Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Of Hope and Despair (Pokemon, High Literate)

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

Notice

Little Leaf, elaborate on your profile. Otherwise it's acceptable.

All of the profiles are acceptable, not quite as elaborate as I would have wanted, but it's acceptable.

---

I will announce when the RP will start later on.

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

peeks answer my question >=O

I ain't redoing my whole profile for nothing >_>

repeat the question!

"oh so I can make a half?"

oui, tu peux

yay

-is a sucker for morphs-

Tell me if this is suitable, please, Peeki.

Profile Rubric:
    Name - Maxine Collins (Somewhat significant: "The Gaelic version of the name COLLINS name is O' CoileŠin, which means a young dog.")
    Age - 18
    Sex - Female
    Active Era - Mid Genesis Era [2345]
    Allegiance - Somewhat neutral, but closest to Humanitarians [2345] (however, she doesn't quite fit [see below]).

Appearance - A Growlithe Pokemon-Human. She's of average height with a muscular build. Her skin is a creamy pale tone with a tinge of orange on her back and partway onto her limbs, with stripes of dark brown on her back, marking her like a Growlithe. Her mottled hair is a mix of blondes, reds, and browns. She has a bushy tail and Growlithe ears. Both have fur. Leaving the ears, fur becomes hair; likewise, leaving the tail, the fur simply thins out until it's merely normal human body hair. Her hands and feet take the shape of human hands, but they have Growlithe-like pads on the bottom along with more claw-like nails. Her teeth are also more fang-like than human teeth.

Personality - Holds a deep bitterness and disgust towards her parents for making her who she is. Bitter towards both the humans and Pokemon who ridiculed her. Bitter towards the "disgusting" creatures like her. Longs to cause pain to both sides, hoping to make them understand her own pain.
    She feels a repulsion even to her own self. She looks in the mirror, wondering what she deserved to be like this.
    She acts according to her own conscience, as she's never truly trusted the advice of others. Her actions reflect her bitterness toward all those around her. She is often sulky and, at times, impulsive and vengeful.
    Deep down and subconsciously, she is looking for love, something she has been forever unable to truly find.

Pokemon Personality - n/a

History - Her parents, a female human and male Arcanine, conceived her in their lusty youth, unprepared for parenthood. They consistently paid more attention to eachother than to her.
    In public, she was an outcast, unaccepted by humans and pokemon alike. When there were other half-breeds around, she preferred not to be around them, as they constantly reminded her of herself. She grew to have a deep loathing towards the idea of what her parents did, and thus have a disgust of herself. She'd even begun to wish that the races would merely separate themselves and keep their bloodlines pure, so that those like her wouldn't have to suffer existance. She is unsure whether to fight for this, as some are doing, or to remain neutral.
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
    "you are gay furthermore you like sex with men" ~god

One of the Seven Deadly Sins of PD: Femme Greed

wonderful profile, rg

that my folks is an example of a great profile. keep with the times.

Advanced Trainer

|ooc| ...Teachers pet.

you're just jealous; sign up already ms. kelsi ROWEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

OOC: Thankyeh very much, Peeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    |ooc| ...Teachers pet.
    Hahaha, I actually am with some of my teachers. But RPing is something I've been doing for a long time... it all starts way back in the early days of PD, before Mex, God, and many others. I liked writing, but I'd never RPed before. Then I made the wonderful discovery of the RP board and made some of my own, one of which was very sucessful and I plan on resurrecting.

And I'm anxious to start this.

Important notice:
    Walrus, Chrizz, Cool Latios, Ninetails 009, Espeon's Fury, LL2, pokeking, and RangerGirl.

These are the names who have profiles posted or have 'postholded'. You have received messages regarding a plot change in the RP. Kindly read it.

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

*has read* Sent a return PM regarding deletion of first character, will use my second one.
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Read. Will be posting my profile maybe tomorrow or the day after.

Registered Users Regular Day Dreamer's Avatar

Profile Rubric:
    Name - Ariel [I can't think of any names at the moment, so I'm just going to take a name from Disney!]
    Age - 17
    Sex - Female
    Active Era - Mid Genesis Era [2345]
    Allegiance - I don't if you have a side for it, but can she be like Pokemon who have strong hatred for humans?

Appearance - Has a body of a human but has Vaporeon tail. Other than that, she looks more like a human than a Pokemon. Light pale skin tone, blonde hair, and blue eyes. Wear mostly blue things, reflecting on the ocean and water.

Personality - Hates humans with a passion, but she loves Pokemon. Sometimes she is cold and distant, but most of the time, she is a very kind, depending if you're human or Pokemon.

Pokemon - Due to the fact she is [well half at least] she doesn't have one, nor have one.
    Pokemon Personality - n/a

History - Her mother is a Vaporeon and her dad is just a normal human. One night, he was drunk, and raped a Vaporeon, thinking it was a mermaid. [He thinks mermaids are cool and he's a fisherman who always wanted to catch one] Thus, the birth of Ariel came. After, her mother realized she was pregnant, she came to the fisherman and told him all about it. He said he would be there for her through all the pain and struggles of pregnancy. But she had to give him money to support his search for a mermaid. Being afraid her child will not have a father, she agreed. After the birth though, he left her and took all her money.

While Ariel was growing up, her mother would tell her all the stories about her father. Seeing her mother was so depress about it, she knew her father was a bad man. And that's what she thought of her father. Later, her mother died of depression of being raped and many other things.

Therefore, Ariel has a great dislike of being half human and humans. Wants them to die. And let them know that just because Pokemon were "tools" before and the humans were "masters" doesn't mean they'll always be that way.

OOC: Wanted to be original. =) Hope the profile's ok. If I made a mistake, please point it out cuz you probably know that I'm not that smart and don't understand things well.
    --- Joined ---
    November 15, 2005 [at the old forum]

"An affirmation of struggle
    Like wolves closing in for the kill
    Making holy our war immortal this glorious night
    A brotherhood of iron - falling in we march
    Shout into the star shattered Dawn..."

The Justice Knife Xion: The Master of Steel's Avatar

Name: Nitro
    Race: Pokemon Mix [Scizor/Electabuzz]
    Allegiance: Pokemon
    Appearance:

Personality: A deeply sarcastic being, he won't resist calling someone out on whatever they say. Intelligent in how he runs his small collection of 'filth', he doesn't bother himself with all the hype that surrounds what race you happen to be. He believes in living his life the way he wants to when he wants to, and he'll break anything or anyone that plans to prevent him from doing so. Arrogant to the point of driving someone mad in battle, he also happens to have the skill to back this up.

History: The spawn of a male Scizor and a female Electabuzz, he was born into an uncommon classification of species. Most arguments and actions occurred towards humans, pokemon, or human/pokemon beings. He stood within the few of the ranks of mixed pokemon. Even though humans had begun to intertwine their race with Pokemon, it was uncommon for pokemon to join with another of a different species. The humans saw this child as just another among the ranks of the filth, and the pokemon saw him as an odd creation, not able to be called a pokemon.
    Despite these circumstances against them, the two raised their child as one would expect, yet it would only be allowed for a short time, ending before he would come of the age of 3. Memories of this time are scarce, and as a whole, he really doesn't have much of an idea what the final fate of his parents was. All he knows is that after that night, he was alone to roam the world. Small and frightened by the large world he was now alone in, he wandered dark alleys and unsafe territory trying to find anything that he could call home. It would take him 10 years to find that place, and he would find it among an underground source of the few that are of the same kind as he was. After reaching a higher age of around 17, he began to gather them into a focused goal, to bring a sense of order to this group of capable souls that lacked direction and a defined leader. He became this leader, he gave them a goal, to preserve their freedom and to make themselves known. To uproot the society of any and all extremists, to sow chaos within their structures and within their souls, to aid those worthy and crush those unworthy. They don't seek to fit into society, they just want to exist.
    hi im xion [/stab] =THE JUSTICE KNIFE=
    THE GRAYLAND SQUADRON

Since ancient time, Saint Saffron was prominent. Her beauty rose from the quaint villages, to a bustling metropolis. The architects decided to reconstruct Her beauty to rekindle the days of ancient, when the skyscrapers were nil. This wonder stood strong. It hadn't ceased throughout the annals of time, it just grew stronger. The beauty of Her grace stood high. But of course, technology didn't rot whilst culture flourished. It blossomed greatly as well. What course of action led to such equality in achievements? I know not. Her kin, the Four Monarchs: Cerulean, Lavendar, Vermillion, and Fuschia were her guardians, and hindered any wholescale invasion.
    That was good.

Though grand, Saint Saffron does shed some tears. Conflict and controversy sparks chaos within her womb, I am saddened by this cause. But nay, hope still was there. Even in the shattered dreams, always a perfect piece realigns and put it back on its feet.

Saint Saffron's feet are weak, though. My heart aches with the mere notion of her weakness, why, her glory cannot be burdened by weakness; it will only hinder her ascent! But what... how should we realize her glory? I know not. We can just walk along that fine road, and knock out all the pebbles.

Peace and harmony will never exist. Why, it never did.

- Roland Saffron; Monarch of Saint Saffron, AD 2320 - AD 2345.

-----------------

IC:
    Sipping the hot, sweet chocolate from my mug, I glanced at the screen as it showed Roland's famous speech, "Misery". Pretty sad bugger if you ask me. But he's admirable. Instead of sugar coating it like the rest of these blokes do, he just says it to the point - okay poetically. But yeah, he's pretty awesome in a sense; pity he had to die.

Stretching my arms, I changed the channel and on was "The Adventures of Ash: A Legend of Old". Filthy bugger. They put that shit on?

"Ash was a pioneer in his days, only at the age of ten he had gone on an epic journey to travel the wo..."

I turned off the television in disgust. Bored out of my mind, I decided to take a walk outside. Carefully cased on top of a shelf next to where I was sitting was a shiny pokeball. Though different from the old ones shitty Ash had; it donned a chrome texture and stayed one size. Tapping the door of my apartment, it slided quietly to give way for me to pass through. Lazily walking out the doors I was welcomed by beauty.

In all honesty, with the shit going around here, it still is pretty beautiful.

I breathed the sweet air, and glanced at the quiet birds. Not Pokemon, filth like them aren't that beautiful. These were what we called Ancient Blessings; they were quiet birds which spoke neither the human or the pokemon tongue. They were beautiful. Why can't pokemon be as so?

Only mere seconds after my quiet walk I was welcomed by reality: the bustling cars travelled around me, everywhere. The noise of mechanisms roamed the ancient walls, as random advertisements spawned in front of the many wanderers. Amidst the chaos were tourists who came to glance at Saint Saffron's grace, they were in awe while glancing at Her Solemn pillars, gleaming perfect ivory in the scorching sun. Many snaps later, the hanging gardens amazed them to no end. It was normal for me, but still nice to look at. The citizens on the other hand were chattering like bees, and filth roamed the streets. My thirst needed attending to, but now, in this broad daylight, it would be foolish.

OOC: Are we supposed to use the first-person or the third-person? I'll just write in the third-person for now, and change if necessary.

IC:
    The grand highway between Saffron and Fuschia, normally a busy highway, full to the brim with high-tech vehicles, was empty and deathly quiet. Only the sound of the sea lapping up against the sand several hundred feet below and the muffled sound of grunting gave off any sort of sound to show that the world was still alive.

Several minutes passed before the grunting ceased and two figures, a boy and his Luxray, slowly climbed up onto the highway from the railings below.
    "Bah, this really wasn't the way to go," the boy, Vanthos, grumbled as he attempted to brush off some of the dirt that caked his white shirt. "If we'd succeeded in robbing that ole coot's bicycle store, we could've been here in no time flat if we took the bicycle road." The Luxray, Yutel, gave him a sympathetic look, but said nothing.
    "What's the matter? Aren't you gonna say something?" Vanthos scowled, looking annoyed. "Sympathize with me or something."
    "Well, if you want my opinion, I think we should've just stowed away on a ship headed for Vermillion, and then hiked from there to get to Saint Saffron," Yutel sighed, motioning to his friend to keep on walking. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to go up the bicycle road uphill? You might as well add lead weights to your feet." Vanthos said nothing, but looked away, almost in shame.

Several minutes of silence went by as the two slowly made their way down the highway. Finally, Vanthos spoke up.
    "I could never go to Vermillion. That's where she lives," he explained spitefully, clenching onto his pendant. "But it doesn't matter what path we take. As long as we get to Saint Saffron and manage to cause some chaos, I'm fine."

Name - Vinda Ashowd
    Age - People would estimate her age at about 20.
    Sex - Female
    Allegiance - Neutral. Acts as a mercenary, fights for whoever pays her the most.

Appearance - Being 5'7 tall, with long black hair, Vinda has every appearence of a human. The only mark that she has a thread of pokemon DNA in her is the faintly yellow circles on her legs and arms, which she hides under a long, blood red, hooded cloak, and her eyes. Not only does she have the ability to change them from black to a deep red, there is also something in them that makes people look twice. Something that tells them she's not all human.

Personality - Vinda is a woman who exsists solely for herself, and those pecious few who get close to her. Cynical and sarcastic, she'll do anything for money. She doesn't care if you're a pokemon, human, or something in between, she'll still put air in your head if someone will pay her for it.

History - Vinda's mother was a human, her father a hybrid Umbreon. She inherited her grandfathers ability to fade into the shadows, and because she's a semi-hybrid, she can change her eye colour from human-like black to Umbreonic red at will.
    Her parents left her with her uncle, who raised her and taught her that money is the only real power in the world. He also taught her to use her weapon of choice: a pair of steel claw-like instruments that fit over her hand and make every punch and swipe deadly.

OOC: Walrus, it's up to you how you want RP as.

IC:
    For some reason I was in a good mood, and in a good mood calls for me inclining myself to my... sympathetic side. I had never known I had one, but me being human calls for it, I guess.

I grabbed my pokeball and pushed the button - contrary to idiocy and other shit beliefs, throwing the pokeball won't let them out. Apparently Ash did so and it so happens to be timed right as the button met with the floor once it was thrown enthusiastically. Apparently that isn't the case here. Just one simple tap. Apparently though, in official tournaments, it was crucial for one to scream out their pokemon's name and throw the ball in such a childish manner for as they put it, it was "tradition". Bullshit.

A lovely sound of molecularization was at hand as the red light darting from the hollow sphere raged from it and formed into a Gallade.

It stood solemn, and bowed at me, and said, "My liege."

"Yeah yeah... thought you could have... some fresh air." It was difficult for me to show sympathy towards filth, but I had to somehow.

The masses didn't stare at me, neither the humans nor the pokemon did. It was normal for some pokemon to be under humans' control, and for some reason pokemon fought for their equality. I don't understand filth. They are fine with us controlling them but then they also resent it.

Deep in my thoughts, I walked while glancing high into the sky; it was beautiful during this time of day, the sun was high and the clouds swayed in the heavens. As I was engulfed in my own mind, I bumped into a woman, about 5'7 and with long black hair.

"Excuse me, fine madam."
    Last edited by Peeki; 07-09-2007 at 07:02 AM.

IC:
    I walked along the streets of Saint Saffron Citadel, looking for someone. The old man from Vermillion had told me that if I wanted well paid work cutting people new eye holes, I should come here and find Zantese. Some guy call Zantese.

I stopped to look around, having very little idea where to go. As I stood there, something ran into my back. I reflexively jumped to the side, turning to face whoever had run into me, my fingers automatically going to the latches that would release the claws I wore on my hands.

"Excuse me, fine madam."

Standing in front of me was a guy with blue hair, wearing a trench coat, with a Gallade standing next to him. I started. There was something about him that just annoyed me. 'Fine madam?' I though incredulously 'I'll wipe that smug-ass grin off his face...' My finger tightened on the latch of my right claw.
    'But if I stab this guy here, that pokemon would probably attack me, not to mention the street is full of people.' I thought, my gaze flicking from one to the other, then to the crowds that surrounded us, and I forced myself to calm down a bit.

"Excuse me" he said again, and I felt another surge of anger directed at his seemlying polite comment.

"Watch where you're walking, fool" I snarled at him, then kept walking, turning down the next side street I saw. I stoped, and backed into the shadows, waiting for him to walk past.
    Zantese could wait. I wanted to know why this guy annoyed me so.

Having finally arrived in Saint Saffron after a long, several-day hike, Vanthos and Yutel were all too happy to have finally reached civilization. Saint Saffron was bustling with activity, which was the environment in which Vanthos worked best. The more people there were, Vanthos found, the easier it was to pickpocket.

"Man, just look at this place!" Vanthos complained, making sure to stomp out some well-tended flowers next to what looked like a rather quaint cafe. "It makes me sick just to see all of these happy people. I bet they all have nice mansions and flashy cars, and never think once about anyone but themselves."
    "Probably," Yutel agreed, surveying the passerby. "Say, weren't you born in Saint Saffron? At least until your mother died?" Vanthos shifted uncomfortably, unwilling to bring up his long deceased mother.
    "I don't know," he finally admitted, twirling his greasy hair. "I was too young to remember. Hey, Yutel, look at that hag. Doesn't she just want to make you vomit?" With one slender finger, he pointed to a woman in a blood red cloak that stood not twenty feet away.
    "Hahaha, look at the crap she's giving to that guy," Vanthos continued, chuckling. "What a frigid bitch. I hate people like her. She reminds me of my sister, always giving guys a hard time for doing nothing." Impulsively, he picked up a smooth, grey rock from the ground and chucked it at the woman's head.
    "Bullseye!" Vanthos crowed happily. "My aim has really gotten better, dontcha think, Yutel?"

IC:
    "I dearly apologize for this inconvenience," I courteously bowed, "Good day, madam."
    I locked eyes with the woman. Her complexion donned an expression of somewhat repressed anger and annoyance. I distanced myself slowly away from that bottled rage and began walking again.

Her reaction was too... odd. No perhaps she was really startled... nevertheless, caution must be taken.

At the corner of my eye, I checked to see if I was being followed, and to my relief, I was not. Though, I did not let my guard down and was highly unexpectant of a rock whizzing through the air somewhere behind me. I decided to question Honor about some matters which bugged me.
    "Honor, since Roland has apparently died, any news on the new king?" I asked.
    "Nay, my liege." Honor replied, obediently.
    "I see. Any new developments in the Monarchy?"
    "There has been conflicts. But that's all I know."
    "I see."

The morning bustle was as annoying as ever. The noise always put me in a stingy mood and henceforth I decided to divert my walk from the busy streets into the secret alleyways, within cats' den.

It was dark. It was cool too. I loved it here. The wind was blowing at a soft pace, and the air smelled wet. Though that may disgust some, I loved the very stench of its coolness. I walked around, enjoying the wonder of the alleys, like a child walking through a field of roses.

pokeking

Ic:
    A ray of light fell across Echos face as the sun slowly drifted towards the horizon. Feeling the warmth upon his face Echo arose from his slumber. He stood up slowly as to make sure to not wake Rose who had laid next him just the morning before for warmth. Echo stretched out his wings preparing himself for the night ahead. "Damn scientist." And with that
    he leapt into the air pressing his wings down with all the force he could muster.

Echo rose higher into the sky, the air growing colder. He flew and flew until he was completely above the mountain itself. Below him was the peak of mount coronet. Upon the peak were ancient ruins that he uses to call home... until THEY came. Now the ruins are crawling with men in white coats using their pokemon slaves to dig further into the earth.

Normally Echo would leave these kinds of things alone but there was something these men had that he didnít like. They had a symbol. It was the symbol of the ones that had killed his parents.

IC: I wandered the outskirts of Lavender Town. I'd always hated the place. The nicest thing in it was the Pokemon Tower, and that seemed to be all people cared about. It had a manicured lawn and cutesy walkway; people came and went on a regular basis.

They never stayed, though. The rest of the town was a run-down mess, probably the least technologically advanced of all the towns in Kanto. Even the Volunteer Pokemon house, started hundreds of years before by Mr Fuji, was looking neglected. There were more orphaned Pokemon on the streets than within its walls. Only bums and and trashy types of people gravitated to the town, the ghetto of the region.

Today, the place had a particularly ominous air about it. The streets were near empty, other than the occasional shady-looking figure (or adversely, gaudy-looking woman) on a street corner. I suppose I almost fit in. I'd always dressed rather trashily; I didn't care much, anyway.

"No use staying arund this dump," I said to myself. I supposed I'd head towards Saffron.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast