Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 68 of 68

Thread: Question for staunch Anti-Evolutionists

  1. #51
    May the Holy Church prosper Kitty_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    86

    Default

    In my opinion, as a deeply religious Christian, God created humans as equals, but thought they should have diversity, therefore gave some people different skin tones and set them off into the world to edapt and grow. Maybe some grew more pale or darker based off of the sun, but just because people look different doesn't mean God doesn't neccisarily exist.

  2. #52
    May the Holy Church prosper Kitty_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
    God dropped some of the humans in tar pits, but rescued them. Not wanting some others to get jeolous, he pulled out brown paint. He made many watch Jennifer Lopez movies until their eyes squinted and dicks shrank, shipped them off to Asia.

    Simple enough. Obvioulsy, I'm pro-evolution.

    That is just rude, cocky and arrogent

  3. #53
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Evolution, by Webster's definition is change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift. Having the pigmentation in your skin changed by the sun and thus having it encoded into your gene pool is evolution.

  4. #54
    May the Holy Church prosper Kitty_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    86

    Default

    That's wonderful if that is what you believe, but just because you believe it doesn't mean you have to try to force it down my throat and try to renounce my faith as nothing more then fake stories.

  5. #55
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    What the hell? I pointed out a flaw in your statement with a counterpoint. It's called debating. If I was shoving it down your throat, then I would have said much more strongly and much more often than that.

  6. #56
    May the Holy Church prosper Kitty_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    86

    Default

    You just seem like every other strong pro-evolution jerk who has to have it his way or not. You seem not to take this thread seriously, so I figured you wouldn't be making it serious when you responded to what I said

  7. #57
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    By believing in evolution I'm suddenly a jerk? I'm a jerk for actually using my mind to follow scientific logic as opposed to pig-headedly follow a religion in blind faith?

  8. #58
    May the Holy Church prosper Kitty_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    86

    Default

    No, read my post again. I was comparing you to the rest of the strong believers in evolution that love to disprove us Christians for fun. Because quite frankly, you give off that kind of attitude.

  9. #59
    May the Holy Church prosper Kitty_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Don't ever call it blind faith, God has a reason for everything and I believe whole heartily in it.

  10. #60
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    It's because about 95% of you give off the kind of attitude that if I trifled with you, I would have quite a bit of fun.

  11. #61
    May the Holy Church prosper Kitty_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Like I said before, you get joy out of toying with my faith

  12. #62
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Then make a reasonable counterpoint to make me second guess at taking stabs at it, or to just take you seriously.

  13. #63
    May the Holy Church prosper Kitty_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Evolution, by Webster's definition is change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift. Having the pigmentation in your skin changed by the sun and thus having it encoded into your gene pool is evolution.

    So, am I suppose to believe a biased dictionaries words? Yes, I do believe that the sun has much to do with the pigmentation, but thats it. If there is any coding in the gene pool supporting skin tone, then I would have to say that it is caused from living in the sun's conditions. This explains easily why people in Africa have such a dark skintone, they live in a land that is very hot, while people in England and Europe tend to have lighter skin based off of the cooler temperatures.

  14. #64
    Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    who knows
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_Warrior View Post
    That's wonderful if that is what you believe, but just because you believe it doesn't mean you have to try to force it down my throat and try to renounce my faith as nothing more then fake stories.
    He was simply countering your point, how is that jamming it down your throat?

  15. #65
    Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    who knows
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_Warrior View Post
    So, am I suppose to believe a biased dictionaries words? Yes, I do believe that the sun has much to do with the pigmentation, but thats it. If there is any coding in the gene pool supporting skin tone, then I would have to say that it is caused from living in the sun's conditions. This explains easily why people in Africa have such a dark skintone, they live in a land that is very hot, while people in England and Europe tend to have lighter skin based off of the cooler temperatures.
    You do realize there is more physical differences between black and white people than pigmentation right?

  16. #66
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,755

    Default

    I don't think anyone is trying to argue that God doesn't exist as the premise of this thread. Just that it is impossible for people to actually think they can logically debate against evolution. If you believe something it is simply a belief, and you don't try to pass it off as fact, then that's fine.

  17. #67
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_Warrior View Post
    So, am I suppose to believe a biased dictionaries words? Yes, I do believe that the sun has much to do with the pigmentation, but thats it. If there is any coding in the gene pool supporting skin tone, then I would have to say that it is caused from living in the sun's conditions. This explains easily why people in Africa have such a dark skintone, they live in a land that is very hot, while people in England and Europe tend to have lighter skin based off of the cooler temperatures.
    That is evolution. Even after blacks have moved and lived in America for a few hundred years now, and likewise in Europe, they stay the same color. It's been encoded into their gene pool, thus showing evolution.

  18. #68
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_Warrior View Post
    Don't ever call it blind faith, God has a reason for everything and I believe whole heartily in it.
    All faith is blind. Otherwise, it wouldn't be faith. It would be logical predictions. God may have a reason for everything from Cancer to 9/11 but nobody people still tend to frown on those.


    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •