Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaws of Darkness (Jawsome)

Kardossino

IC: It was a trick. Adaptive was distracting us. He used the island as a cover, and Deep Freeze never knew the truth. We had lost a major lookout point, and it was all because of my ignorance and incompetence

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OoCo you mean the fort I just found.

Kardossino

OOC: No... I was talking about an island South of Rhysode. The one Gladiator and Amphibira were sent to attack.

OOC: Okay, but you did lose alot of outposts too.

IC: Dravis had set out again. Kaan had sent him on a mission to claim different forts, not just make one colony. Behind him, Dravis left two Apostrians and a battalion of soldiers. Once the colonies were made, the Apostrians would have the space to thrive again, and then they would rule the Universe as one! Dravis had realized the moment Kaan had told him this that there was no hope for the Shadowed though, because he was the last the last one left.

Dravis had soon reached another fort. This time there were a few remaining guards. The guards noticed them and became noticeably anxious. They ran down to the gates. Dravis smiled curtly and ordered the Apostrians to blast open the gate with a burst of fire. The gate was soon materialized into ashes. Dravis ordered the men to stay behind. He walked out onto land.

The opposing soldiers were so surprised of this that they did not have time to react. Dravis quickly slashed one's head off with a sword. The other soldiers came to their senses and charged. Dravis dodged and parried all their blows He stabbed one in the stomach, another in the head. He quickly finished them all of, except for one, who he kept for interrogating. Dravis smiled. No ordinary man can defeat a Shadowed, in either sword or magic.

Kardossino

OOC: Jerriko's view

IC: "we lost about three outposts in that last explosion, but that is insignificant compared to what we have gained. Dweller will be pleased. His theroy will work out quite nicely."

Mantax was giving me a status report on the useage of operations. I knew that the heart had been destroyed, but I didn't care. Dweller was even now sending me a message about how the work on the connecting tunnel was going.

"We can invade Rhysode after I have ensured the Brotherhood is... distracted, if you will. I want to wait until Dweller gives the OK, then we can gather our forces. In the meantime, we should try to hit some of the key points of the Universe areas." I pointed to ten various islands all marked on the fringes. Mantax frowned. "How are those the key, My Lord?" I smiled evily and said, "They are the key, Mantax, to taking away the Brotherhood's last chance at total victory."

IC: Dravis listened to Kaan's new assignment through the srcying-pot he had brought with him. He had taken about three or four forts. The rest he would take later. Right now, Kaan was sending him on a new mission.

"I want you to find the Frandal Stone," Kaan ordered, "You know as well as I do that the spell written on it it is indeed powerful. It is guarded by a Griffin on Bratal Island, in the South quarter. You must do this alone, as to remain inconspicuous."

Kaan's image wavered and faded from the pot. Dravis got up and went to the ship. He took out the life boat. He ordered the men and two Apostrians to keep the fort, then left swiftly, with only his sword and and some supplies. Dravis pointed his boat South. Getting to Bratal Island would take long, and magical energy from the heart was still wafting, so he could not summon wind without it drawing towards him and creating a typhoon of magic, and not even a Shadowed could do that. Dravis paddled away from the fort to his new mission.

Kardossino

IC: "As our scouts have reported, Dravis opened the locket using a power similar to the eyebeams of Swarm. However, in destroying the emerald, he sealed off some of the easier ways to open the locket's full potential. After that, there were three ways, and now there are two."

"The first of those three was to use the heart, but now that the heart is gone, the only options left are to use the pendent, which I have, crossing out that option, and narrowing the possibilities to one."

I poined at the easternmost of the ten marked islands on the map. "These islands are the Islands of the Keys. On each one, there is a unique stone archway, carved out with an even more unique pattern. When the Yo'Gand created the locket and the pendent, he had them created at the ten islands, thus making them sacred. The last remaining Yo'Gand realized that if the pendent and the heart were lost, and the emerald was destroyed, there needed to be another way to unlock its potential. He deliberately made the emerald destroyable, and the islands could be the answer to why he did so."

"Because of this, I have sent scouts to various ruins of the Yo'Gand to figure out a way to destroy the locket without actually getting near it, and I have found out how."

"The only way to get rid of the locket, or at least seal it up forver, is to take the pendent to each island and place it on each archway. Every time this happens, the locket loses some power and the pendent gains some. Not only that, it is iireversable, and the locket cannot do so to the pendent" I smiled evily. "Mantax, you, me, and many other members of the Order will be traveling to the islands and sealing up the locket, bit by bit. If we can do this to all ten archways, the locket will seal itself up forever, and become powerless."

I held up the pendent, and it seemed to make shadows even darker. "And then, Mantax, the Brotherhood will have lost the war."

A magical adventure Brave Auron's Avatar
    I am Pantl, a robot deployed by Atlantis to kill Ghouls with my status gun

OOC: Mr.Misfit

IC: Fools. All of them. Did they not know that there was not only one locket?

I got up from were I was sitting on the boat and looked at the message with Goldbane next to me. He shoved me away to get a closer look. I understood why he didn't trust me. I worked for no one.

I kpe thte heart in my hands, and decided to give The Brotherhood a visit. I ran off the side of the boat, holding the heart close, and head dived into the cool water. I turned and looked at them before I dived underwater.

"Bye bye Jorj and Goldbane. I will be seeing you later." I said mockingly, and began swimming very deep, before heading south.

OOC: Goldbane's view

IC: I wasn't shocked when that awful excuse for a man left us. Now I can talk to Jorj.

"Sir, I havn't made good use of myself so far, and I apoligize. Let me go first onto the island, and weaken Gladiator and the others. No doubt Angel is with them." I told him, my grip tensing on Mitilda. Was I....nervous? No, I couldn't be. I was a Goldbane!

JOCKO HOMO

Kardossino

OOC: Jorj's view

IC: I shook my head. "it's too late." I said, "the Order will have sent reinforcements by now, and by the time we arrive at the island, it will have become a stronghold for the Order."

A magical adventure Brave Auron's Avatar
    I am Pantl, a robot deployed by Atlantis to kill Ghouls with my status gun

IC: I frowned. "But Sir!" I argued. I had to make use of myself.

JOCKO HOMO

IC:As Dravis reached the island, he saw a Griffin flying over it. As his boat approached the island the Griffin sank lower. It stared at him with yellow glowiing eyes. Dravis came up with a plan quickly and commenced it.

"Hello, O mighty Griffin, I do not wish to harm you, I only seek the treasure within," Dravis shouted. The griffin cocked its head in curiosity. Dravis read his mind. What an idiot, he knows I won't let him through.

Dravis raised his sword and spoke, "You think me an idiot?" The Griffin looked at him with eyes widened. You can understand me?

"Of course I can, I am a Shadowed," Dravis proclaimed. A, a cursed one, a mind-reader. Welcome to my keep, were I have been assigned to until the human race fails and peace comes upon this world again.

"I know, but why do you do so?" Dravis questioned. My everlasting friendship with the last Yo'gand, Glartiel, forced me too. It was the last wish of his race and I still stay faithful.

Dravis was confused, wee did the Yo'gand come in with this? He spoke on to find out, "But I thought you were gaurding the Frandal Stone? Glartiel had nothing to do with it."

The Frandal Stone was destroyed I am here gaurding something of much more emmense value.

"What would that be?" Dravis asked, he was curious.

Well, I never promised to not tell anybody what was here. I am gaurding the Arch of the Pendant.

"What is the Arch of the Pendant?"

Well, Dark One, I know you know of the Locket of the Last Yo'gand, as every child knows. You must also know of the Pendant that opens it by now. There was also a secret way of making the pendant absorb the energy from far away. On ten islands all across the universe, there is an Arch. If the pendant visits each Arch, the locket will lose its power. This is the Arch of truth. Gaurded by me, obviously.

Dravis's eyes widened under his hood. "Were are the other ones, O Griffin?"

I won't tell you were they are, but I can give you their names:
    The Arch of Light- Gaurded by the Hydra
    The Arch of Hope- Gaurded by the Kraaken
    The Arch of Honor- Gaurded by the Cerebrus
    The Arch of Royalty- Gaurded by the Giant Bore
    The Arch of Power- Gaurded by the Basilisk
    The Arch of Wisdom- Gaurded by the Manticore
    The Arch of Wisdom- Gaurded by the Centaur
    The Arch of Life- Gaurded by the Minotaur
    And Finnaly, The Arch of Freedom- Gaurded by the Dragon

As the Griphin finnished Dravis thanked him and left towards Kalkar.

ShadowUmbreon

OOC: Well she might have part of her that is like angle's kind, but she is still human.

IC:
    As I arrived at the command station, another guard appears, and motions to the front guard. He strolls up to him, and they begin to whisper. By the time I remember to use my wolf hearing, they had finished their discussion, and he was walking back. He comes back, and motions for everyone to follow.

We continue on, moving through the building, until he opens a room with only a table, as well as a window looking out, though way up high. I am shoved into the room, and as I turn the leader hurriedly says, "Sorry, we have received some distressing news, and we shall be with you in a moment." And I hear the door being slammed as well as locked.

Whirling around, I slam my fist into the door, wincing from the pain. I have to get out of here, but then I hear faint voices. Shifting my ears to that of a wolf, I listen in.

"Something has happened to the outposts near here. Why?" A commanding female voice says.

"Miss, reports are coming in that some sort of wave has hit parts of some islands, but some of those islands have become taken over."

My eyes widen in shock, as I muse to myself, what could have caused all this to happen?

Their footsteps stop right in front of the room's door I was held in, and before I know it, the door is being opened. I stare into golden green eyes, which widen in partial shock. It took me that long to figure out that my wolf ears were still in place instead of my normal human ones. Mentally cursing, I start backing away as she takes a couple of steps towards me.

Swinging around, I sprint to the only opening I have left to get away, but before I know it, I am tackled to the ground, and my left arm becomes wrenched behind my back. Glancing to see who tackled me, it must be the person the lady was talking to. Giving a low growl, he easily lifts me up, and shoves me out into the hallway, and I become shoved into a cell room soon afterwards, where no windows were nor any chance of escape.

He was in the Commando's uniform, though I do not know what the uniform is since I did not know there was an organization named Commandos. Then the female walks into view. Her hair is pure black, and depending on the light it can appear slightly blue. She seems to be wearing an altered version of the uniform, but I could still tell that somehow they were the same.

She looks at me, and turning to the one that captured me, who at the time, I give a nice glare at, she says, "Send a message to our leader, and tell him, we have an unusual person, who at least can change her ears to that of an animals. I do not care where he is, but we need to know what to do with this…" she trails off from her demands trying to find a word, "Creature."
    I did not know, that during the scuffle with the man, my wolf ears had returned back to human ones. Flashing my teeth in annoyance, I growl slightly, and retreat to the corner of the cage, as they both walk away.

IC: Dravis stopped the boat because he realized he was being stupid. He took out a small scrying pot and reached Kaan. Kaan's face appeared staring at Dravis.

"Did you get the stone?" Kaan asked.

"No," Dravis replied, "But I've found something more important." Dravis recited what the Griffin had told him. Kaan rubbed his chin and thought for a second when Dravis finished, then he looked at Dravis.

"I have a new assignment then, you must find these arches and help the Guardians protect them. You can set manual traps or spells," Kaan said, "Oh, yes, and befriend the Guardians. They will become useful."

Kaan's face faded and Dravis looked back at the island. He whispered a few words and made the waves around it become higher and unruly. Any ship trying to get in there would have to have an excellent crew to get through. Dravis smiled One down, nine to go.

Kardossino

OOC: Jerriko's view

IC: "We're almost ready to depart" Mantax said, "Do you have any requests?" I frowned. "Yes... have Spellcaster ready to depart. I sense the Brotherhood is on to our plans. I want him here before we leave. Understood?"
    Mantax nodded, and went to retreive that particular member of the Order.

IC: Dravis took out a map. He tried to look for any place that would be ideal for an Arch. He looked until he spotted a small island. It was at the edge of the universe, and it had a reef surrounding it. A perfect spot to hide something. Dravis checked his location to it. His smile shrunk as he noticed an island in between. I might be able to go past it. This little island is my only lead. I'll go! I will get past Ygziir!

OOC:If you don't remember, Ygziir is the island of the Order.

Kardossino

OOC: I remember. I made the RP after all

IC: Spellcaster had arrived, and my boat, the Black Phoenix cast off, heading for an island that reportedly had been visited by Dravis. Seeing as I could make my lead there, we set off to that destination with our brightest and best.

On Ygziir, meanwhile, one of my most trusted operatives, Codenamed Firedracax, was in charge. With a good tactical mind, he could easily make sure nobody got near the home island.

As we approached the island, My lookouts reported that strong waves were surrounding the isle. I smiled. this is why I brought Spellcaster I thought, and called the member of the Order up.

OOC:Can the Griffin be my NPC?

IC: Dravis became apprehensive as he approached Ygziir. He let the wind down, so as not to alert the people inside, and paddled. He cast a Glimmer over himself, making him and his boat turn a greenish blue, so he could remain camouflaged against the water.

Dravis paddled slowly towards the island. He was almost in front of it. Dravis paddled a little faster, hoping noone would see his shadow.

Kardossino

OOC: no. I'm going to switch to Firedracax, who is an NPC

NPC: Firedracax spotted a small boat near the island. This was what Jerriko had warned him about. "fire the catapults!" he shouted

OOC: Jerriko

IC: When Spellcaster arrived at the deck, I pointed at the waves and said, "Reverse it." Spellcaster nodded, and began to chant

ICravis noticed the giant rocks coming and created a sheild around hiself. They harmlessly bounced off. Dravis looked up to see a man who wasn't Jerriko giving orders. It was Firedrax.

"You'll never kill me with those flimsy pebbles you call stones, Firedrax!" Dravis shouted, "You are a flimsy excuse for an intelligent being. Noone ca match a Sade in fighting or magic!"

Kardossino

OOC: Firedracax

NPC: I was surprised when that happened, but I merely gestured and said, "Amphibira..." and a blue blur rushed past me and jumped into the water.

IC: Dravis smiled at the blue spec falling into the water. He knew amphibira's weaknesses. He put his hands into the water ad summoned a ball of lightning. It spread through the water towards Amphibira.

Kardossino

NPC: Amphibira dodged the blast, and I smiled as he came up from under Dravis' boat

OOC: Jerriko

IC: Spellcaster had worked his magic, and the waves returned to their clamed state. I jumped onto the island, and was approached by a griffin. "What do you seek?" it rumbled. "I seek to use the Pendent of Shadows, to stop the Brotherhood." The beast charged without a word or warning. "Mezmerize!" I shouted, and a yellow-armored being jumped in front of the grifin, and locked eyes with it.

IC:"Tsk, Tsk," Dravis said, "Falling for such an easy trick." He summoned a small turning wind around himself, causing all the water to fly up in a typhoon and fall around farther away. Dravis was protected from his sheild, but he was sure Amphibira wasn't so lucky.

Kardossino

OOC: Now switching to Amphibira

NPC: "Fool" I whispered.

As easy as blinking, I shrugged off the typhoon. "Don't you know my origin?" I said, jumping down and delivering a blow with my spiny whip.

IC:"Of course I do, why do you think I would actually try too kill you with that?" Dravis said, an lifted up his sword. OIt was too late for Amphibira to stop himself from being impailed on Dravis's sword.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast