Thread: Just because I'm bored

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Default Just because I'm bored

I'm going to compair all the different dubs I've found of Naruto. And, now, watching a few of them, the English one isn't half bad.

{The list is in order of when I found them}

Naruto Episode 27 in Hebrew

I'm not a big fan of Hebrew, but I love that it sometimes sounds like people are saying English phrases such as "Oh! Shit!" and "Sandwhich!" The Naruto in this dub isn't too bad, and he pronunces 'kunai' better than the English Naruto.
    Naruto Episode 27 in Cantonese

I'm thinking this is a kind of Chinese. It was kinda boring to me until Sasuke said something along the lines of "Ching Chong" and the girl (I forgot her name) said something that sounded like: "You're so fat" around 7:00.
    Naruto Episode 27 in Spanish

I know I'm being biased here since I've always hated the language of Spanish but you have to agree that the voices are actually worse than the English dub. God, I hate Naruto's voice in this.
    Ep. 1 of Naruto in German

I warn you, the German dub sucks on many levels.
    Ep. 133 of Naruto in French

Hey, at least it's better than the German dub. Though... Why is the French dub farther than the English? ...
    Episode 3 in Russian

The Russian dub just bothers me. Naruto is very high-pitched, and the rolling of the R's is annoying.
    Ep. 1 in Polish

It's fine... The Hokage has a weird voice though...
    Ep. 109 in Korean

Oh God. Sasuke's voice is odd... Sakura sounds to old for her age.

I'm sure I've missed some lanuages, but this post still took me an hour.

In conclusion, the Japanese Naruto should and will be the only language I'll watch of Naruto. I really hate it how much certain dub are killing the anime coughgermandubcough. But I will watch the English dub occansionally since I can understand it and my TV has better graphics than Youtube.

The girls name is Anko
    -.---.----..

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Oh yeah...