Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Theology Megathread

[Original title goes here] ninja's Avatar

If we didn't have wars, we wouldn't have the movie Braveheart.
    That alone is worth the Earth's entire population.
    :yes:

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Default Iraq War

The reason why we invaded Iraq was to seize nuclear weapons of mass destruction from Sudam Hussain; instead, we captured the man and liberated the hajii's out there.
    But because we did that, we created chaos in Iraq, now we have people without a proper government, no proper economy (they have no banks out here!), and an aweful agricultural system (they have to import a lot of food into this country).
    We're trying to build them a democratic government so that they can vote and have freedoms similar to Americans. The problem is that this country is divided by different tribes that think that they are right, Al-Quada believes that America is evil, and we're in the middle of a gigantic dessert.
    And now Americans want to pull us out of Iraq, with it's unstable Government, Economy, and Agriculture... Iraq will fall into chaos and to the hands of Al-Quada and other terrorists.
    So because Obama is going to pull us out, we have to stablize the most vital thing for this country: It's government. Once that is taken care of, everything else can slowly fall into place, but no, Democrats want to ruin all of it.

We're trying to build them a democratic government so that they can vote and have freedoms similar to Americans.
    Shortly after the overthrow of Sadam, elections were springing up in Iraq. The US canceled them because they feared the outcome would not be to their liking.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/19/wo...ed-a-veto.html

So, no, America does not care about giving Iraq a democracy.

We're trying to build them a democratic government so that they can vote and have freedoms similar to Americans.
    Shortly after the overthrow of Sadam, elections were springing up in Iraq. The US canceled them because they feared the outcome would not be to their liking.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/19/wo...ed-a-veto.html

So, no, America does not care about giving Iraq a democracy.

How true you know Veitnam voted to be communist it was only the rebellous south that protested and cuased war. How similar to the American civil war but who invervened.

Of course we cancelled them.
    If you were somehow babysitting a bunch of kids and you were supose to feed them healthy food, but all the children wanted to eat junk food, exception of a few. One of the children said that they would rather vote to what they would eat.
    What do you think the outcome would be?

Now imagine a bunch of people who are from different tribes, 4 tribes to be exact. Now imagine if one of the tribes were to be larger in population compared to the rest of the tribes. That tribe aslo happens to be run by known terrorist.

Who do you think will win in a vote?

But in retrospect if the people (kids) want the candy it isd there right to get it if they all want it. Eh maybe that is not you view though but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by leo33wii View Post
    Of course we cancelled them.
    If you were somehow babysitting a bunch of kids and you were supose to feed them healthy food, but all the children wanted to eat junk food, exception of a few. One of the children said that they would rather vote to what they would eat.
    What do you think the outcome would be?

Now imagine a bunch of people who are from different tribes, 4 tribes to be exact. Now imagine if one of the tribes were to be larger in population compared to the rest of the tribes. That tribe aslo happens to be run by known terrorist.

Who do you think will win in a vote?
    oh, okay. so you're just a racist then.

and what tribes are you speaking of? perhaps you are confusing a sectarian conflict with a tribal conflict?

Iraq can be divided into 4 sections and in those sections are dominant tribes. There are actually many tribes in Iraq, let's say they are similar to a county.
    In America, all the states have Counties. Imagine that these counties want entire controll of the state that they are in; not all counties want to control the state, those counties are known as friendly counties. But because they are non-violant other counties can walk all over them.
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ges/tribes.jpg

This is how Iraq is. Now to make things a bit more complex... religion! They are Muslim and are divided by this: One side believes that certain papers written after Muhammid are credible while the other side doesn't agree with that (Sunni vs. Shiite). They believe that it is extremely important to prove the other side wrong.
    Most tribes are either Sunni or Shiite, but most often they aren't. So they try to kill each other.
    ----------------------
    Now being out here in Iraq and interacting with these people, I found that the common people are very ignorant and lack education (not all of course, I've met some that are very intelligent and smart). But because of this, I have been conditioned to think that a large majority of Iraqi's are... well... generally not as well educated.

And a lot of people who are far more experienced than me being in this nation had a strong feeling that those votes back in 2003 that we cancelled needed to be cancelled. Why? Unstable government because Saddam had been captured, many tribes relucant to cooperate, and terrorist groups/personnel among the tribes trying to take control.

But of course, listen to the news. They are never wrong and will never stack the deck, ever!

Also my paragraph about the children in my previous post was a hypothetical situatuon.

Well of course they are uneducated. A combination of Saddam's rule and US sanctions destroyed their country. And of course it is the actions of the west that enabled Saddam to rise to power in the first place(largely england for bringing qassim to power, largely the us for allowing saddam to replace him).

Not only did the US cancel the elections, they brought in puppet leaders, hand picked. You cannot say the war is about spreading freedom and democracy. It is about shaping Iraq in the economic interests on the US. And of course the war itself was all about economic interests for construction, contracting, mercenary firms, etc.

Of course your comparison was hypothetical but it is liking the US occupation of an arab country to "babysitting children", and implies they are not fit to rule and decide for themselves.

A majority of people in the US help each other because their ulterior motive is to have the person they helped return a favor of the same level.
    Within this group of people, is another group who take advantage of the said people they help.
    Most American's stretch their morals to justify their actions, but when any government does this to another government/nation, it becomes a debvious act and is criticised.

Modern Warfare has changed from what war used to be considered in America as, something "Honorable."
    The last war thought as such was WWII. Now war has the stigma of being something similar to a violent business transaction.
    ----------

Babysitting children, maybe it was my subconscience to blame, but after some thought... I think it is like babysitting. The people here are out of control and they don't really know how to manage themselves. I would like to see Americans stay in Iraq to help this country develop and have some sort of stable government. Unfortunately, there are leaders who would rather take advantage of Iraq and use up the resources this country barely has.

SO! The war in Iraq is a just a big moral debate by hypocrites that's been lost in political and economical interests.

you now if america would of never interfered with the USSR invasion in the 80s they would not be as strong as they are know there technology and threat would be the same as many (no offence) african coutries that may not be civilized but can not do a lot to any one.

Whoa whoa whoa!
    Africa doesn't do a lot?
    I don't know why we even bothered to fix Iraq first when Africa has more problems then anyone... EVER.
    Google "Invisable Children" that's just a tiny problem they have in just Uganda. There are more problems running through Africa...
    Then their is South America, Guatemala, Ecuador, Eastern Asia: Japan, China, North Korea--

You know what... I'll just shut up now. The world is horrible place with too many problems with people who don't want to help anyone.

If people today were to go out of their way to help another without expecting anything in return, I'm sure the world would be a better place.

Sorry.

But they do not set oof bombs in our country.

So, because they don't harm Americans it isn't important that innocent people are dying.

cool

... no we should intervene if we can and sometimes we should but sometimes countries need to solve there own issues like in the past when no one came to the rescue there is a fine line between holocost and war crimes

It is important to help Africa, but you have to realize it is the fault of America and Europe that Africa is in the state it is in.

Becuase we all where alive back then too thanks for the blame

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Do you know anything?

It really was our fault

My knowledge on the issue is that pre-WWII, Britian went into africa and decided to colonize it, spliting the contenent into countries, and picking a tribe in each area and giving them power, thinking they were doing the "uncivilized" people there a favor. Unfortunately, each of those tribes in power didn't want any other tribes on the territory they were handed, and decided to go into battle against any other tribes on their land, and before Britian could finish the process, World War II started, so they didn't have time to finish the process so they just let them go at each other because it was cheaper and easier, so now thats why you see these genocides, at least thats the way I understand it, I don't know all the facts, but thats pretty much the jist of it

Do you know anything?

It really was our fault

My knowledge on the issue is that pre-WWII, Britian went into africa and decided to colonize it, spliting the contenent into countries, and picking a tribe in each area and giving them power, thinking they were doing the "uncivilized" people there a favor. Unfortunately, each of those tribes in power didn't want any other tribes on the territory they were handed, and decided to go into battle against any other tribes on their land, and before Britian could finish the process, World War II started, so they didn't have time to finish the process so they just let them go at each other because it was cheaper and easier, so now thats why you see these genocides, at least thats the way I understand it, I don't know all the facts, but thats pretty much the jist of it

Sort of. It wasn't just England of course. The Rwandan genocide for example was the fault of the Dutch for ultimate causes of how they ruled the country colonially, and also the French for selling them weapon at the time.

And how the US basically tried to ignore the whole thing

we're still ignoring it

edit:
    Most people are unaware of it. That's the way America wants it to be.

And that my fault? I thought that the crimes of a persons father where not your crimes.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast