Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Theology Megathread

WHENEVER

off the top of my head: thomas alva edison, dmitri mendeleev, satyendranath bose, a. p. j. abdul kalam, louis pasteur, carl sagan, pierre curie and albert einstein

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

God doesn't exist.

Refute.

ShadowRaven

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    off the top of my head: thomas alva edison, dmitri mendeleev, satyendranath bose, a. p. j. abdul kalam, louis pasteur, carl sagan, pierre curie and albert einstein
    right off the top i know that einstein was very comfortably upper middle class and his father was an engineer and owned a company. i'll BIOGRAPHY the rest later.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Thomas Edison's father had to flee from Canada due to an unsuccessful rebellion, but his family was never poor.

Dmitri Mendeleev was poor, but only once he was 13 when his mother's factory belw up and his dad died.

Satyendranath Bose's father was an important engineer for the East Indian Railway Company, and even early in life he was a proclaimed genius.

Wikipedia doesn't talk about "a. p. j. abdul kalam"'s past.

Louis Pasteur was poor.

Carl Sagan's family was lower class, but not poor. However, everybody during the great depression was poor.

There's nothing about Pierre Curie's economic status, but I'm guessing his father must have had some high scholarly position because he taught his own son everything.

Albert Einstein was born to an upper-class non-religious Jewish family and attended a fancy Catholic School for the first few years of his life.

huh i couldve sworn einstien was poor. we were given this short story to read about him in my English class by Patrick pringle which documented his expulsion from school and it described the awful apartment he lived in alone because his father was always in Vienna and stated that his father couldn't afford university fees or something, and I assumed all that was at least remotely factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Yeah they do rayne. How many inner city black kids become Doctors?
    The answer is none.

Morons.

Aww, good times.

C:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

DISCUSSION OVER

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRaven View Post
    God doesn't exist.

Refute.

ShadowRaven
    God DOES infact exist and we know he does because the Bible says so and we know the Bible is true becaaaaaause ... The Bible is the word of God and we know it's the word of God because the Bible says so and we know the Bible is true because it's infallible and we know it's infallible because it's the word of God and we know it's the word of God because the Bible says so and we know the Bible is true because it's infallible and we know it's infallible because it's the word of God and we know it's the word of God because the .......

Also. How to create your own religion:

1. Abandon your critical thinking processes. Possessing a mental disorder is generally considered a big help.
    2. Believe that you're in a personal relationship with a higher being and that you have access to information and wisdom no one else does when really you're just substituting information for air out of your ass and wisdom for ignorance.
    3. Convince people of similar mental state (ie; retarded) to buy into your fantasies and assist you in the global proliferation of your beliefs. Promise great rewards and everlasting life in an ethereal paradise if the tenets and benedictions of your religion are followed to the letter.
    4. ? ? ? ?
    5. Prophet!
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    5. Prophet!
    i like it.

Do you like Jesus, Pikatwo?

LIKE Jesus? I AM Jesus!

The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

My lord!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    God DOES infact exist and we know he does because the Bible says so and we know the Bible is true becaaaaaause ... The Bible is the word of God and we know it's the word of God because the Bible says so and we know the Bible is true because it's infallible and we know it's infallible because it's the word of God and we know it's the word of God because the Bible says so and we know the Bible is true because it's infallible and we know it's infallible because it's the word of God and we know it's the word of God because the .......
    Last edited by ShadowRaven; 03-06-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: lolpics

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    it doesnt really make a whole lot of sense that the forming of a plane of existence can be proven through math equations
    do you still believe this because id be willing to debate this point

ok thanks for responding

no i was definitely wrong because i didnt know anything about math or science in 2007

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRaven View Post
    exhibit A, idiot Dawkins fan

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415