Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sasuke

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Devil, it was an undeserving ban.

The posts you make directed towards me, a don't take seriously so don't even try. You're wasting your time, srsly and ffs. I scarcely think that you can shove my head up my ass, I've never seen it done. Unown5 deserved that ban, because he made suck ass posts, and SPAM, the bad type of it. Seems to me that TA makes bans amongst the opinions of others and because they tell you to, and also because of personal vendetta's.

WRONG WAY TO BE A MODERATOR, TEENAGEANGST.
    Į\(ļ_o)/Į
    where is miley cyrus when you need a hand job?

Unown5 deserved that ban, because he made suck ass posts, and SPAM, the bad type of it.
    Isn't this why sasuke72uchiha was banned? I don't think he was any worse than others, and personally I would have just restricted him from Misc. in particular for a few weeks, but I don't disagree totally with that was done.

I admit Sasuke can have pointless posts but that's still not good enough for a ban. Unown5 was bad, and I admit I'm not sad to see him go. Yes, Sasuke is my friend, and that is affecting my actions slightly.

Now, we're talking about his post quality getting him banned, yes? In such a case, I'm going to use one of the elites (who I know in real life) as an example. Dogar posted amazingly at first. Sasuke wasn't amazing but he wasn't bad when he was new. As time went on, Dogar's posts consisted of crap like "poop" or "vagina" and nothing more. You can't tell me Sasuke is as bad as that. Now I'm not bashing Dogar, he's apparently on again and who knows if he's changed. But Dogar wasn't banned. People laughed at him. Now if a noob came in and started posting "poop" all over Misc. you'd find it annoying, yes?

I don't see why Sasuke deserves this ban.

Even thought PD doesn't have set rules on the content of posts, maybe we should have rules on the quality of posts. This way Mods will have qualified reasons to discipline members.
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
    "you are gay furthermore you like sex with men" ~god

One of the Seven Deadly Sins of PD: Femme Greed

I scarcely think that you can shove my head up my ass, I've never seen it done.
    here you go

you replied to everything I told you, every time there was a situation like this. You made a post bigger than usual in my topic and happily denied my victory. Then after that you say this

The posts you make directed towards me, a don't take seriously so don't even try
    ahaha come on chrizzz this is obvious what you're doing. You replied to me, laughed at what I've told you, showing some power etc now you're suddenly "not affected" by me. This is a very good example of you getting your head straight up your ass. You ran out of words, ideas and energy so you are using the lame exit card. You have nothing else to argue with so you pretend it didn't reach you. I clearly proved what you stand for wrong and declined all your points. You did fight back in my thread by making paragraphs that didn't respond to mine and basically you just put in some necessary words to make your post bigger and more intimidating. But you withdrew in that thread too. After the efforts you made you're trying to make me believe you "don't care"? Lame, you are only beaten to the ground and have nothing else to fight with.

I scarcely think that you can shove my head up my ass, I'VE NEVER SEEN IT DONE.
    I will post it again because you are too stubborn. After my second post you gave up.

http://forums.pokedream.com/showthre...?t=2562&page=8

and you seem to ignore the great purge, where you also applied for the mod position and said a bunch of crap but got my foot instead. Of course I can't link because gp thread was deleted.

Seems to me that TA makes bans amongst the opinions of others and because they tell you to, and also because of personal vendetta's.
    TA did me a favour. He agreed with my suggestion. Stop assuming. This is probably your last attempt to attack TA or me since a sheep like you tries to label TA incompetent of making descisions. I honestly hope you see how ridicilous this is.

I admit Sasuke can have pointless posts but that's still not good enough for a ban.
    it was enough for a suspension.

Now, we're talking about his post quality getting him banned, yes? In such a case, I'm going to use one of the elites (who I know in real life) as an example. Dogar posted amazingly at first. Sasuke wasn't amazing but he wasn't bad when he was new. As time went on, Dogar's posts consisted of crap like "poop" or "vagina" and nothing more. You can't tell me Sasuke is as bad as that. Now I'm not bashing Dogar, he's apparently on again and who knows if he's changed. But Dogar wasn't banned. People laughed at him. Now if a noob came in and started posting "poop" all over Misc. you'd find it annoying, yes?
    it's not a valid comparison. Dogar is on way higher level than Sasuke is, he seriously did a lot for this board from its beginning and his posts were nothing but quality and spawned a lot of discussion. I'm saying it's not a good ration because you took late Dogar (during this time a lot of stuff have been going on both between Dogar and Fullmetal as well as other problems on the board) with Sasuke now. Sasuke has a different field and circumstances and still manages to suck.

Even thought PD doesn't have set rules on the content of posts, maybe we should have rules on the quality of posts. This way Mods will have qualified reasons to discipline members.
    that would be stupid you can't set a rule regarding quality of posts. You couldn't even organize and create the rules because post quality is a relative term and opinions are in the game as well. You couldn't get an agreement on setting the rules because what's a quality post to one, isn't to another.

I would have just restricted him from Misc. in particular for a few weeks
    that's pretty much going on here

I hardly think the month ban TA put on him was right. That's way too long for one(or do you make it two?) persons opinion on post quality. I don't even think he should be banned at all, but maybe instead use an alternative method of discipline? I could suggest just deleting the things that weren't contributing to the forum, and if he reacted badly treat him like a toddler with a temper tantrum. Or if you really want to ensure he posts well, make him filter his posts by sending them to a certain person and getting it approved by them before he can post it. These are suggestions, do with them what you will, but my opinion is that he shouldn't have been banned. I'd unban him again if I thought it would do any good but I know you'll just catch TA and have him banned yet again within an hour.

Alright, if you can't make rules on post quality and you don't want members to complain, maybe you should just have a rule that if you question the mods, don't argue with them, instead PM an admin and they can be the final ruling. Temporary banning can come quickly and easily from that, and you won't have to deal with members "requiring" you to justify yourself.
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
    "you are gay furthermore you like sex with men" ~god

One of the Seven Deadly Sins of PD: Femme Greed

Strawberry Lemonaid Signal Flare's Avatar

Devil and TA, it's fucked up to ban people just because you hate the way they post. I mean there is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" post. Sure there's posts that annoy the living shit out of people. But if that's the case, warn them that they'll be banned if they continue the annoyance. Banning without warning is seriously wrong.
    Pairs: MPT, Panda Rocker, MEX, SuikunMyuu, Zapdos, CL, Link, Revan, DSX, Kelsh, and Goku!

I hardly think the month ban TA put on him was right. That's way too long for one(or do you make it two?) persons opinion on post quality.
    2 weeks would suffice

I don't even think he should be banned at all, but maybe instead use an alternative method of discipline? I could suggest just deleting the things that weren't contributing to the forum, and if he reacted badly treat him like a toddler with a temper tantrum. Or if you really want to ensure he posts well, make him filter his posts by sending them to a certain person and getting it approved by them before he can post it. These are suggestions, do with them what you will, but my opinion is that he shouldn't have been banned.
    that is too much work over nothing. Deleting doesn't get you anywhere he'll keep on posting and it would be too frustrating to chase him. Who the hell is going to commit that much to this board to approve every single post Sasuke makes? That person wouldn't be on the forum the same day Sasuke is for example, that would mean Sasuke has to wait for the approval and be 4h/one day late, rendering his post useless. And it's all too much work for nothing, he is annoying he gets banned for a week to shapen up.

Alright, if you can't make rules on post quality and you don't want members to complain, maybe you should just have a rule that if you question the mods, don't argue with them, instead PM an admin and they can be the final ruling.
    Mewtwo isn't really active on the forum, he maintains both the site and the message board I don't think this would come in handy. Do you want to Dogar to have the final word? Personally I wouldn't have anything against it but I'm positive it would only cause more commotion among members than a regular ban. We don't know the future plans of Fullmetal. So the idea isn't really useful.

Devil and TA, it's fucked up to ban people just because you hate the way they post. I mean there is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" post. Sure there's posts that annoy the living shit out of people. But if that's the case, warn them that they'll be banned if they continue the annoyance. Banning without warning is seriously wrong.
    why the fuck do you people make such a big deal out of a temporary ban? No one hates the way he posts stop assuming. No the banning with the warning IS the problem, it's what mods have always done on this board and they had noobs multiplying by each day. Every one warned but never banned.

stop overexaggarating, if a member is annoying he will be banned temporarily until he gets a grip.

Strawberry Lemonaid Signal Flare's Avatar

Some one should at least tell them how to be less annoying. After all, not everyone magically becomes a good poster after being banned. If anything, they'll get worse and want to spam the forum for revenge.
    Pairs: MPT, Panda Rocker, MEX, SuikunMyuu, Zapdos, CL, Link, Revan, DSX, Kelsh, and Goku!

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

That's true, but there are some people who just will never get better and the advice would be lost on them.

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

You know, I was wondering where all the staff drama was on this forum. Apparently I found it. But, since I have no clue what occurred, I think I'll just leave this topic.
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Devil: you morons don't even know what to do, how to think or act. Which obviously means automaticlly that you know best, right? When noobs run freely among these boards and wreak havoc you scream for drastic changes and draconian administration. Well, the old members do... Once someone DOES what is needed for the benefit of the forum, you harass him/them for the old regime. Because it's a benefit in your opinion, which is obviously far more enlightened than that of those around you. It's because all you do is post empty threats and plan to rebel but end up short, when something does happen you freak out. I haven't seen much of that... But, then again, I don't get around.

yeah, 90% of active posters claim they aren't satisfied with the state pd's in and in insist on some sort of purge for the sweeping of noobs. When it's realised you immediately find a witless argument to fight it. Witless arguments?ce. I wouldn't have noticed Sasuke either if this topic didn't exist. Because you are fine with it, when your "apprentice" got canned you out of nowhere do stuff by the book and need a warning. We need order among the mods too. Would that settle it out, if Sasuke was addressed hours before it happened? No, it would only force you to look for another idiotic logic to hound TA and me. More accurately, I'd still be asking why. Second, don't ever again rely on excusesce. I wouldn't have noticed Sasuke either if this topic didn't exist.[/i] Because you are fine with it, when your "apprentice" got canned you out of nowhere do stuff by the book and need a warning. We need order among the mods too. Would that settle it out, if Sasuke was addressed hours before it happened? No, it would only force you to look for another idiotic logic to hound TA and me. More accurately, I'd still be asking why. Second, don't ever again rely on excuses based on "undeserving ban" because I will shove your head up your ass when you repeat it. Nice reply. Completely explains why it wasn't an undeserved reply. On regular forums where rules are applied a member is banished when he breakes them, disobeys moderator's wishes. No, a member is warned. You haven't een around much, have you? Pd doesn't have established laws, so you can't have a person to dismiss them. That's a great way to run a forum. "You have been banned for breaking a rule that doesn't exist." I wonder why this never caught on elsewhere... Mods have to rely on their own opinions when someone's to get his ass kicked out of here and there's always going to be an asshole to disagree with those opinions. Hence it seems plausible to work some rules out first. When I got banned I kew about it roughly two hours before the person who banned me came online, because I damn well knew I'd crossed the line. So how the fuck can you carry out a deserving ban and have everyone happy over one judgment? Well, that's easy: You can't. So stop playing on that card to close out our descision.

[insert my previous post here]

don't bring those relatives terms in play, no one is going to get over that and explain you because the way you post is determined by your personality, stop trying to get around and find an arguement why we're wrong. I'm not asking that. I'm asking why you're right. Last thing I need is people popping out of nowhere to blindly defend their allies, I'm not going to and there is not need for TA to justify the actions. I think you'll find there is. It's called "Faith in the moderators' abilities to do their jobs." I already said it can't be "justified" because it all goes down to opinions, besides that I don't plan to explain myself to you. Once again, why are you're opinions etter than anyone elses?You two are only blabbering here because Sasuke is your friend and you try to find ways and arguments to prove the banning wrong, obviously you don't give a shit about warnings and moderator's "duties" because you kept your mouth shut in the past. I only noticed the topic, and I'm only here to ask why.

If you cannot detect the sarcasm in some of these points, please find an Englishman to help point it out.

Ed.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

there is a wonderful button called the quote button that I highly recommend you utilize.

I did. I then deleted the quote tags and annotated Devil's post in italics, as is my wont.

Ed.

The thing is that is really really fucking stupid and no one is even going to consider reading it.

From what I've read of it though, Devil will crush you if such is his inclination.

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

I find it comical the members of PD think they have some sort of power over the mods. Let me clue you in on how most forums work. If you bad mouth a mod, you get banned maybe forever, maybe for a little while. If you post poorly, you're warned and then banned temporarily. If you curse, make sex posts, and anything else that's considered spam or lewd your posts are deleted and you might be banned. Here, I banned sasuke cause his posting sucked SO MUCH it drove devil and me up a wall. I didn't feel a warning was needed as it'd only be laughed off and alert our incompetent mods like KG to a potential ban.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

I don't mind if he doesn't read it. It was fun.

Every other forum has written rules as well. You cannot draw a comparison because this forum is different to others. Besides, there are forums without those rules. Why should we assume them to be here?

Ed.

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

is it actually possible to ban a member from a board instead of the whole forum?

because, quite frankly, i don't see who gives a flying fuck about post quality in art gallery or newb section.

not defending anyone, I'm just saying that because a member sucks at posting in misc. doesn't deserve him/her a ban from the whole forum

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

wow i just read the whole thread

and wow

ed vs. devil ahaha

Ok, I dont know who unbanned me but I guess I could shape up a little with the randomness and suckishness. I'm working on it.

I wish I knew who unbanned you, I'd like to fucking tear their face off.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

Even if it was your sister?

Especially, I'd assume she'd have the common sense not to mess with one of my genuine administrative actions.

Here I am with my empire

But on a side note, I understand why you might not want him on the forums, but I think a simple restriction from Misc. would be more reasonable than a ban.

I lessened his ban to less than a week, and quite frankly I don't care what you think.

Here I am with my empire

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast