Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 95's 12 year birthday

Hybrid View

Default Windows 98's 9th year birthday

happy birthday windows 98

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

you mean the glitchy bitches that invade half of the world's computers?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Latios View Post
    you mean the glitchy bitches that invade half of the world's computers?
    hey respect your elders!

DSX

Bunch of shit both of them.

Vaporeon0.3

It was awesome and you know it. It made the 90's ruleeee. : D

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

I remember playing Math Blaster as a four-year-old on my Windows 95. Good times, good times.

Joynice Kanellis

I remember when I used to use Windows 95 from 1997 to 2001, this is where the Blue Screen of Death kept going through the Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows ME days. Bad memories, but Windows 95 and 98 are obsolete these days. I still remember the old ZZT days on the AOL File Library way back in 1997 as well.

Vaporeon0.3

Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walrus View Post
    I remember playing Math Blaster as a four-year-old on my Windows 95. Good times, good times.
    And Jumpstart Pre-School for me too, along with math Blaster AND Reading Blaster.

blue screen of death? isn't that when it told you it had a fatal error and needed to reboot? I get that screen all the time on my 98

there was a READING BLASTER? oh man that sounds like an amazing game. I had no idea it existed. Dammit, I want that game.

Did you have Math Blaster: In Search of Spot? That's the version I had. There was this evil green alien man who stole Spot from the Math Blaster guy. So the M.B. guy got mad and so he went on his ship, except he couldn't go anywhere because all of his gas was gone. So you had to shoot the flying pieces of garbage to gain gas for your spaceship, and do some math problems in between. Once you got enough gas, you went to the planet the evil green alien man was on, and you had to go through these caves where there were math equations. M.B. had to wear the right number on his back or the math equations would shoot him and he'd fall. Once you got through that, you had to fight against the evil green alien man's spaceship by solving math equations. Once you solved a couple math equations, the evil green alien man's spaceship would blow up, and Spot would come flying out.

Then the game would present you with a certificate you could print out that said '[Insert Name Here] is a Math Blaster Champion and saved Spot!' (Or something like that.)

I miss that game...

Vaporeon0.3

Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walrus View Post
    there was a READING BLASTER? oh man that sounds like an amazing game. I had no idea it existed. Dammit, I want that game.

Did you have Math Blaster: In Search of Spot? That's the version I had. There was this evil green alien man who stole Spot from the Math Blaster guy. So the M.B. guy got mad and so he went on his ship, except he couldn't go anywhere because all of his gas was gone. So you had to shoot the flying pieces of garbage to gain gas for your spaceship, and do some math problems in between. Once you got enough gas, you went to the planet the evil green alien man was on, and you had to go through these caves where there were math equations. M.B. had to wear the right number on his back or the math equations would shoot him and he'd fall. Once you got through that, you had to fight against the evil green alien man's spaceship by solving math equations. Once you solved a couple math equations, the evil green alien man's spaceship would blow up, and Spot would come flying out.

Then the game would present you with a certificate you could print out that said '[Insert Name Here] is a Math Blaster Champion and saved Spot!' (Or something like that.)

I miss that game...

Good times, good times.

awwwwww

did anyone have the magic school bus game where you went inside Arnold's body? My god it was such a weird game. You could go into Arnold's intestines and shoot the poop floating by and it would explode...

I have the book!

My friend has the one where you go back to prehistory and play a lot of games with dinosaurs...

For my part though, I played an old '95 Mac when I was little, and I had At Ease with a crapload of games (illegal of course ^-^), and even had Coleco Vision ROMs. I remember some of that games; Bubble Trouble, Step On It! DEMO, Bachman, and a few various other games were my favourites. Good times indeed :3

i always liuked the cluefinders series.

Never heard of it. What is it?

My sister had a barbie game where you could see barbie naked except for her underwear and bra, and then you could dress her and she'd go walking down the aisle. It was a really weird game. I liked seeing Barbie nearly naked though.

my sister has a lot of naked barbies 8-)

cluefinder was an amazing series. it was like zelda for little kids.

that what i said.

Bullshit

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Dude i was stuck with a 98 in 04. upgraded to * drumroll* 2000 a year ago

haha mathblaster, i barely remember it but i loved it so much back then.
    my games were Pajama sams, put put, freddy the fish, lego island, and there was this weird crayola paint game i was addicted to, it was like microsoft paint, but as you drew, this annoying song played continuously like one of those pokemon gameboy songs, and everything i used- paintbrushes, pencils, flood-in painbuckets etc, they had sound effects that played over and over until you quit using that tool. So as you painted all you heard was " PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH" until you let go of the mouse. It would be annoying for you now, but at the time, it made you pee your whitie tighties.

I played this game called "Fine Artist." It was kind of like what you described.

I have a program that does that, called "Tux Paint" but I d/led it more for my sister than myself

It has cool effects though, the rainbow, blur and drip thingies can make awesome drawings and the stamps can be used for a lot of funny scenes

Buckweat

i still use a windows 98 on occasion. i played a game with a rabbit that was a damn lot of fun back when i was 6

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Anybody play KidPix? another art game, but this one had a few great glitches that everyone loved back in elementary. one of them you could use the dynamite stick which spiral on the screen and then fades out, but if you hold ctrl, it keeps going. I don't know what was so amusing about it, i mean its a black and white spiral that gives kids seizures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast