Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Default Abortion

I find this topic to be one of the most important ones in this day and age. What are your opinions on it? What about Stem Cells? Pro-life or Pro-choice?
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Advanced Trainer

Well, it matters in the situation. If your say, about twelve years of age and was raped then I think abortion is fine. I mean, the girl isn't even through middle school and they can't drop out. And during pregnancy they can't really go to school, right?

I'm too sexy for my shirt Kryzoz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    Well, it matters in the situation. If your say, about twelve years of age and was raped then I think abortion is fine. I mean, the girl isn't even through middle school and they can't drop out. And during pregnancy they can't really go to school, right?
    I agree. If the world was not the way it is this day and age, we would not need to have abortions. On the other hand, using abortions as a birth control is not an option in my opinion. I firmly stand on middle ground regarding this issue. It depends entirely on the situation and nothing else.
    I'm bringing sexy forward

Pro-Life and Pro-Choice are fucking stupid terms. I'm pro-life and pro-choice. I don't support the use of Abortion but I would not make a law against it. I would keep up and maybe toughen laws regarding the developmental regulation(need to look into them because i dont know the specifics) and nothing regarding abortion would be at all covered on a government health plan, but I would not all out illegalize them.

As a man i'm not allowed to comment really.

I will say however it's an invidual choice and should remain so. Too many people want to control everyone to their way of thinking way too much for my taste. If a family in LA wants to abort a child, that's their call and not some whiny white woman in new yorks choice.

Most of the people against abortion are women that can't get pregnant in the first place. I would have quoted Carlin to be funny, but this is serious discussion.

I agree with you, the freedom of choice is one of the foundation pillars of this country. Denying people the option of an abortion reminds me of some sort of undemocratic hell hole with oppressive dictators
    For my special touch.

I'm too sexy for my shirt Kryzoz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Denying people the option of an abortion reminds me of some sort of undemocratic hell hole with oppressive dictators
    Welcome to America
    I'm bringing sexy forward

You could argue that's like saying denying people's right to rape children is undemocratic and autocratic. I wouldn't, but some could.

There's a fine line between raping children and abortion. Although some fools will call abortion horrible murder, it's not. And it's in no way related to child abuse
    For my special touch.

LL2

I'll have to agree with Mex

Good to hear.
    For my special touch.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Pro-Life and Pro-Choice are fucking stupid terms. I'm pro-life and pro-choice. I don't support the use of Abortion but I would not make a law against it. I would keep up and maybe toughen laws regarding the developmental regulation(need to look into them because i dont know the specifics) and nothing regarding abortion would be at all covered on a government health plan, but I would not all out illegalize them.
    I think that's the best way. I don't really care what other people do with their fetuses, but when I think about how abortions are performed, I have a hard time ever imagining that I would ever have one. But even though I'm uncomfortable with the idea, I see no reason to deny other women their right to their child. It's not the government's right to dictate what a woman does with her body no more than it's the government's right to not allow a man to get a vasectomy.

Advanced Trainer

Haha. I want my mom to type in this.

Registered Users Regular Day Dreamer's Avatar

i don`t like abortions very much. maybe cuz i had a close person to me have it. but, it's not my life to care about how other people do to their babies. but, i think most people shouldn't be doing abortions, unless within reason. like if someone was to lazy to use a condom or birth control pills, and wanted an abortion, i think that's kinda stupid. like someone said before, if you got raped at a young age, then i think it's ok. but i still don't like abortions. and i'm pretty much against them, but oh well.
    --- Joined ---
    November 15, 2005 [at the old forum]

"An affirmation of struggle
    Like wolves closing in for the kill
    Making holy our war immortal this glorious night
    A brotherhood of iron - falling in we march
    Shout into the star shattered Dawn..."

happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar

Have you heard of those things that have the name orphanage, they help really good.
    Greatness Reincarnated

Registered Users Regular Day Dreamer's Avatar

well, some of those are sucky and gay. i had some friends that lived in one and they say they hate it more than anything. but theres some nice ones, but the ones around where i live, suck.
    --- Joined ---
    November 15, 2005 [at the old forum]

"An affirmation of struggle
    Like wolves closing in for the kill
    Making holy our war immortal this glorious night
    A brotherhood of iron - falling in we march
    Shout into the star shattered Dawn..."

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I'm neutral on abortion.

I respect other people's wishes on what to do with their offspring, planned or not. I might consider abortion if I'm not ready or do not have the time or money to care for a child.

And, I believe abortion is not exactly "murder" as some say, but it is kinda helping with the population problem. We do not need more people on the planet, but I will not go out and say "Stop having childern!"

Sorry if I sound unclear in anything, for abortion is just a really hard topic for me to talk about.

If only we could breed humans that couldn't accidentally have children.

I thought I'd open up with a pipe dream. Anyhoo, a couple of weeks back, I found myself in the same room as my mom watching EWTN The Catholic channel for about an hour. I've always been middle ground myself but now I'm leaning towards pro-choice just to stick it to these preachy, self-righteous assclowns. If you holier than thou jagoffs wanna save lives and give kids a chance to grow up and be president, why don't you start with the ones who've already been born! Seriously, make the world a better place for kids to grow up in and for parents to raise them in before you overpopulate us with competition for our resources raised by people who knew they had no business parenting kids!

King Shadow

In a way I agree with nidogod, there are too many people. Before we know it this whole damned planet will be a city. You'd be able to kill 100,000 people and instead of people calling it genocide they'd call it a relief saying that there's finally some elbow room.

Before we know it this whole damned planet will be a city.
    An Ecumenopolis would be pretty cool. We would have to harvest resources from another planet and get energy from the sun, though.

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    I find this topic to be one of the most important ones in this day and age. What are your opinions on it? What about Stem Cells? Pro-life or Pro-choice?
    i've loved the idea about stem cells for a long time. i think that regrowth of tissue can save many lives and help humans live even longer lives.

and abortion is great. especially when your condom breaks.

King Shadow

condoms are for those who can't keep it in their pants until they get married, it's their own fault.

condoms are a blessing, i dont know what you're talking about.

King Shadow

You're a pervert.

You're a virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast