Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debate: Wii vs. PS3

Hybrid View

Buckweat

Default Debate: Wii vs. PS3

I'm sure everyone's played both by now. Which one's better?

Advanced Trainer

Their both lame.

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    Their both lame.

the wii isnt good yet, until they release the zapper and some shooters like medal of honor and resident evil 5.

but out of the three xbox360 definitley wins.

monkeyvirus

okay well a PS3 has absolutely gorgeous graphics and no matter what people say that can make or break a game. However the Wii has far better games such as LOZ:TP which is amazing and Wario Ware which have appealed to all ages.

Frankly the PS3 price tag is a major drawback and if u want sweet visuals with slightly more serious gameplay (not that ninty doesnt do it but its less common and it doent quite reach the levels of the PS games, resi evil 4 being a notable exception to this statement) just go buy a 360. Which is cheap, good to look at and has the maturer gameplay you PS fans generally want.

also Kelsh how was that in anyway helpful to a debate about which is better?

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Well, I've never played a PS3, so my side is more on the Wii.

But, look at the facts.

In the PS3 launch, there was only one quality game to buy with the PS3: Resistance, Fall of Man. Then there was a giant pricetag and even bigger ones on Ebay. Plus, there have been reports that PS2 games don't even work on the PS3. Sure, it looks nice, but are graphics when games are boring or don't work? But, I'm sure people will start buying the PS3 when new Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts games come out. But who knows how long that will take?

In the Wii launch however, there was a smooth line of buyers and a better selection of good games to buy such as Legend of Zelda. And, you can still play GC games on it. If not one for graphics, the Wii's all about putting the fun back in games. Because that's what games are supposed to be: Fun. Not filled with half hour long cutscenes and boring characters.
    The Wii even is low on systems and extra controllars and such right now. People are still wanting to buy one, and with SSBB on the way, that's pretty understandable. I don't know anyone who hasn't had fun playing a SSB game. Nintendo is really rasing their game and fan base.

Advanced Trainer

I just don't think either of them is waste of my dad's money. Fuck, I spent most of my parents money on the DS which isn't that great. Then again, I'm not much of a gamer.

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

PS3 is tanking due to Sony's arrogance. It has few games for it and I don't expect many more due to it's lack of sales. The Wii is much better if you like mini games as that seems to be what 90% of it's stuff is. 360 is currently the leader with it's good graphics, decent price, and large game selection.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

X Box is terrible.

Xbox is horrible, I much rather have a wii... which i have. and besides i have always been a nintendo fan

Advanced Trainer

I want a Nintendo 64. I broke mine a year ago. No more pokemon stadium for me.

A year down the line i'll make a judgement. Too soon to tell.

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

I've never liked Sony, except for Crash Bandicoot 2 on the PS1, and that was only when I didn't have an N64 to play.

Microsoft is certainly in the lead with all the Xbox has to offer, with nice graphics and interesting games.

However, I've always considered Nintendo the top dog of all things video game. While they aren't graphics gurus or anything like that, their systems are comparitively inexpensive, still lots of fun, and tend to be more unique as well (i.e., Pokemon, Mario, etc. Very original, good, entertaining ideas ^^). Also, the Wii's controllers are most excellent. I've been waiting for years for a game system for which you need to get off your ass for. I love how interactive the remote-nunchuk (spelling?) combination is.
    But anyway that's really just my opinion. ^^
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

monkeyvirus

but if u want and indepth experience ninty can b a bit too quirky and with a sort of pick-up-and-play mentality which maybe die-hard gamers aren't into. As far as I know all my mates who r on the quikier side of life have Wiis and those who r hardened gamers and want a more realistic epic have 360s

as a happy medium i'm going to aquire a 360 and have both XD

i do have one friend with a PS3 but shes loaded i mean frankly ud have to b pretty rich to afford a PS3 which is probably its downfall cause the Wii also had a pretty lame starting selection there was LOZ, Wario Ware and uh a pile of crap.

There's no real debate in a topic like this since it's impossible to verify objectively which machine is the 'best'. I've yet to actually see a ZZ vs YY console forum topic which didn't deteriorate into a fanboy's shitstorm resulting in bans and suspensions.
    It's her opinion that both are lame and neither are the best. You gave your opinion, she gave hers.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyvirus View Post
    but if u want and indepth experience ninty can b a bit too quirky and with a sort of pick-up-and-play mentality which maybe die-hard gamers aren't into. As far as I know all my mates who r on the quikier side of life have Wiis and those who r hardened gamers and want a more realistic epic have 360s

as a happy medium i'm going to aquire a 360 and have both XD

i do have one friend with a PS3 but shes loaded i mean frankly ud have to b pretty rich to afford a PS3 which is probably its downfall cause the Wii also had a pretty lame starting selection there was LOZ, Wario Ware and uh a pile of crap.
    I know plenty of die-hard gamers who have at least two next gens consoles which usually include a wii. Die-hard gamers went for Legend of Zelda, which isn't just a 'pick-up-and-play' game by your phrase.

Not to mention, that the 360 was out a year before the other two, so people had more time to buy one. If they came out at the same time, I'm pretty sure the wii would've been the top-seller. Because Nintendo's sales are catching up pretty fast to Microsoft's.

Sony is just dying. The PSP hasn't been sucessful unlike the DS and the PS3 has about two games right now that make up for the price.

monkeyvirus

nintendos sales are owning all others 40 mil DSs and 5.84 mil Wiis

and the point remains what if you don't like zelda and wanted the more long-haul game would you buy a Wii? no you wuldnt and the point is most ppl who have a Wii or 360 want the other one as well for the other's merits

but as you say the PS isn't doing so well and please enlighten me as to what games could possibly make-up for the price?

and i did not mean zelda was a pick-up-and-play game sorry if it looked like that my bad

and the point remains what if you don't like zelda and wanted the more long-haul game would you buy a Wii? no you wuldnt and the point is most ppl who have a Wii or 360 want the other one as well for the other's merits
    No, I wouldn't. If I didn't like Zleda, I'd probably wait for Metroid or something.

but as you say the PS isn't doing so well and please enlighten me as to what games could possibly make-up for the price?
    Well, right now, the only 'good' games I've heard of for the PS3 is Lair and Resistance. Most of the other games are mediocure at best.

monkeyvirus

lol yeah me too id jus wait for metroid, its getting hard for me to proove my point cos im a ninty fan-girl but im trying to b as unbiased as i can

but i guess the conclusive answer is the wii has gd (and soon will have evn better games) while the PS3 has hardly any and is too expensive

any argument with that?

hiro

asking whch is better a ps3 or a wii is like askin would you like to be beatin up or treated like royalty,as most of you have said,sales and popularity r on the wii's side,the ps3 is failing because of sony's arrogance and its refusal to admit they have a problem,

i have been a nintendo fan since the NES was released.frankly they have never let me down.ever.and at this point in gaming they are really the only constant on the gaming world.being around since the mid 80's

personally i think every gamer should have one.even as a companion to the 360.it offers a new way to experience and play games.and that is true next gen in my opinion

i have a wii and i may evenually purchase a 360.but as far as the ps3.sony let me down.i expected alot out of it.and it shows no hopes of recovery

happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar

Sony will bounce back once the four games that everyone wants come out, I have planned on buying it becuase of those 4 games ever since I heard of it existence. Those games being kingdom hearts 3, final fantasy 13, final fantasy 13 vs, and final fantasy 7 remake. Those games will change everything.
    Greatness Reincarnated

Erebussoul

I think that "next-gen" really applies to more than just the consoles style and capabilities. It's also a show that each company is diverging in it's own unique niche in the video game world. Nintendo is filling the fun loving, memorable characters and completely engrossing gameplay spot. Xbox is dominating online play with FPS's, and is cruising as the cheap, graphically strong console. PS3, though it hasn't quite found it's stride, will eventually come out as the luxury car of video games, they will corner the hardcore gamers who can spend years on one game, final fantasy gamers I'm looking at you, haha. So in closing all of the video game systems are best at what they aimed to do, so there can't really be a best system, unless you break it down into certain categories.

There is no comparison. The Wii is crushing the PS3 in sales. People simply don't want to pay such a high cost for a bad gaming system.
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

I think sony should have waited to release the PS3. They could've made more games for it, and made it backward compatible. They didn't test long enough. The Wii, though, had been in devolpment since E3 2005.
    derp

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

Guys why must you keep on patronizing the ps3? I admit I haven't played either but I'm equally in favor with both consoles.

Sure the PS3 has drastic price. mmmhm. That's more because of the Blu Ray which therefore enables more space in game discs for graphics and lengthwise ideals. Such as perhaps extended gameplay.

And of course you can't say "lol i don't care much about graphics it's all about the gameplay". To a degree that's true. But what if the game centered around a vivid, lushful atmosphere consisting of an abundance of flora, wouldn't it be expected to have state-of-the-art graphics for such? Admittedly, the eye candy doesn't substitute for a good game, but it's something nice to have.

The Wii shows promising novelties such as an innovative controller, and wonderful choice of games, I have to admit. And it's clearly outselling Sony. Yes. Mario continues to show great promise as well as Twilight Princess clearly bringing wonder.

In my perspective, the line ups for the upcoming games (FFXIII, FF v. XIII, KH3, R&C5, Tekken 6, DMC 4) shows great promise and hopefully will redeem Sony.

All a spectator's view.

Sony won E3 hands down.

Microsoft relied almost solely on Halo 3 and Nintendo didn't have many 'hard-core games' according to most people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast