Thread: I HATE IT when

Hybrid View

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

Default I HATE IT when

Americans try to do anime and manga. American manga/anime always sucks and reeks of the American influence. I love my country and all, but they should leave that stuff to the Japanese. Especially manga... Some American manga I've read, like Divalicious!, My Cat Loki, and others are horrible. Especially My Cat Loki. Oh my god, that was the most horrible manga I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

The main character was a fucking pussy. And has a girly name (Amaya or something like that..). 3 years after his cat died, he was not only still depressed over it, he would still boohoo and get all sad and hadn't painted (supposedly one of his favorite things) a bit in those three years that his kitty had been gone. Then he finds this nasty, mean old stray and takes it in cuz he has a soft spot for it, and the cat very obviously hates him, hates everything he does, causes trouble for him, and even utterly destroys the guy's favorite paintbrush. On and on, you probly aren't interested, blah blah blah... Probably the worst thing about it was the main character. The main character of any story (manga, novel, etc.) absolutely cannot be a wuss. If your main character is a wuss, he's not interesting. He probably shirks any kind of duty, responsibility, adventure-type thing, etc. The only time a wussy character is interesting, is when you can see that they are changing and making improvements. Even so, these kinds are usually secondary or tertiary characters, and eventually become better, and maybe even likable. Amaya or whatever doesn't seem like he's improving (much if at all), plus he's the main character, not secondary or whatever. It just doesn't work. It was horrible. I hated it. (Also, the artwork wasn't the most attractive >.>)

Anyway.

Discuss.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

So he's passionate about his cat.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

You know, Avatar is a pretty good non-anime. It's created in AMerica but it's produced (the actual art) in Korea and has a lot of Asian culture in it so it seems to have that anime 'feel' to it.

Leader of the 7 Sins of PD: Dante Espeonmaster's Avatar

I have yet to find an American manga I like. They try to incorporate Japanese or Asian culture into it to make it more realistic, but it's just not the same as real manga. Example being Mail Order Ninja. They call it manga but if you look at the art it's an effin cartoon. =-_-"= So far I've only seen bad stuff come from Tokyo Pop, but I've also seen good stuff (Fruits Basket) come from them.
    Bishies Claimed: Ed~Rose~Armony~Dante
    ~Mikey ^.^
    Pairs: DSX*Pichubro*Red