Thread: Virginia tech massacre

LL2

Default Virginia tech massacre

Rules:
    Please no racism
    No SPAM and/or Negative comments.

Could ths horrible tragedy haave been pervented? How? What was the purpose of the killers massacre.

Talk here.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

I think the purpose of Cho's massacre was pretty obvious. The guy was psychotic, suffered from grandiosity, and was severely depressed. He thought people were out to get him so he struck back. It's called being insane.

And yeah, they probably could've prevented it if they actually had more evidence. But they didn't know he was homicidal and you can't hold a person in a mental hospital against their will unless they're a danger to themselves and others. That's why when he first landed in a psychiatric hospital, they had to let him go. However, the court ordered mandated counseling, and apparently he never did it. In this case, it's the government's fault for not enforcing the ruling.

But society can only do so much. A lot of kids act the way Cho did, and the majority of them will never go on to be a mass murderer. Most times you just can't tell which disturbed kill will do what. But in Cho's case, I think nobody looked for the signs, and the few people that did notice something was wrong couldn't really do anything about it. Why? Mental health laws protecting the rights of the individual.

It comes down to a simple point in my mind. The guy was psychotic, and even if people had reacted, they probably couldn't have done too much anyway, because of the mental health laws in our country.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Not really much for me to say on the subject, I never really took interest in it. I do think its ridiculous the way people who weren't personally invested in the incident behave like this is one of the worse tragedies the world has seen and expect sympathy from those outside of the country.

LL2

But whats his whole thing against "Rich people."?

Who knows. You know someone made a video game about the massacre?!? Knoiw that guy is crazy.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

The guy was abused as a kid by the rich kids in his class.

Also, the guy wrote on his arm, "Ebraham Axe", probably meaning Abraham's Axe when he smashed all the idols to prove to his father that they weren't divine beings.

LL2

He said something about: Being torched alive, Having throat slashed, and Having trash shoved down his throat.

awsome_dude14

this sounds horrible but if someone has the potential to kill or start a massacre of some kind just kill them they are of no use to this planet and wll only end up ruining lives

LL2

This teaches us a lesson. The limit only goes so far for a victim until they are driven mad.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awsome_dude14 View Post
    this sounds horrible but if someone has the potential to kill or start a massacre of some kind just kill them they are of no use to this planet and wll only end up ruining lives
    Everyone has the potential to kill, that doesn't render their impact on society useless at all. Judging someones worth solely by their contribution to society is too ridiculous a prospect for me to even begin to respond to rationally, so I'll pretend you didn't say that.

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

I do think it's kind of ridiculous the way everyone is acting like this is one of the worst things to ever happen in this country. It was terrible, sure, but they don't need to be yelling and having fits about it over a month later and still debating whether there could have been some way to prevent it. First of all, unless the killer specificly told someone that he was planning on doing something like this, or was hinting at it, there was no way to accurately say that yes, he was going to kill people. He was mentally insane, so that would be a problem, but just because someone's insane doesn't mean you know that they are going to kill. Also, on that subject, it's in the past, so you don't need to still be stressing over "how it could've been prevented".
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Still, it was partially the fault of the bullies. They were the ones that pushed him over the edge. What 'fun' they were having was very tramatising for Cho, and he was pushed to the edge, cornered, until he didn't care about what happened to him anymore. I think he already wanted to die, only that he wanted to make a 'mark' and some sort of revenge before he ended his life. There are people who could emphathise. I think Cho wasn't insane, just very, very sad.

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

Still deserves to die.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

I agree with ninetails... He was push a little to much

LL2

Well, maybe he should have gone for the counsling.

ninetails is right...stupid bulliies. they make fun of kids, then kids turn emo, then get made fun of by everybody.
    derp

I agree completely with Ninetails. I think theres a time that everyone cracks. Suicide and murder is an all too likely possibility for people who are depressed. I used to know a kid who had massive family problems, and tried to talk to his parents. They completely ignored him, and he was so sad. He tried to keep his parents together, and they broke up. I think he found it too much to deal with, so he tried to end it.

Not only do I feel sad for Cho, but for the relatives of the kids that he killed. They must understand how far on the brink he was, but murder is something that you CANNOT forgive.
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    LINK AND ARTICUNO GIRL VS THE WORLD
    away 'til September 1~

Annatar's Munchlax

Even though this may sound odd....but when the hell did this happen? And what is Virginia Tech? and who is Cho? I'm so confused >.<

It was a big thing in the news worldwide....how could you not know it? Not trying to be rude, but do you read newspapers at all?

Anyway, this crazy guy came in a school and shot many people dead. Summarised in a sentence.

Annatar's Munchlax

I didn't see it. And I look at the news everyday. Musn't have reached Australia. Typical....

iwilldestroyu

im staying away from the crazy uptite ppl from no on O.o