Thread: Back In Action

Default Back In Action

I'm finally out of school mode and back in PokeDream mode. Over the next three months, you can expect to see many improvements around the site, major updates, and maybe new sections. I will have the responsibility to refresh my knowledge on HTML, CSS, PHP (especially), and web design in general, for I have spent too long in school working with software languages such as Java and C (for those of you who know what I'm talking about). So, there is a ton of work on my part, but I will enjoy the work.

For the future, I plan on coming up with interesting web applications and more efficient ways of managing the site, perhaps making more use of databases and dynamically generated pages. I hope to use what I've learned about computers in the past school year to effectively bring Pokemon Dream to another level, to be able to provide top quality content and be able to compete with other top Pokemon sites at the same level. I assure you that good things are to come for this site.

For the moment, I've added new guides for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, thanks to the generous contributions of a few people. I've (unfortunately) just started on the walkthrough, so expect that up in a while...that's it for now.

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

Great! Good to see you.

I was wondering: Can we have a Books forum?? I know there are plenty of manga freaks here like myself, and leaving it as "Books" instead of specifying manga would be handy should anyone want to discuss a piece of literature that's not necessarily manga.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

What I'd really like to see is Hicky's factions idea taken into account.

Did you get a new server yet?

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

do the wiki.

after all, it IS the end of may

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    Did you get a new server yet?
    Had the new server (rather, upgraded server) for a while (2 months). ^_^

What's up again with that?

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

I've noticed it screws up much less than before :]

Mewtwo, please will you set up WikiMedia on this server?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    Mewtwo, please will you set up WikiMedia on this server?
    I'm really really sorry to disappoint you, but the WikiMedia is last on my priority list. Unless you can show me the urgency and the need for this to be installed ASAP, I shall defer its installation until I complete the Diamond/Pearl walkthrough and master PHP, all while working a full time job. Again, I'm sorry, but I have no choice -- as always, I'm extremely limited on time.

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

Aside from the book forum request...
    Can you do something about the system, whatever the hell is wrong with it?? The past few times I've been on, it's screwing up and saying "Database error"! It's really irritating me!
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
    I'm really really sorry to disappoint you, but the WikiMedia is last on my priority list. Unless you can show me the urgency and the need for this to be installed ASAP, I shall defer its installation until I complete the Diamond/Pearl walkthrough and master PHP, all while working a full time job. Again, I'm sorry, but I have no choice -- as always, I'm extremely limited on time.
    how long will it be

i am going to be extremely disappointed if this is not done mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    how long will it be

i am going to be extremely disappointed if this is not done mewtwo.
    If you can't show me strong evidence of the importance of a wiki (namely, who cares, and so what?), then it may be delayed several months. If I were to work on the wiki, it would be as if I'm ignoring the fact that my house is burning down and instead worrying about where I plan to live when I'm 90 years old. I just don't feel the urgency.

Strong evidence supporting the wiki: I want it, and I have the biggest penis in this thread.

How long should it take to set up? I mean, members would do all the editing on it, so I'm not sure how long it takes just to upload it to the server.

im excited for a wiki too.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Is it possible for someone else to build the Wiki, because I'm with Mewtwo on this one, we are having too many network downtimes and such.