really been any posts made lately so I figured we could all give each other updates on our exciting lives!

Mine, as you may have guessed, is pretty exciting. There's a girl on the scene who I'm thinking of settling down with. I probably won't though, I don't think I have time for that sort of thing during my college years. Meanwhile, I'm pretty much finished the first draft of my great novel and am now in the hardcore editing stage. It's making my brain melt. That and my newfound appreciation for complex postmodern novels. And it looks like I've formed a band; I've got the acoustic bones of maybe five or six songs - when I have an album's worth of material (hopefully by this summer), I'll call up my friends, tell them the direction I wanna go with what I've got, and we'll record an album.

So what's up with you PD?
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

I also cannot wait for Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks' new album. Gonna be listening to it in about two weeks. Judging from the lead single (Little Fang if any of you are inclined to Google it), most of my material is gonna be heavily influenced by it, like lots of reverb and vocoder effects, and it has to have a real dance/pop/glam rock feel to it with heavy bass, loads of 80s synths. That's what's in my head anyway, I'm just sorta hoping Avey went somewhere along that direction too haha.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Currently posting backstage, I'm in a play that's running this week

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    I also cannot wait for Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks' new album. Gonna be listening to it in about two weeks. Judging from the lead single (Little Fang if any of you are inclined to Google it), most of my material is gonna be heavily influenced by it, like lots of reverb and vocoder effects, and it has to have a real dance/pop/glam rock feel to it with heavy bass, loads of 80s synths. That's what's in my head anyway, I'm just sorta hoping Avey went somewhere along that direction too haha.
    yeah thats a good song, i listened to it a bunch when i saw it a couple weeks ago

I just finished a 10 page paper detailing how to find the general formula volume of hyperspheres, and proving each step with induction + some end fluff.

I'm hungover.

is good for you

Rayne needs to stop drinking, I am worried about him

maybe you just need to drink more celery

is good for you

I'm not ruling it out! Maybe I would understand if I did

i havent even been drinking that much. ive just been posting on pd coincidentally at the times ive been drunk/hungover

this is exacerbated by the fact that we now seem to have an official drunk thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    this is exacerbated by the fact that we now seem to have an official drunk thread
    Then why aren't you posting in it Rayne?

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    yeah thats a good song, i listened to it a bunch when i saw it a couple weeks ago
    Have you heard Panda Bear is releasing a solo album this year as well? Judging from soundboard downloads, it might just be his magnum opus. Really trip-hop like and stuff.

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Made official by whom, again? You're welcome, PD

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    Then why aren't you posting in it Rayne?
    because im hungover not drunk

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I've been getting a little bit into the more competitive side of Pokemon, though I'm still terrible at it.

Speaking of, I just made a guy forfeit... against my Leafeon. lol of all things...

I have suggested this before, but honestly if you want to get better at actually playing Pokemon in general, I highly suggest you play gen 1 RBY. Its the basics of competitive battling without all the modern fluff and just the play, allowing you to practice the general skills which become integral for all later generations rather quickly.

I've beaten Red 2 times and Yellow like 5 times and often played competitively against people at my elementary school; and I did fine except for the people who busted out their hacked pokemon like one guy who had a lv. 200 Magneton, he was a jerk. I just really meant that I started to get into IVs and EVs, I already understood the premise of movesets and natures.

I just found it hilarious that my Leafeon sweeped that guy's team hard enough for him to disconnect. xD I didn't even use Swords Dance! hahaha

Lymphoma Superstar Uganda Pikachu's Avatar

My last PET scan for about three months was yesterday and I'm hoping it'll still look great and I'll still be NED.

Second session of deadlands:noir tonight. The posse is goin to vet a boyfriend if the girl they rescued from the mob lat week only to find out that something WEIRD is up.

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    I've beaten Red 2 times and Yellow like 5 times and often played competitively against people at my elementary school; and I did fine except for the people who busted out their hacked pokemon like one guy who had a lv. 200 Magneton, he was a jerk. I just really meant that I started to get into IVs and EVs, I already understood the premise of movesets and natures.

I just found it hilarious that my Leafeon sweeped that guy's team hard enough for him to disconnect. xD I didn't even use Swords Dance! hahaha
    Oh I thought you meant simulator play.

In which case, the best way to increase your skills if you use a simulator XD

I've messed around in Pokemon Showdown a bit. I like how it easy it is to set up pokemon the way you want.

Recently got a new car allowing me to get back my second part time job at GameStop.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

I've been playing this lately: http://gamejolt.com/games/rpg/pok-mo...edition/18255/

Yay pokemon~ and the "uncensored" part of it makes it really funny and interesting to play.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

Still dating a guy probably too old for me, being high, playing guitar, hooping, reading, working, hiking. Just fun stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast