Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for staunch Anti-Evolutionists

Default Question for staunch Anti-Evolutionists

How do you explain there being black people and white people?

God did not create all men equally.

I really hope someone come to defend anti-evolutionism in here.

Christians do not believe in evolution because the Bible says God created man in his own image. Since Christianity is obviously monotheistic, there is only ONE image to create. But look around anywhere - Cuacasians, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians - different skin colors, facial structure, and physical proportions.

Now, Science would explain this as adaptation to better fit the weather and environment, with Blacks, from Africa, needing more pigments to protect from the sun, and the humans who migrated up to Europe needed less because of the cold. But this IS evolution.

So ...?

God dropped some of the humans in tar pits, but rescued them. Not wanting some others to get jeolous, he pulled out brown paint. He made many watch Jennifer Lopez movies until their eyes squinted and dicks shrank, shipped them off to Asia.

Simple enough. Obvioulsy, I'm pro-evolution.
    -.---.----..

Buckweat

He created them in his image, but he gave them the ability to adapt so they aren't constricted to one space. They were originally all one color.

Okay then you agree with evolution.

That IS evolution. Physical adaptation to better fit your environment. EVOLUTION.

We just finished up our evolution unit in school. Not believing in it is absoultey ridiculous.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Do we really need another lure for sasuke to defend himself?

jimmy im really not sure what point you were trying to make posting that

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    jimmy im really not sure what point you were trying to make posting that
    Black people are physically hardier than white.

still not seeing the point behind that. this has already been explained. are you taking a side. WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT MAN

Leader of the 7 Sins of PD: Dante Espeonmaster's Avatar

I'd have to do some research on this, but I remember hearing way back when in Sunday school or something that everyone was orginally the same, and spoke the same language, but that God split them up and that they began speaking different languages.

As I said this was a while ago so I'll have to look this up and confirm this being from the Bible and not some theory, so don't take that as a definate answer yet.
    Bishies Claimed: Ed~Rose~Armony~Dante
    ~Mikey ^.^
    Pairs: DSX*Pichubro*Red

I'm too sexy for my shirt Kryzoz's Avatar

Not to intrude, but in response to the last poster: the reference to God spliting up people and confounding languages can be found in genesis chapter 11
    -Kryzoz
    I'm bringing sexy forward

Leader of the 7 Sins of PD: Dante Espeonmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kryzoz View Post
    Not to intrude, but in response to the last poster: the reference to God spliting up people and confounding languages can be found in genesis chapter 11
    -Kryzoz
    Many thanks. I'll go read that before I post in this thread again.

Edit: I was talking to my friend about this and she gave her point of view:

Buckethead ^^ says:
    well you could look at it this way...
    Buckethead ^^ says:
    God created men all equal
    Buckethead ^^ says:
    And in their environment, their bodies changed to their surroundings.
    Buckethead ^^ says:
    Yeah you could call that "Evolution" in a way..

When she says you could call it evolution in a way, I think she means different from the "We came from apes" thing. Earlier in our conversation she said:

Buckethead ^^ says:
    Think of it this way..
    Buckethead ^^ says:
    if evolution was true..
    Buckethead ^^ says:
    The apes in the zoo would have evolved into humans by now
    Buckethead ^^ says:
    and humans would have evolved into more supieror beings..

Just making sure you don't think she's for evolution. Anyway I gotta get off the computer now so while I'm off I'll look this up.
    Bishies Claimed: Ed~Rose~Armony~Dante
    ~Mikey ^.^
    Pairs: DSX*Pichubro*Red

When she says you could call it evolution in a way, I think she means different from the "We came from apes" thing. Earlier in our conversation she said:
    Why? Evolution occurs over MILLIONS of years. Evolution is just a subtle changing of traits. Very subtle. Say the ancestors of giraffes had short necks, and most could not reach leaves. But like some humans are taller than others, some giraffes had slightly longer necks, and could eat the leaves. The ones who could not eat the leaves died, while the long necks lived, passing on their long necked genes, etc etc. Over MILLIONS of years and generations, subtle changes like that will add up to an entirely different appearence, like if you go up with someone your whole life, you wont notice changes too much, but when you see a picture from 10 years ago ...

Buckethead ^^ says:
    and humans would have evolved into more supieror beings..
    Humans have been around for how long? Not very long at all. Again, evolution is an extremely long process.

Buckethead ^^ says:
    The apes in the zoo would have evolved into humans by now
    Apes in the zoo have what they need to sustain them, thereby saving them from natural selection. The jungles of Africa still have what is needed to sustain them, so there are still some apes around. Not all apes have to evolve, just the ones who were split up into an environment with harsher natural selection which kills of more unfavorable genes.

I have no problem with someone no believing evolution, but when they try to debate it sceintifically, it's usually pretty stupid. Hell, I do consider myself a Christian.

What Tim said (can i call you tim?) is true evolution occurs over millions and millions of years... Apes at the zoo live what 20 years? they change becuase they have to survive... Evolution can be call in a way- mutation, evolution is mutation so that they can survive...

wow, i know, maybe the bible writer guy forgot god creates everything, so maybe god created evolution. just a comment, i mean, evolution makes more sense, and god creates everything, so god HAD to make evolution.

wow. i just made actual sense.
    derp

Erebussoul

okay, I think we should clarify what you consider evolution, because you can go with the whole, we came from apes thing, or you can go smaller scale and use the theory that evolution is simply a change in the gene pool of a population. For anyone who's not that biology savvy a population is a group of organisms belonging to a similar species and in a restricted area. Thinking in this way then there is no way to discredit evolution, because even if god did create us in his image it is nearly impossible for us to have the same genetic structure throughout many generations.

i agree.
    derp

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I really hope someone come to defend anti-evolutionism in here.

Christians do not believe in evolution because the Bible says God created man in his own image. Since Christianity is obviously monotheistic, there is only ONE image to create. But look around anywhere - Cuacasians, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians - different skin colors, facial structure, and physical proportions.

Now, Science would explain this as adaptation to better fit the weather and environment, with Blacks, from Africa, needing more pigments to protect from the sun, and the humans who migrated up to Europe needed less because of the cold. But this IS evolution.

So ...?
    First off, even as a Catholic, I don't believe God is a bipedal ape with peripheral vision and two thumbs. So I disagree with quite a majority of Christians on that account. For this reason, I also believe that those we consider extraterrestrials, whether they be the grays or those creepy blonds are not from other planets at all. They're either intraterrestrials, our equivalent from a paralell universe or time travelers from the future; either way, they're human to some extent.

Second, desPite our interracial diferences, all humans are capable of interbreeding. The same with dogs, the most physically diverse animals on the planet (although I have heard that Chihuahuas are incapable of breeding with wolves. I'll have to look into that.) My mother is a creationist. She believes in evolution to the extent of helping a sPecies adapt but not to the degree where one sPecies can become another entirely, esPecially when it comes to humans.

A Theistic Evolutionist myself, I tinker with the idea that God does not want us to have proof of him, otherwise, there's no point in having faith. Since scientists would easily be able to prove that everything just sort of sPrang into existence over the course of seven days, we managed to develop from what could have been next to nothing over hundreds of millions of years to give God plausible deniability.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    First off, even as a Catholic, I don't believe God is a bipedal ape with peripheral vision and two thumbs. So I disagree with quite a majority of Christians on that account. For this reason, I also believe that those we consider extraterrestrials, whether they be the grays or those creepy blonds are not from other planets at all. They're either intraterrestrials, our equivalent from a paralell universe or time travelers from the future; either way, they're human to some extent.
    I'm just gonna go to one part of your post.

You believe in time travel and parallel universes, but not in creatures from other planets? The latter is more likely to happen because you can't deny that Earth is only planet out of who knows how many planets in the universe that has life.

I agree with you that they might be humans to some extent, but that might be as simple as both of us having cells. The 'extraterrestrials' might need to survive in another way, but that doesn't mean that can't visit Earth for a little look around.

You misunderstand me. I did not say I don't believe in Alien life, in fact I barely consider the possibility that there ISN'T alien life plausible. My point was that sentient visitors from other planets wouldn't look so human. Streamlined, vertical bipeds with most all of our anatomy in the same place we have it from facial features to size and proportions. Compare a shrimp to a T-rex to an elephant to a cobra and you'll get a basic idea of how varied life on Earth has been. And that's just animal life.

You telling me that of all the possible shapes and forms intelligent extraterrestrial visitors could have evolved, they're gonna look like anorexic humans with big black eyes? I find that farfetched.

Well, let me just say that my biology class this year is very interesting. Our teacher won't teach from the books on evolution vs. creation... he says it's just a bunch of propaganda. So he gives us both sides' arguments and lets us decide for ourselves.

Anyway, we just talked about this yesterday. Light skin is a recessive trait. So two dark-skinned people could have the trait for light skin. So say Adam and Eve had medium-colored skin. This Punnett square will give you a basic idea of what their children could be:

Genes for skin blend more that others, so if Adam and Eve each had one for light skin and one for dark, they would have a 25% chance of having a very dark-skinned child (DD), a 50% chance of having a child with medium skin (dD, Dd), and a 25% chance of having a light-skinned child (dd). As you see, dark is the dominant trait.
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
    "you are gay furthermore you like sex with men" ~god

One of the Seven Deadly Sins of PD: Femme Greed

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

XD, I remember Punnett Squares from just last year. But ain't this a bit of a bump?
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

So? I had an answer for the question right off the top of my head... so I answered it.
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
    "you are gay furthermore you like sex with men" ~god

One of the Seven Deadly Sins of PD: Femme Greed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast