Thread: Revenge [Lit]

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Default Revenge [Lit]

*sighs* The stuff you miss when an admin bans you from a forum after you flamed them (with good reason, mind)... There's only one thing to do... Revive it and hope for the best.

Okay, seeing as this RP is based on something I made up ages ago (with a lot of help from some good friends), it had a good story rolling with it. But then we realised that it wasn't working out and made it into a story. Great. Still, the idea is there... So, anyway, I'm bringing it back.

For future reference, italics like this are (and indeed always have been) my [OoC]. It's easier for me this way.

The Rules

1) Please don't have too many magic characters. It messes the whole thing up (I discovered this a while ago).
    2) Ideally you shouldn't be too powerful. People need to almost die (or indeed actually die) to get this to work properly. It helps with the whole revenge thing.
    3) Respect the English language. The first sign of 1337 or n00b speak and you're out of here faster than you can say OMGWTFBBQ.
    4) Try and keep it fun(ny). It makes it more interesting.

The Two Main Characters

Name: Ervan Remoh (played by me).

Class: Sword Master.

Description:
    Height: 5' 11".
    Weight: 60 kg.
    Complexion: Lightly tanned.
    Hair: Black, long and straight.
    Race: Human.
    Personality and traits: A harsh tongue, quick temper, complete lack of a sense of direction, and instant infatuation with pretty much any pretty girl he comes across have been Ervan's trademark for the last few years. Balanced against this is surprisingly strong sense of honour (he has no idea how that got there), his natural leadership and his swordsmanship, which, though sometimes bettered, is still hard to equal. Wielding his blade as he once wielded his brush (more on that later), killing strokes and last-minute parries are easy for him. Although he seems a nice enough guy at first, getting on his bad side is easier than it looks, and once you're there you better hope you've got the right armour or you're toast. His quest to kill Flash is purely for revenge, although some people are convinced he actually cares about the rest of the world (the non-female bit) too.

Alignment: Opposed to Flash.

Equipment: Slim sword (not very strong, but can find the gaps in an enemy's armour pretty easily), light armour (blocks knives, light spears/swords).

Background: Ervan began his days as an artist, his skills with the brush unparalelled by the other inhabitants of his village (all twelve of them). He was the son of a carpenter (father) and a dress-maker (mother), and they lived pretty well with his brother Mark and sister Sara. However, as is the way with all good characters in RPs, this just wouldn't last. First, when he was just ten years old, his brother went missing (currently presumed dead, although you never know...) after an alleged encounter with some brigand scum. At this point he began to learn the art of swordsmanship from a former sword master who lived in his village in order to avenge his brother. At sixteen he'd learned enough to go out and kill those losers, and so began his first adventure, which lasted about a week. A few weeks after, his family was brutally murdered by Flash's henchman when they razed the village to the ground to keep in practice. At this point Ervan declared a crusade against Flash which has been going on for some time, despite Flash supposedly dieing at least twice.

------

Name: Flash (NPC/Main Boss Character)

Age: ?? No one knows, although if we measure from his last 'death', he's about five years old... Which is obviously stupid seeing as he looks at least as old as Ervan.

Class: Dark Druid Master.

Description:
    Height: 6'2".
    Weight: 65 kg.
    Complexion: Pale.
    Hair: Blonde, short, sticks up.
    Personality and traits: Let's start with the basics: He's evil, megalomaniacal and loves an elaborate death trap as much as the next evil genius. Nobody knows where he came from, but it's fairly obvious that he intends to take over the world or something. Despite allegedly being the most powerful magic wielder ever, he's still matched by Noo and others, although some say he's just playing with them. So far he's failed to get rid of Ervan even though he's put in years of hard work. He's very patient and relaxed, and almost impossible to get annoyed. However, he's also far too proud to listen to anyone.

Alignment: Guess. Go on, I dare you.

Equipment: Unholy Magics of Doom (tm). Really. This guy is most likely the most overly powered magician ever in terms of spells and such, although he lacks knowledge of the finer points.

Background: Nobody knows. All we can say (based on hearsay) is that he just turned up from somewhere and started taking over.

The Backstory

Okay, cue the flashback...

"For a number of years Flash and I have fought," said Ervan, gazing into the campfire in front of him. The group around him were instantly silent: for the first time Ervan Remoh would tell his story. "In that time, a number of people close to me have either died, changed sides... Or disappeared." He gazed up at the stars for a moment. "It began with the death of my family, as you all know. I swore I would avenge them, and that oath lead me on a great quest, where I first met my two oldest friends: Dadi and Noo. Together we journeyed across the land after Flash, held together despite our differences by our common enemy, each with his own reason. I had revenge, Dadi had justice, and Noo had... Nobody knew. He was always the mystery, but a powerful and reliable ally.

On our quest we battled a number of Flash's underlings, eventually reaching the man himself. A bloody battle followed, but we were victorious. My blade slid into his heart and that was it. I killed him, I watched him die. But then he came back, more powerful than before, summoned from teh beyond by Rainman. Once more we set out, and this time we gathered more to our side, even converting Tugafighter, once Flash's most loyal ally. This time we took no chances. Actively we hunted down everyone of Flash's followers until only he remained. Once again battle began, and once again I was victorious, but at great cost. All my allies were either dead or no longer able to travel on such adventures. But it did not matter, for Flash was gone and we could all feel happy that this time he would not be back.

... And yet... I know he's back. Isarah has told me, but she need not have. I can feel it in my soul. He walks the land once more... And I will not rest until I have killed him again." The swordmaster turned away, and those around him took it as a sign that the story was over. The fire was quenched and all prepared for a night's rest.

The next morning Ervan was gone.
    Last edited by The Editor; 05-26-2007 at 09:41 AM.

#1 story teller/writer in the hood kratos's Avatar

Ok. I may have overlooked it, but I didn't even see a plot here.
    FUN NARUTO GAME LINK BELOW!

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?coolidge

*rises hand* same here... and I see no from...

FallenAngel

[QUOTE=The Editor;80622]*sighs* The stuff you miss when an admin bans you from a forum after you flamed them (with good reason, mind)... There's only one thing to do... Revive it and hope for the best.

Okay, seeing as this RP is based on something I made up ages ago (with a lot of help from some good friends), it had a good story rolling with it. But then we realised that it wasn't working out and made it into a story. Great. Still, the idea is there... So, anyway, I'm bringing it back.

For future reference, italics like this are (and indeed always have been) my [OoC]. It's easier for me this way.

The Rules

1) Please don't have too many magic characters. It messes the whole thing up (I discovered this a while ago).
    2) Ideally you shouldn't be too powerful. People need to almost die (or indeed actually die) to get this to work properly. It helps with the whole revenge thing.
    3) Respect the English language. The first sign of 1337 or n00b speak and you're out of here faster than you can say OMGWTFBBQ.
    4) Try and keep it fun(ny). It makes it more interesting.

The Two Main Characters

Name: Ervan Remoh (played by me).

Class: Sword Master.

Description:
    Height: 5' 11".
    Weight: 60 kg.
    Complexion: Lightly tanned.
    Hair: Black, long and straight.
    Personality and traits: A harsh tongue, quick temper, complete lack of a sense of direction, and instant infatuation with pretty much any pretty girl he comes across have been Ervan's trademark for the last few years. Balanced against this is surprisingly strong sense of honour (he has no idea how that got there), his natural leadership and his swordsmanship, which, though sometimes bettered, is still hard to equal. Wielding his blade as he once wielded his brush (more on that later), killing strokes and last-minute parries are easy for him. Although he seems a nice enough guy at first, getting on his bad side is easier than it looks, and once you're there you better hope you've got the right armour or you're toast. His quest to kill Flash is purely for revenge, although some people are convinced he actually cares about the rest of the world (the non-female bit) too.

Alignment: Opposed to Flash.

Equipment: Slim sword (not very strong, but can find the gaps in an enemy's armour pretty easily), light armour (blocks knives, light spears/swords).

Background: Ervan began his days as an artist, his skills with the brush unparalelled by the other inhabitants of his village (all twelve of them). He was the son of a carpenter (father) and a dress-maker (mother), and they lived pretty well with his brother Mark and sister Sara. However, as is the way with all good characters in RPs, this just wouldn't last. First, when he was just ten years old, his brother went missing (currently presumed dead, although you never know...) after an alleged encounter with some brigand scum. At this point he began to learn the art of swordsmanship from a former sword master who lived in his village in order to avenge his brother. At sixteen he'd learned enough to go out and kill those losers, and so began his first adventure, which lasted about a week. A few weeks after, his family was brutally murdered by Flash's henchman when they razed the village to the ground to keep in practice. At this point Ervan declared a crusade against Flash which has been going on for some time, despite Flash supposedly dieing at least twice.

------

Name: Flash (NPC/Main Boss Character)

Age: ?? No one knows, although if we measure from his last 'death', he's about five years old... Which is obviously stupid seeing as he looks at least as old as Ervan.

Class: Dark Druid Master.

Description:
    Height: 6'2".
    Weight: 65 kg.
    Complexion: Pale.
    Hair: Blonde, short, sticks up.
    Personality and traits: Let's start with the basics: He's evil, megalomaniacal and loves an elaborate death trap as much as the next evil genius. Nobody knows where he came from, but it's fairly obvious that he intends to take over the world or something. Despite allegedly being the most powerful magic wielder ever, he's still matched by Noo and others, although some say he's just playing with them. So far he's failed to get rid of Ervan even though he's put in years of hard work. He's very patient and relaxed, and almost impossible to get annoyed. However, he's also far too proud to listen to anyone.

Alignment: Guess. Go on, I dare you.

Equipment: Unholy Magics of Doom (tm). Really. This guy is most likely the most overly powered magician ever in terms of spells and such, although he lacks knowledge of the finer points.

Background: Nobody knows. All we can say (based on hearsay) is that he just turned up from somewhere and started taking over.

The Backstory

Okay, cue the flashback...

"For a number of years Flash and I have fought," said Ervan, gazing into the campfire in front of him. The group around him were instantly silent: for the first time Ervan Remoh would tell his story. "In that time, a number of people close to me have either died, changed sides... Or disappeared." He gazed up at the stars for a moment. "It began with the death of my family, as you all know. I swore I would avenge them, and that oath lead me on a great quest, where I first met my two oldest friends: Dadi and Noo. Together we journeyed across the land after Flash, held together despite our differences by our common enemy, each with his own reason. I had revenge, Dadi had justice, and Noo had... Nobody knew. He was always the mystery, but a powerful and reliable ally.

On our quest we battled a number of Flash's underlings, eventually reaching the man himself. A bloody battle followed, but we were victorious. My blade slid into his heart and that was it. I killed him, I watched him die. But then he came back, more powerful than before, summoned from teh beyond by Rainman. Once more we set out, and this time we gathered more to our side, even converting Tugafighter, once Flash's most loyal ally. This time we took no chances. Actively we hunted down everyone of Flash's followers until only he remained. Once again battle began, and once again I was victorious, but at great cost. All my allies were either dead or no longer able to travel on such adventures. But it did not matter, for Flash was gone and we could all feel happy that this time he would not be back.

... And yet... I know he's back. Isarah has told me, but she need not have. I can feel it in my soul. He walks the land once more... And I will not rest until I have killed him again." The swordmaster turned away, and those around him took it as a sign that the story was over. The fire was quenched and all prepared for a night's rest.

The next morning Ervan was gone.[/
    QUOTE]

...not that easy to miss....

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Thanks, FallenAngel.

Forms:

Name: (whatever you want, I don't mind)

Class: (anything you want [within the boundaries of reason and taste])

Description: (insert image if you want here)
    Height: (feet and inches is better for comaprisons [6 feet = 1.8 meters])
    Weight: (gives an idea of size)
    Complexion: (skin colour)
    Hair: (because it's an RP, we have to have at least some stupid hair)
    Race: (anything. Anything at all. Even an inanimate object, although you shouldn't expect us to carry you)
    Personality and traits: (nothing too long or indepth. Save that for the backstory)

Alignment: (the side you're on. Try to steer clear of good/evil alignments, as no one's sure who represents what)

Equipment: (for fight purposes. Weapons and armour, plus any extra important stuff [magic talismans, weird cloaks, big shields...]. You should say what the stuff actually does)

Backstory: (a short introduction into the life of your character)

That should be it.

Ed.

dragonking119

Name: Zuran Kaizer

Class: Swordmaster

Desciption
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 70 kg
    Complexion: Tanned Olive Skin
    Hair: Dark brown, short and spiky(similar to that of Lloyd the White Wolf,(ed i think u know him)
    Race: Human
    Personality: Insane, skillful and wise. No longer in posssesion of his mind, Zuran fights endlessly on the plains of his village, starting wars with brigands just to better his sword skill and to satisfy his craving of bloodshed. He sometimes wanders the countryside in search of his uncle, Karel. But, he knows that if he were ever to find him, it would be the greatest battle they would ever fight. He is not easily angered but when infuriated he goes on a rampage, killing all the soldiers on the battlefield, including his own.

Allignment: Opposed against Flash

Eqipment: Silver Sword(Very strong, sure to cause damage against even armoured generals), light armour(blocks daggers and weak swords)

Backround: Begining his days of swordsmanship at the age of merely 10 years old as a myrmidon, his skill quickly developed. Not realising that murdering men that did harm to his family was turning him insane, he continued until they were all dead. Eventually leading The black Fang Organisation as the top assasin, Zuran later killed a man by the name Jaffar, who was known as "the angel of death'. After achieving this, he slaughtered
    all of the black fang members and returned home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dragonking119; 08-09-2007 at 02:33 AM.

Ed you should start this up again.