Thread: gym leaders

i like soup

Default gym leaders

im having trouble with my dads gym

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Your dad has a gym? Hook me up with him. He sounds pretty fit.

Ok, time to take a momento of seriousness.

Not copied from a guide or anything PIKATWO -

The best way to beat your dad without having to do a series of handywork is to use Focus Punch. Breloom is the most useful Pokémon to use being that he resists the majority of things that Norman can shake a stick at. Breloom won't actually be faster than Slaking, but the majority of his moves should be withstanded. Of course, I imagine using Encore Machamp and using Charm on Breloom would be infinitely beneficial aswell. Seriously, though, battling your dad is a pretty easy toss up.

Registered Users Regular

Ya Listen to Hicky!

P.S Can I join your dads gym?

Aeon

bayleef Master I saw a spam forum if you want to go there since that's all you really do.

My suggestion would to go with pokemon that know fighting attacks. Hicky posted a good strategy, but it's a bit inconvient if you don't already have a Breloom. If you just spend a bit more time leveling up your starter to you should be able to take him down with whichever one you chose. If not, I suggests Hicky's strategy.

Registered Users Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    bayleef Master I saw a spam forum if you want to go there since that's all you really do.

My suggestion would to go with pokemon that know fighting attacks. Hicky posted a good strategy, but it's a bit inconvient if you don't already have a Breloom. If you just spend a bit more time leveling up your starter to you should be able to take him down with whichever one you chose. If not, I suggests Hicky's strategy.
    I was joking.

Registered Users Regular

Really through take Hick`s advice.

I Have Returned... (Sucks For You!) =D Haruhara Haruko's Avatar

You can also catch a Makuhita and evolve it...I'm not sure if that's entirely helpful, but it's kind of easy.
    ^Made By EarthDragon! Thank-you!^

I Hate You, You Hate Me... ~<3

Dragontamer Cullin

What do you mean that your having truble with your dads GYM. I mean all you have to do is know how to raise your pokemon and it will do what you want

Pokémon Professor Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer Cullin View Post
    What do you mean that your having truble with your dads GYM. I mean all you have to do is know how to raise your pokemon and it will do what you want
    Excuse him, he doesn't know that much about R/S/E.

I thought I already said this, but I guess it was erased with that memory wipe.

Choose a Torchic as your starter and train it alone until it hits level 16. It should then evolve and have these moves: Double Kick, Peck, Ember, Scratch/Focus Energy/Cut

Use it against Roxanne and she should fall faster than, well, let's just say it: a rock.

When you hit Dewford, go into the cave and catch a Sableye. While Combusken's Peck will do wonders, you can afford to take your time against Brawly if you use Sableye (Sure, Dark would normally be weak against Fighting, but Ghost is invincible to Fighting and Normal-type moves.)

Just keep training these two, and Norman won't stand a chance.