Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 369

Thread: Theology Megathread

  1. #76
    A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the other side of nowhere
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jimmy chow View Post
    I think that human qualities are actually godly qualities. Although i think christian beleif is a bunch of bull I still think that if god does exist we were created not to be able to grasp a concept of how exactly he came to be and how powerful he is becuase of our lack of faith and our literal qualities that were gained from eating the evil apples which fused our kind with evil. They have even found a gigantic eye in a different galaxy that just happens to blink occasionally and constantly looks into our galaxy, ironically they call it the eye of god and science cannot explain it becuase its not meant to explain religious things, it was meant to explain things around the world in a way that we feel we can understand, proof of the eye of god has not been published to the public yet becuase it might send an uproar but i just happened to hack into a file that had it.
    When you have proof that you can show us I will believe this crap. Until then, I doubt anyone but a complete idiot will believe it.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."



    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

  2. #77
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jimmy chow View Post
    I think that human qualities are actually godly qualities. Although i think christian beleif is a bunch of bull I still think that if god does exist we were created not to be able to grasp a concept of how exactly he came to be and how powerful he is becuase of our lack of faith and our literal qualities that were gained from eating the evil apples which fused our kind with evil.
    Uh, what?
    They have even found a gigantic eye in a different galaxy that just happens to blink occasionally and constantly looks into our galaxy, ironically they call it the eye of god and science cannot explain it becuase its not meant to explain religious things, it was meant to explain things around the world in a way that we feel we can understand, proof of the eye of god has not been published to the public yet becuase it might send an uproar but i just happened to hack into a file that had it.
    The 'Eye of God' is the Helix Nebula cluster. It's been explained by science.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  3. #78
    Who are you? Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    473

    Default

    I really doubt that if god exists, it's a giant fat blinking eye in the universe. Just because it can't be explained now doesn't mean it can't be explained later.

    Religion in my mind is something people need when faced with the unknown. To say an all-powerful force like God made something happen makes unknown things a lot more understandable. But as we unravel the mysteries more and more of what was previously unknown, we'll realize that we need religion less and less to explain the unknown. However, I won't deny that religion will always exist in some form or another, because even in the improbably case that there are no unknowns, some people still need something to lean on in a crisis. Often, previously nonreligious people will turn to solace from an organized religion after a traumatic event, and it's been proven that people who are involved in religion often rebound better from emotional trauma. Whether god exists or not and has helped with their recovery, the emotional support that a community, religious or not, provides certainly helps speed their recovery.

  4. #79
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Uh, what?

    The 'Eye of God' is the Helix Nebula cluster. It's been explained by science.
    Yeah Jimmy there's nothing strange about it at all. It just happens to be a Nebula that looks like a human eye. It doesn't blink.

  5. #80
    happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    classified
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Uh, what?

    The 'Eye of God' is the Helix Nebula cluster. It's been explained by science.
    No that isnt the one i had seen, it was a different color altogether, i wish i still had that file.
    Greatness Reincarnated

  6. #81
    happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    classified
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Yeah Jimmy there's nothing strange about it at all. It just happens to be a Nebula that looks like a human eye. It doesn't blink.
    What the hell isnt strange about a group of clusters, rocks and a dead sun conveniently morph to create A FUCKING GIANT EYE, ITS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE FOR THAT TO BE A COINCIDINC!
    Greatness Reincarnated

  7. #82
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,683

    Default

    the gases from a nebula can easily take that shape

  8. #83
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,683

    Default

    here is another nebula that looks like an eye

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_Nebula

  9. #84
    happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    classified
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    It was neither of them
    Greatness Reincarnated

  10. #85
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    And yet another nebulae that vaguely resembles an eye. God, the being who is supposed to look exactly like us, now has three eyes!
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  11. #86
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jimmy chow View Post
    What the hell isnt strange about a group of clusters, rocks and a dead sun conveniently morph to create A FUCKING GIANT EYE, ITS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE FOR THAT TO BE A COINCIDINC!
    I once saw a cloud that looked like a Dorito. Look dude, if it turned out that that thing really was the physical eyeball God, there would be scientific evidence for His existence and thus no more need for faith which is kind of the point. I don't think God would allow that.

    Ah, but you see, according to Christians, God is a perfect being who also, somehow, someway, is a creator. Both of those properties are in contradiction with one another. If one is perfect they are complete, full, accomplished, lacking nothing and therefore would have no need for companionship or the desire to create. So either God didn't create us since a perfect creator can't exist, or he's imperfect, and thus not a God.
    Not really. The fact that we do exist means that without us existence would be incomplete. Therefore, God's perfection, it can be argued, hinges on the factor us existing in this portion of time and sPace.

    Although i think christian beleif is a bunch of bull I still think that if god does exist we were created not to be able to grasp a concept of how exactly he came to be and how powerful he is becuase of our lack of faith and our literal qualities that were gained from eating the evil apples which fused our kind with evil
    It wasn't an apple, it was probably a fig. The whole "apple" idea came about because the latin word for apple is the same as for evil. I believe it's "Malus"

  12. #87
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    And yet another nebulae that vaguely resembles an eye. God, the being who is supposed to look exactly like us, now has three eyes!



    If anything, if there is a "god" like force in the universe, it is just that. A force, powerful energy. There is no one iconic firgure looming over us, but there is energy, infinate energy.

    That's about as close to God as it gets
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  13. #88
    pokeking
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    And yet another nebulae that vaguely resembles an eye. God, the being who is supposed to look exactly like us, now has three eyes!

    Actually, the belief is that we are made in the image of God. Not the other way around as you have stated.

  14. #89
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokeking View Post
    Actually, the belief is that we are made in the image of God. Not the other way around as you have stated.
    Please point out where I ever claimed God was made in our image? I never stated 'God, the being that was supposedly created to look like us', I said 'God, the being who is supposed to look like us'. If, for the sake of argument, we were created in his image, then that implies he does in fact look identical to us in appearance aswell. Perhaps next time you'll actually take the time to read my comments properly before replying and making an idiot of yourself.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  15. #90
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default





    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

  16. #91
    keen as mustard The Lacemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    quite the sheep shagger!
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    I am non-religious but I respect those with their own beliefs but one thing about Christianity...

    I don't like the idea of doing good things in this life to get into a better afterlife. Shouldn't you do good deeds because it helps others, because it's ethical to do it? If the only you want to do good things for other people is to get into heaven then it seems wrong to me. Life isn't worth just preparing for some better life in the future.

    I'm at a Catholic high school althgouh I'm non-religious so most of the time I'll have to hold my lips shut before protesting to what the light-headed religious studies teacher says. One thing that caught my eye in the 'belief continum' [place your feelings on the line basically] was, and I quote, "Everything good comes from God." There must be something wrong with this sentence. Isn't it possible for humans to do good as well? Everything we do comes from God? We have free will and mankind can do good as well, surely...

    But then again, what is the definition of good? Everyone's ethics are different which makes this topic so hard.

  17. #92
    Elite Four Member Myuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pokemon League Castle
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Today was a funny day because on a "share your feelings class" or more like "sleep for 40min class" the teacher asked weather i had faith on something or not, and i answer that it was a hard question because faith might mean a lot of things, and she asked whether or not i had faith on God and i said "No" and she asked why and i reply that for me it was hard to believe that an all powerful being that could watch over us actually existed, and the teacher send me to the counsellor, and i had a really good laugh.

  18. #93
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    "Everything good comes from God." There must be something wrong with this sentence. Isn't it possible for humans to do good as well? Everything we do comes from God? We have free will and mankind can do good as well, surely...
    Everything comes from God, period. This includes evil, whether most people will admit it or not since both are basically adjectives dexcribing "better or worse than." However, being that God's got a master plan and is infallible, everything happens as it should no matter how horrible it may seem to us. Ergo, God is good and it's all good.


    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

  19. #94
    Geekwad RangerGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In my alternate reality.
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    If you say Christians are intolerant of other beliefs, I have to say you're right. We don't see it as a matter of being tolerant, though, we see it more as a matter of being correct. We believe there is only one way to heaven. Just like there is only one correct answer to two plus two. It's always four. You may say it's five, and you may say it's three, but it's not a matter of tolerance. It's a matter of being correct. I'm not going to argue this further, I'm just stating my beliefs. They won't change. Ask me about them, but don't argue over them with me.

    I'm not going to argue about evolution, or anything like it. Being an evolutionist or a creationist is not what gets you to heaven. (Let me tell you, though, that life on earth is so complex that many scientists now believe in guided evolution. If all life comes from previous life, where did it all start?)

    Also, that's not going to prove my beliefs to you. So maybe there is a God. So what?

    But let me ask you this: who do you believe Jesus Christ was? Was he a regular man? Just a good teacher? A prophet? Or was he really God?
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
    "you are gay furthermore you like sex with men" ~god

    One of the Seven Deadly Sins of PD: Femme Greed

  20. #95
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    I think Jesus was a far more interesting character in real life than the Bible lets on. More human than human, Jesus of Nazareth was a man born unto a virgin who had over time developed supernatural abilities to manipulate matter and energy. His sense of awareness was also phenomenal. As he grew, he traveled and learned to use his power and knowledge to benefit mankind. His influence touched many but those in power grew threatened by his growing popularity and eventually had him executed. But even death could not contain him.

    I suppose that that's where my common ideas of Christ part ways with the church. I theorize that his true message of heaven and hell was too complex for people to comprehend back then so it got diluted to some degree by the time the bible was written and he eventually became a glorified mascot.


    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

  21. #96
    A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the other side of nowhere
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    Ok, for those of you who say God and Jesus don't exsist, I have one question that I want you to answer.

    Would you rather live your life believing in God and when you die there's nothing, no afterlife, no nothing, or would you rather live your life saying God don't exsist, and when you die, you go to hell and spend the rest of eternity being tortured?
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."



    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

  22. #97
    I honest to god mean it! Now where the hells my sammich?!? Eon Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hoping intelligence sparks in some peoples minds...
    Posts
    1,631

    Default

    I only believe that there is the rebirth process as soon as your dead
    New Claimed Character: Onikami O'Donnel Son of Wolf O'Donnel
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!


    Albums wanting:
    Slipknot - Vol. 3 (The subliminal Verses)
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

  23. #98
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Experiment EX001 (Shadow XD) View Post
    Ok, for those of you who say God and Jesus don't exsist, I have one question that I want you to answer.

    Would you rather live your life believing in God and when you die there's nothing, no afterlife, no nothing, or would you rather live your life saying God don't exsist, and when you die, you go to hell and spend the rest of eternity being tortured?
    I'd rather live my life saying that God doesn't exist (which is what i've been doing for years), since it frees me from all of that ridiculous religious baggage. Assuming that he exists, for the sake of argument, if God is truly omnibenevolent and all-loving, then there's no possible way that he would judge a person by their beliefs instead of their actions. It's completely illogical that God would allow a mass-murderer into Heaven simply because he believed in him, while a morally sound individual who dedicated their life to helping others gets sent to Hell just because s/he didn't believe. God sure has a twisted sense of justice, or, you know, he just plain doesn't exist. I'll sleep soundly tonight.

    Pikatwo: 1
    Christianity: 0
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  24. #99
    A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the other side of nowhere
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    Whatever, your choice is your choice, and frankly, I don't feel like arguing with someone who has their mind set on God not exsisting.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."



    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

  25. #100
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Experiment EX001 (Shadow XD) View Post
    Whatever, your choice is your choice, and frankly, I don't feel like arguing with someone who has their mind set on God not exsisting.
    Then what the hell are you doing in this thread? The very purpose of this thread is to discuss and debate everything related to theology, and that includes God. This isn't the 'Post your beliefs and expect no contention' thread.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •