Thread: Uhhhhh.......I dont get it.

Calissa

Default Uhhhhh.......I dont get it.

Ok...I know im going to get flamed for this but here goes.....

I dont get it? I have never watched Pokemon, never played Pokemon in my entire life. Got Pokemon Pearl at the store....wanted to see what all the fuss was about. So far....i have 6 pokemon....all around level 4-14....ive traveled a tiny bit...fished...etc. I dont get it!!!!! What is the draw of this game? The battles are the same every time....the graphics lame......and ive yet to lose a challenge. Does this ever become challenging? Do you ever lose? What is the point of this game What level do pokemon get to?

It would be fun if the battles were hard...but so far....one or two casts...and the foe is dead. Does this game get better or is this it?

As Hicky once said: a way of life.

Pokemon Trainer Matt

It's all a matter of opinion. Some like Pokemon, some don't.
    If I may ask: Why did you join the board if you don't like Pokemon?

Calissa

Just the infantile replies I expected. I joined because I wanted a real answer about the draw of the game. I joined because I had HOPED someone would actually intelligently reply to my questions. =)

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I think the draw is the fact that there is new pokemon now and the fact that people have grown up with it and are still addicted to it.

HERO

Quote Originally Posted by Calissa View Post
    Ok...I know im going to get flamed for this but here goes.....

I dont get it? I have never watched Pokemon, never played Pokemon in my entire life. Got Pokemon Pearl at the store....wanted to see what all the fuss was about. So far....i have 6 pokemon....all around level 4-14....ive traveled a tiny bit...fished...etc. I dont get it!!!!! What is the draw of this game? The battles are the same every time....the graphics lame......and ive yet to lose a challenge. Does this ever become challenging? Do you ever lose? What is the point of this game What level do pokemon get to?

It would be fun if the battles were hard...but so far....one or two casts...and the foe is dead. Does this game get better or is this it?
    Your really not that far inside the game and haven't been battling online yet. That when the real battles come in and test your skills. If you have wifi I could battle you if you want.

For me I play Pokemon for the stroyline and the online battles to have fun.

it gets harder. they all do. at the beginning its super easy.

Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar

People like you....Errr!

It is easy in the begining...You get hooked...Then WAM!...instant hardness...kinda...
    You need to play your game more...ALOT MORE!

I am in Victory road...before the Elite Four...It gets harder trust me...
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

*withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

Calissa

Cool. I was never here to "hate on" Pokemon. I just wanted to know if it got better and more challenging. Like I said, I have never seen Pokemon on TV or played any of the games until now. The game is cute and fun...exploring etc...just wanted to know if it ever got challenging is all.
    Thank you to those that actually answered my questions. =) Look forward to playing it more now that I know it gets harder and more in depth.

HERO

If you have any trouble with the game PM me.

awsome_dude14

well it gets hard from the sixth gym leader on. and there is more to the game then that you have to catch pokemon trade pokemon evolve pokemon and find pokemon. theres alot more to the game than the main storyline thats what i love about pokemon games

Quote Originally Posted by Calissa View Post
    What is the draw of this game?
    The catching aspect and the replayability factor.
    The battles are the same every time
    Battles are the same in every type of game, be it RPG, FPS, RTS - you attack enemy, enemy attacks back, rinse and repeat. What were you expecting?
    the graphics lame
    I guess it's all subjective.
    Does this ever become challenging?
    Towards the end of the game the trainers become alot tougher, but the Pokemon series have never really been difficult games. Most likely because they were designed to cater to younger audiences.
    Do you ever lose?
    When the opponent beats you.
    What is the point of this game
    To collect and train every Pokemon available and to complete the Pokedex device.
    What level do pokemon get to?
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Calissa i just hope that you can like the game like we all do. Like pichobro said alot of people have grown with pokemon. for myself i have played it since i was four. It just hooks you up.

Sharingan

Pikatwo, you just owned all of us.

Koiji

Well, i'm a pokemon fan since 14 and have been it since now. When a pokemon rpg comes to my mind, the 1st word is stretagy. You will need to arrange each and every of your pokemon move pool to utilize and bring its potential out. Many of them has different move types, combining them works. After that, you might want look at how you form the team. Each pokemon has a weakness and like us, they need each other for help and support. So think wisely in forming the team.

These are just the basics. After that, you might want to learn about baby moves, or egg moves, those of which pokemon can only learn through breeding. Some of these skills are essential and important.

Lastly, each pokemon can learn through battle, what i mean is not the fix exp and status increase like most RPG. Say if your pokemon usually battles with foes with high speed. Your pokemons actually gain experience on that aspect and would gain more stats on its speed. A more technical term would be EVs.

Yap, and actually, the REAL pokemon game has just started after you beat the elite 4. Whats before that is just a little beginner's taste of whats its like. The challenge kicks in only when you are playing wifi.

And here, is only one part of the pokemon game, i have not mention items, mining, contest and catching skills.