Thread: As we eat my mom does most of the talking

Beginning Trainer

Default As we eat my mom does most of the talking

For our new unit in Cyber English, we are researching the foods we eat and what our diets consist of. One of the things that we had to do was make a list of the foods we eat and pick five of them. We then had to find their nutritional facts and compare them to our diet and calorie intake for our age group. The five foods that I chose were sausage pizza, pineapple, potatoes, chocolate milk, and regular white milk. Comparing these foods to what I should be eating, I think I am doing all right. I do realize though, that I tend to go for bread like foods such as rice, Cheap Designer Watches, and crackers. This tells me that I need much more variety in my diet. The meal in which I usually end up eating most of these foods is dinner time. The reason in which I think I eat the most then is the fact that I am too busy running from sports and school to worry about taking a break for a healthy snack. Obviously, eating would not seem to be the top priority in my daily routine. When I do get home at night, which is usually after 8 o'clock, my family will have supper prepared. Depending on how we feel, we will sometimes eat at the kitchen table. If someone is not home example, my mom, my dad and I will order Chinese and watch TV together. If both my mom and dad are home, we usually eat at the dinner table. its one of her favorite things to do. My dad is laid back most of the time and sits there taking his time through his meal whereas I keep going and going trying to finish the meal. One particular thing that we have when we eat in the kitchen is that most of our meals are also homemade. The only times we eat out are on Fridays and Saturdays when no one really feels like cooking. There are also other moments in which we eat at the table, for example , if a family member is visiting. Every time my aunt and uncle come for dinner we gather around the table and eat our meal together. After dessert, we all take up a game which is usually sheepshead or Apples to Apples. Other times that are also different than our usual eating pattern are special celebrations such as birthdays and holidays. Particularly, the holiday of Thanksgiving (November) is basically dedicated to the celebration of food. When the pilgrims came to America, the Native Americans kindly decided to share their over abundance of food from the harvest with them thus starting the long withheld tradition of Thanksgiving. Food that is represented by this holiday consists of a nice roast turkey/duck, creamy mashed potatoes with a dollop of butter, fresh steamed corn, stuffing, green bean casserole, canned cranberries, yams, and my favorite, fresh apple or pumpkin pie! To this day, the meaning of this traditional holiday is to be thankful for what you have. Two other holidays that people celebrate with food are the Christian holidays of Easter (March/April) and Christmas (December). For celebrating Easter, some people will have ham/lamb, dyed boiled Fake Cartier Watches and a rice crispy lamb. Some foods served at Christmas are cookies (spritz), fruit cake, candy canes, and depending on what meat you want, some people have turkey. My family prefers to eat steak or a nice juicy cut piece of prime rib during Christmas. Both holidays are in celebration of Jesus Christ, his birth and resurrection. Overall, I immensely enjoy all the different types of food that are special to the different times of the year.

Yeah, you shouldn't be eating cheap designer watches.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Hahaha what the fuck

this needs to be archived

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

thanksgiving is in honour of the native American cheap designer watch harvest

No, Easter is all about the dyed fake Cartier watches. It's a wonderful celebration.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

It's worrying that this reads like all the experimental literature I've been delving into lately.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

rice crispy lamb?

Quote Originally Posted by tomhuadyg View Post
    My dad is laid back most of the time and sits there taking his time through his meal whereas I keep going and going trying to finish the meal.
    tomhuadyg keeps going and going ;]

I want to see more Cyber English units, actually.
    Originally made by LM:

Doritos are the shit. Dragonite's Avatar

Uh, yum, cheap designer watches?

~I am best pony~