Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Debate: President George W. Bush

LL2

Default Debate: President George W. Bush

What are your thoughts on our President?

Rules:

1. No nessecary comments.
    2. No SPAM.
    3. No posting pictures of me(This means you Vullmetal)

Rules strictly enforced
    Deleted two posts here already.

Anyway, this is a massively broad topic I've posted about tons of times. In short, he's absolutely terrible domestically, but decent foreignly. Better than Gore and Kerry, so yes he should have had these two terms.

LL2

Yes but look at how he handeled Katrina. Is that the sign of a good president.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Bush dose not do anything to help the environment. Rather, he puts all his power into teh economy.

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

I have mixed feelings about Bush. There are some areas that I look at and say, "What the hell?" But there are other things that I see and think, "Oh, good." Tim's right, it really is a bit too broad a topic... there are so many things about him to address.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Bush is a good president IMO, a look at a few GOOD things that happened during his term are the liberation of Iraq, the immense amount of hybrid cars and a huge shift towards cleaner and more reliable forms of energy, and the Playstation 2.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

Proof of the energy shift plz, and didn't we have electric only cars but they were taken off the market? I saw something on the science channel.

yeah cuz they sucked.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

Also, from hybrid-car-central.com:
    Toyota released the Toyota Prius, the first hybrid four-door sedan available in the United States.

Honda introduces the Honda Civic Hybrid. Honda Civic hybrid is the second commercially available hybrid gasoline-electric car. The appearance and drivability of the Civic is similar to the conventional Civic.

2004:
    Due to more demand for Hybrid cars modesls, Honda and Toyota increased production rates by about 20-30%. Toyota is selling more cars than they can produce and has stopped advertising. Other companies see the potential for Hybrid cars and SUVs. Ford releases the Escape Hybrid, the first American hybrid and the first SUV hybrid.

2005:
    Toyota released its newest Prius 2005. Toyota is going to produce its best selling car Toyota Camry hybrid in the late 2006. Saturn SUV from GM and Toyota highlander are expected in 2005.

Here I am with my empire

That's nice but how did the president do that? Being in office at the time doesn't make it so unless legislation or something goes through him supporting it. Also what cleaner energy is he supporting now when others were pushing for it years before?

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

I'm really tired of the George Bush debates. It's really up to a matter of opinion and I really don't like the people who just spit out their friends or parents' opinion about him without ever thinking about what they really think. I can say that because until a year or two ago I would parrot my parents' opinions without ever realizing what I actually believed.

I personally am not a fan of Bush, but I don't like to argue about it because I'm aware I'm not very on top of politics. In fact, I try to avoid politics, because it's just so mundane. I can at least pride myself that I don't start fights over it and at least acknowledge I don't know that much, as compared to a lot of people, who just say, "oh bush sucks because he's going there for oil." Those people know nothing more about politics than I do, so they should shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    Also what cleaner energy is he supporting now when others were pushing for it years before?
    He announced he would be searching and support alternate energy sources in the State of the Union.

and then came the liberal:

Bush may be one of the worst presidents our country has seen. Look at his approval ratings, look at the mess we got into with Iraq. Things are looking dreadful.

Even Tony Blaire, his top supporter in the war, is out the door. He's got this country into something that should have been finished with the capture of Osama Bin Laden, not the complex struggle of a liberation that isn't happening.

Of a liberation that isn't happening: Overthrowing the current government isn't a liberation?
    You can say that things haven't turned out well, but when people say "we didnt liberate" or "we're losing" I wonder what they define losing as. The mission objective was to get Saddam out of power, and we did that in a crushing defeat.

We're currently not in a War with Iraq. We're in an occupation.

You cite one thing that makes him a bad President - the War in Iraq, and assume that one issue makes him one of the worst presidents ever. If you can tell me what puts in him league with Harding, Johnson, all the Pre-Lincoln Civil War Presidents, Hoover, etc I'd be impressed.

Approval ratings don't count for much. Bush has been pretty firm and public on his positions and what he'll do as President, so when more than 50% of the voters voted him in, I don't know what they were expecting.

Considering the war has lasted longer then World War Two, I think it's pretty important

No it hasn't.

Where do people get these gross exaggerations about Iraq?

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

World War Two lasted from 1939 to 1945. The US entered war in December 1940 and ended it in August 1945. About 4 1/2 years. The Iraq War started March 20, 2003 and is still ongoing. 4 years.

It's not longer than WW2 as of now, but it will be eventually if it keeps its course. But honestly we're not really fighting the insurgents as much as the Iraqis are fighting themselves from what I see. However, the length of a war doesn't really mean anything.

Bush doesn't do as bad a job as eveyone makes im out to be. If you dont like him, too bad because the majority sure did when he was voted in.

Being voted in isn't any good arguing point.

why? tell me because he was voted in TWICE.

So were a lot of awful Presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    why? tell me because he was voted in TWICE.
    let's not recap on the Florida election of 2000. Bush didn't win back then, and he's not a winner now

LL2

You know what I hate. Bush doesn't care for the enviorment and/or Global warming. Instead, he puts his time on a stupid nonsense war that wouldn't have happened if a certian president wasn't elected. I think the Iraq war is a bunch of Bull shit. His father was a way better president then him.

Summarize George H. W. Bush's Presidency for me please, Little Leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    let's not recap on the Florida election of 2000.
    The Media announced Gore won the Florida vote based on faulty exit polls. They then retracted, and later announced Bush won. They then retracted and said it was too close to call. Through all this, Gore was close to conceding the race anyway, and had already called Bush himself to concede, but when he found out Bush won by only 500 votes, he called for a hand recount. There was really no conspiracy there.

The Ohio polls were the subject of conspiracy theories.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast