Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaws of Darkness (Jawsome)

Kardossino

Default Jaws of Darkness (Jawsome)

OOC: Lately, I'm beggining to realize that over half of my posts on PD were in RPs. This is an RP I was going to make on the proboards PD but changed my mind when I heard of the migration

THE STORY

In a lost age, in a universe not known to us, the universe was but a single planet, with islands ranging from ones that are the basic image of a deserted island to continents teeming with life. Strange creatures romaed the lands, and many were intelligent and recruited into armies The order enforcers of the universe, the Commandos, traveled by boat and kept the world in order... or at least they thought.

In this universe, an organization called The Order of the Shadowed Ones was the main cause of trouble. The Order was a large group of theives, Bounty Hunters, and Rouges, all with unique abilities. Drawn from even the far edges of the universe, they would take jobs for reward, regardless of the risk it imposed to them. Led by Dannik Jerriko, otherwise known as The Shadowed One, the Order gathered members from everywhere known and after much time, the Order believed that they had all of the members they would need to conquer the universe and launched all-out attacks to try and conquer as many islands as they could, hoping they would conquer enough to take the universe as their own. But there were complications...

Another organization, The Brotherhood of Darkness, which wasd an elite organization of beings of a... unique type of species. The members of the Brotherhood were...well.. you could say they had powers of great imangining, and you could call them sorcerers. Led by the mysteriousbeing only known as Kaan, they were working toward the same goal as the Order (Domination of the Universe), but in a more, subtle, quiet, and complex way. When they discovered the all-out attack made by the Order, they declared war, thinking that it would be a simple matter to eradicate the Order. But, once more, there were complications...

A massive earthquake had rocked the universe, and that had sent it into chaos. Entire continents had been ripped apart by the tremors, others had simply seperated from one another. Others still were raveged to the point of where nobody in their right mind would live there. The Brotherhood's attempts to conquer areas with their army of Ice Sharks, amphibious, intelligent creatures, had resulted in that army being disbanded and ending up who knows where. To make matters even more complicated, The Commandos had awoken to the threat and were lating seige to fortresses of both organizations

Nevertheless, The Order has still managed to get the better end of this three-way war. With all of the chaos ging on, they were still able to take more job requests and all of the jobs met with success. Many beings have tried to stop the war, and others have taken cover in their home islands

Now it's your turn. Who will you side with? What are you going to do to end this war in favor of your side?
    Islands

There are many islands in this strange universe, but only three that you need to know of

Ygziir- The island base of the Order. One little factor of the Order is that they have tried to keep the location of their island base secret from any being not a member of the Order, so they knock out anyone who they are bringing to the island if they are not a member

Kalkar- The main island of the Brotherhood. This island is a massive fortress, basically. Many members of the Brotherhood have put a spell on it so that anyone not of their group who gets near it will not see it.

Rhysode- The main base of the Commandos. This island is a small city, all in all, and is also a utopia for any refugee whose island has been conquered or destroyed

Rules

You are either a member of one of the Three Organizations (The Brotherhood, the Order, or the Commandos), or you are a refugee
    This is a war RP, so there can be gore, but try not to go overboard on it
    As in all RPs, no killing another persons character, and you can't be all powerful (even if you are a member of the Brotherhood)
    Since I am leading this RP, I am going to be bothe the leader of the Order and the leader of the Comandos
    Nobody is going to be the leader of the Brotherhood

Here's the profile criteria

Name:
    Role in Story: (Commando, Brotherhood member, member of the Order, or a refugee)
    Codename*this is only if you are a member of the Order. Try and have it realte to your powers*:
    Powers*They can be anything within reason. Post what you think is good and I'll approve of it*:
    Personality:
    History*three lines or more*:
    Apperance:
    Weapons:

Kathuloo of Duckshire

Exclamation

Name:Katrix Dexchuzz
    Role in Story:The Order
    Codename:Wrathmaker
    Power: Able to call upon the powers of fire and lightning
    Personality: Mysterious ruthful and if he says " I swear to kill you (insert name hear) with all my will" then ouce he sees that person, he goes on a Blood Wrath and can't tell freind from foe wich is a really creepy ste to see.
    History: He grew up on Kalkar and expected to become a part of the brotherhood until the Order came for a suprise attack a took him with them where he was raised, and became well know amongst the order and soon made it to the higher ranking points. Now he is prepared to destroy both the brotherhood and the commandos.
    Apperance:
    Weapons: and a scepter with a dragon head carving at the top.

p.s. is it ok if i'm in second or third command?

Kardossino

OOC: I'm sorry to say no. This RP is for Semi-Literates and Literates only.

Kathuloo of Duckshire

Kardossino

Quote Originally Posted by Kathuloo of Duckshire View Post

Let me rephrase that. You aren't accepted because this RP is only for those who have been members for a long time and/or are good Rpers.

Kathuloo of Duckshire

you havent been hear that long either.

Kardossino

Quote Originally Posted by Kardossino View Post
    Let me rephrase that. You aren't accepted because this RP is only for those who have been members for a long time and/or are good Rpers.
    you didn't read the post enough

A magical adventure Brave Auron's Avatar
    I am Pantl, a robot deployed by Atlantis to kill Ghouls with my status gun

Im going for a wierd distorted character.
    Name: Real is unknown
    Role in Story: Double agent, Order and Commando
    Codename:The Misfit
    Powers: Can pass through objects and become invisible. His oddest power is his ability to "warp" people. By touching someone, he can pulland twist their features and limbd until they are a distorted mess of flesh and torture.
    Personality:Cruel, not shy but speaks rarely. His voice is a odd whine, or sometimes a raspy rattle. His is very mysterious, and also scary. Very egoistic.
    History*three lines or more*: No one knows who The Misfit is. He appeared one day at the Order, saying he wanted the job. He proved extremely effective at it, so no one asked questions. SOme say he his the Crimson Ghost from hell. Others say he his the spirit of the dead from the war. No one knows.
    Apperance:
    Wears a black sweatshirt and black pants, his face his usualy hard to see.
    Weapons:Sometimes uses prayer beads, which with he prays, then turns them into a scythe or strangles someone from behind.

JOCKO HOMO

Kardossino

OOC: accepted. Nice Profile, by the way.

Here's the profile of one of my characters, the leader of the Commandos

Name: Jorj Car'das
    Role in Story: Leader of the Commandos
    Powers: Photographic reflexes. Able to copy any skill he sees, perfectly, and without any practice, warhammers can generate a devastating wave of heat energy whenever swung
    Personality: Brave, a good leader, wise
    History*three lines or more*: Jorj's family was killed in one of the first ever attacks made by the Order of the Shadowed Ones. This was before the Organization made their all-out attacks, and there were few in the known universe who wanted to defeat the Order. Jorj decided to change that. Traveling on his boat Victor's Pride he found the beings in the universe who were brave enough to stand up to the Order. Along the way, Jorj discovered his powers- photographic reflexes- although he doesn't use them often, preferring to use his powers over heat. Years later, he leads hundreds of Commandos throughout the universe, keeping the peace as intact as they can. With the three-way war going on, Jorj has found little time for rest
    Apperance:
    Weapons: two warhammers. basically, they are flails but with a heavy iron hammer instead of a spiked ball.

Thanks. May I have two characters?

JOCKO HOMO

ShadowUmbreon

Here's my info. tell me if i need to change anything. Since i don't know what normal people wear or what refugees would wear i'm just going to have her wear something sort of simple.

Name: Keira (I'm just going to state this, I don't like last names, because they are hard to think up) Silvitokor

Role in Story: Refugee

Powers*They can be anything within reason. Post what you think is good and I'll approve of it*: Her family has always had the power to shape shift into different creatures. Her shape is that of what we'd call a wolf, only larger and more elegant shaped. In this form, she also can grow wings, and sometimes she can grow the wings even in her human form. Unlike most of her family, she has also inherited the ability to shift into a different form, and that is of a sleek jungle cat that can either breath underwater, or above water. Each of her forms takes on her hair color.

Personality: Kind, but at times withdrawn. She does not trust very many, but she'll give them a try with her trust, and if it is broken, she'll never forgive. Even though she's been through a lot, she still has some humor. Other than that, you'll see how she acts.

History*three lines or more*: She use to have an older brother named Damian, he could shape shift into a big black bird, but he joined up with one of the three fighting organizations, though never said which one. She has never heard hide or hair from him, and even though she's set a goal to search for him, she thinks he might already be dead. Her dad left them, after learning of their family history with the shape shifting, and he learned only by accident, because his wife, Tufala, knew he could never accept who they were, but loved him to much to lose him. Keira was about 9 at the time, and her older brother at this time was 15, but he had a different father, who died out at sea. After her father left, her mother was crushed, having lost two husbands she had both loved dearly, and spiraled down from there. Keira's brother, promising to return, left to join one of the organizations, but he never did say which one. Now it was only her and her half-crazed mom who were left to fend for themselves. Then the great disaster happens, and while Keira was out hunting for food, her mother was inside the house when it collapsed on her, leaving Keira all alone by herself. Now she was truly alone, and salvaging a few supplies from the collapsed house, she starts traveling until she comes upon the island called Rhysode, where other refugees have come. Now sometimes at night, she transforms into one of her forms, and wanders the street in search of what ever she can find. She's caused a story going around about the ghost that wanders aimlessly down the streets, and each time it is told, it becomes more elaborate.

Apperance:

(I'm just going to use this picture and not find anymore white haired ladies.) She looks exactly like the picture, except there isn't any tattoo.

Weapons: She of course has claws and sharp teeth, depending on her form. In human, she's learned to use bow and arrows for hunting and now she hardly misses. In close combat, since she now lives on the street, she has a slender though slightly long knife, that could almost be called a short sword. She also has two hidden knives, as a back up if she somehow cannot get her long knife.

Kardossino

OOC: Accepted. I'll post my other profile when one more person joins. I am also going to add two more notes

1. In this universe, one year equals a hundred human years.
    2. I may have to do some minor P.P. For example, my character may say, "Send so-and-so (a person controlled by a member of the RP) to this island" Just a little heads up, and I won't try to make a habit of it.

May I make two characters please?

JOCKO HOMO

Kardossino

OOC: sure

Name: Onix Goldbane
    Role in Story: Commando
    Codename:None
    Powers: Super strength and extreme endurance.
    Personalityrideful and egoistic, loves to drink and party. But when in battle, can be fierce and unforgiving. Has a large, deep voice.
    History: Onix was born into a mighty warrior family, the Goldbane Knights. At a young age, he began his training to become a Goldbane Knight like his father, and his grandfather, and so on. After 16 grueling years of swordplay, space travel, boat travel, armoring, and many other talents, he finally gained the golden armor of the Knighthood. He bears this title proudly, and wishes to slay evil wherever it rears it's ugly, putride head.
    Apperance:
    Weapons: His axe(named Mitilda after a nun who taught Onix. The axe has almost lived to be as tough as her) and a golden sword, called the Saberbane. Also uses his gauntlets and flailes.

JOCKO HOMO

Kardossino

OOC: accpeted if you take out space travel. Here's my other profile

Name: Dannik Jerriko
    Role in Story: leader of the Order
    Codename: The Shadowed One
    Powers: Able to melt into shadows and emerge wherever he chooses, so long that there is a shadow to emerge from. Shadows cling to him anyhow, can transfer a colorless, odorless, and tasteless venom by touch
    Personality: a tactical genius, manipulative
    History: Dannik originaly came from an island of ice and darkness, one that wasn't guarded by Commandos, and, ironic enough, was treacherous with storms and monsters. When the Brotherhood of Darkness was first created, a native of his homeland rebelled against the laws to make a new life for himself. He became a bounty hunter of sorts, and, within time, transformed the peaceful society into a divided land led by warlords. That native hired himself out to whoever made the best offer, and would switch sides in an instant if he got a better offer. Dannik encountered the being and agreed with the wisdom of his actions. That was what started the idea of the Order,and, centuries later, he now leads hundreds of operatives throughout the known universe
    Apperance:
    Weapons: broadswords, razor disks and asssasin's knives, often stained with venom.

we'll start when one more person joins
    Last edited by Kardossino; 01-08-2007 at 06:17 PM.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Am I too late to join? It seems not.
    I must ask if there are different races? Can I make up my own?

Kardossino

OOC: Answering your questions in order:

1. No, it's not too late to join
    2. There Are various species in the universe, but it isn't anything major, so you can make up your own. It's not profile criteria though.

Okay, I've decided to make my own character. He is the last of the Shadowed, a cursed race of long life. They were born as skilled with the sword, and when practiced can almost never be defeated. They were killed by the Commandos because they were feared and evil. One or two could take on an entire division of men in an army and win.

Name: Dravis
    Role in Story:Brotherhood Member, Kaan's First in command.
    Powers: Powerful swordsmanship and slight mind reading.
    Personality: You will usually see Dravis with a smirk on his face, as his mouth is the only part of his face visible, his hood covers the rest. He will usually stay calm and emits a feel of power.
    History: Dravis was born of nobility and was the heir to the throne of the Shadowed. He grew up in a palace and practiced in swordsmanship and breaking into minds, a power shared by his people.He was 18 when the commandos broke into his palace. Instead of using close combat they sent balls of fire soaring through the air. Even the Shadowed were defensless. Dravis never revealed how he survived, but once the Commandos left he swore an oath against them. Kaan found him and took him in. Dravis then became one of the most powerful brothers. He soon rose to power and became Kaan's righthand man.
    Apperance: (THe one leaning on the sword, obviously)
    Weapons: A sword that was crafted by the Shadowed, it never blunts or dents and is very light. He also has a small dagger that he keep in a satchel on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathuloo of Duckshire View Post
    you havent been hear that long either.
    He's from the old PD.

Exo, he does seem to be Semi-literate. Maybe we can let him join. The only way to tell if someone is [Insert RP Ranking] is to test them in an RP.

Kardossino

OOC: acecepted. It makes no difference about KoD. He Pmed me saying he was leaving PD forever

I dunno why I put space travel, lets start!!!!!!!!!!!

JOCKO HOMO

Kardossino

OOC: Yes, let's. I'm starting at Jorj's view. One last note. Instead of one year in this niverse equaling 100 years on earth, it's one year equals 1000 human years, yet the people of this universe see it otherwise, as if they were on the earth's retrospect

IC: My second in command, Qennto, and I were on top of a ledge on a rocky island. An island where the waves crashed against the shores, threatinging to take the island down. I figured the island had maybe a century or so before the waves claimed it at last. We were here on scouting duty, attempting to find out any operations that the Order was planning here. We had gotten word that a group of members of the Order were heading up here, so my second-in command and I were to figure out their motives. We had arrived after a long time, but we hadn't seen anything yet. "That's what you get for heading to the island the moment you get the tip." I muttered.

ShadowUmbreon

IC: Walking down a busy crowded street, I listen for anything that could prove useful. As I pass a vendor, I hear him talking to one of the customers about The Wandering Ghost. Deciding to listen, I lean on the building near them, and pretend I was watching everyone, but in fact was just listening to them.

The vendor continues, "I heard it appeared again last night."
    "Oh? What happened this time?" The customer asks curiously.
    "Well, I've heard that something was taken from Troy's shop."
    "How would they know if a ghost took something?"
    The vendor was silent for a little bit, then replies, "Well I'm no expert, but they say there was a trace of some sort."
    Why do I always get blamed for anything weird happening? I mused that thought over in my head and continue to listen.

"I guess that could be true." Though the person did not sound all that convinced, but then starts his own story of what he heard. "Though, someone else told me that they heard a strange howl that sounded almost like a wail."

"Really?" I could tell that really hooked the vendor just from how he said it, but then I did cry out to the moon in my wolf form last night.
    Tears were ready to flow, as I thought again of my mom. Closing my eyes to stop the ready to fall tears, I continue listening as the customer continues, "Yes really. My wife told me that her friend's husband's best friend even went out into the night to check out the howl."

I imagined the vendor leaning closer hooked on the customer's every word. Opening my eyes and glancing over to them, I was right about my imagery, and seeing as this encouraged the customer, he continues his story. "Well, he saw this white thing streaking through the streets near his house, as it seems to quickly flow away."

Grinning and wondering what the vendor would say, I was not able to hear, since a hand grabs me from the alleyway, which I should have been smart enough not to stand next to one. This hand then yanks me into the darkness.

IC: Dravis looked across the blood-stained plain. People lay dead across it. He reached into his cloak and retrieved a cloth, with which he cleaned the blood of his sword. Something tugged at his feet. He turned around to see a man upon the ground. His face was red with blood and he looked delirious.

"Please," he wimpered, "Please, water." Dravis smirked and drove his sword through the man's head. Victorious again, Kaan will be pleased.

Dravis searched through the body's until he found their leader. He pulled off his collar and found a chain. Dravis pulled the chain off the mans neck and held it up. He looked down the chain's long silver links. He stopped at the bottom to see a locket. An emerald was encased on the outside. Dravis smiled wider. Very pleased.

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast