-improve my french chops to the point that i can read literature
    -replenish my wardrobe
    -review classical physics
    -cook more
    -hit the gym regularly
    -go hiking/camping
    -consume psychedelics
    -meet interesting people

the gym thing is what i anticipate having the most trouble with. im not averse to physical activity in general but ive never managed to get into a physical lifestyle. if i accomplish 70% of the things on that list though i will be fairly satisfied.

- do research
    - read a lot
    - take every opportunity to travel
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

If you plan on hitting the gym regularly, make sure you look up a good beginning routine, and make sure you know how you should be adjusting your diet (like you're not going to get bigger unless you start eating way more than you usually do) and ABSOLUTELY MAKE SURE you are doing your exercises with proper form. Most gym goers are friendly people and particularly passionate about getting fit, so don't be afraid to ask them for help. In my gym, it doesn't matter how big or small you are, you will be respected and treated as an equal so long as you work hard. Nobody wants to see anyone get injured, and you can't make any progress whatsoever if you aren't lifting right, so please do not be afraid to ask someone to show you how to so certain things. I know there are instructional Youtube videos but sometimes they're not enough, and sometimes they're wrong.

Head over to 4chan's /fit/ section and read the links in the sticky. There's a lot of trolls on 4chan but the wiki is top notch for someone starting out. Then might I suggest setting /fit/ and bodybuilding.com/forums as your joint home pages, they can be quite motivating when you need it.

Good luck, the beginning is always the hardest because of the severe discipline and attitude change necessary for it, but nothing feels better than knowing you're improving yourself and your life.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

Meanwhile my plans for the summer include:

- reading a ton of novels, alternating between all things classic, postmodern, and those recommended to me based on the idea and themes of the novel I'm writing.

- finish my novel. This is number one on the priority list.

- keep going to the gym, start on protein supplements

- you know that LCD soundsystem song where James Murphy sings 'you spent the last five years trying to get with the plan, and the next five years trying to be with your friends again'? This is becoming truer and true for me; I plan on catching up with all my friends from secondary school who I left out in the cold when I started university.

- record a bunch of acoustic demos with my cousin, then send them off to a few friends and see if they want to help me turn it into a proper band project

- make money to fund the above projects. I have a job so it's not too bad.

- maybe go on holiday with my friends? Still undecided.

- maybe get a girlfriend? I'm getting sorta tired of getting with really really ridiculously good looking girls all the time and freezing them out. I think second year would be a good time to settle down with someone.

I lost 35+ pounds and I never had a personality change at all...

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

my plan this summer is to read, to backpack across the UK and visit all the cool Neolithic sites we have here, and pretty much just to chill, though I guess I should have enrolled myself in some kind of internship. Oh well (!)(?)

i bought war and peace 3 weeks ago and am only 160 pages in. i just havent felt like reading. im ashamed.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    my plan this summer is to read, to backpack across the UK and visit all the cool Neolithic sites we have here, and pretty much just to chill, though I guess I should have enrolled myself in some kind of internship. Oh well (!)(?)
    Dude, lets do this. I'm going to Stonehenge on July 1st.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

By the way, Qoorl, God and I wanna come down to see you guys again this summer.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    Dude, lets do this. I'm going to Stonehenge on July 1st.
    That's cool. We could meet up there if you like

Yes that would be sick. I have my ticket and anything. 31 fucking pounds for the whole tour and shit. haha

Well fellows, how are our resolutions going so far? I've been going to the gym every second day and my whey protein is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have to take a slight break from the gym because I got cosmetic surgery last Tuesday. My novel reading thing is going okay, I picked up Gravity's Rainbow and made it thirty pages and all I could think was, what the fuck?
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

...you got plastic surgery?

Only minor mole removal. Somehow covered by health insurance.

On track with the resolutions. This summer is pretty awesome.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

Registered Users Regular

Mine's pretty dull thus far, I'll be working so there's no time for any proper resolutions, all I'm really doing besides that is telling people I got high when I really didn't, and possibly going to Salisbury to see my girlfriend, but the way money is that's unlikely.

I'm making headway into 50% of the things on my list. As anticipated, going to the gym remains the hardest to accomplish.

My plans include
    -Starting a manga collection. (Zatch Bell, Rave Master, Zombie Powder, Attack on Titan and Hunter X Hunter.)
    -Improving unicycling skills
    -Finish reading my backlog of books
    -Complete a couple of games I have in my backlog.
    - Finding a better job
    -Improve Tennis skills

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

Work all summer and make money

^ That sounds like a very good plan! Wish I could do that.
    Originally made by LM:

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

No kidding

Trust me it's a pretty cool gig since I have like no bills, I'm saving all my money I earn. And all of my college is paid for so I don't have to to worry about either.

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Mine is probably:
    -Read some new novels
    -Reread Inheritance Cycle
    -GOD, GIVE ME 'A WIND OF WINTER' ALREADY
    -Repractice piano. I haven't played one for years
    -Hit the gym......regularly(?)
    -Take a driving license. Been procrastinating this one for 2 years-ish
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

And @hero: You do unicycle?! That sounds cool
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

I didn't really like the Inheritance cycle... maybe because I was reading one of the ASOIAF books at the same time, and it just compared poorly.

Anyway, I've done some really fun stuff this summer! Drove an ATV for the first time ever, steered a motorboat and learned how to fish... These are some pretty good times. I should really post more on PD though, I haven't in a while, and I kind of miss it.
    Originally made by LM:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast