Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: December 21st 2012; That is when the world will end.

Default December 21st 2012; That is when the world will end.

Supposedly. So according to multiple sources from the ancient Mayans, The I Ching, Ancient Oracles, and Merlins, the world as we know it will get a redass beatdown on 12/21/2012. Apparently, the Earth's polarity will reverse causing intense storms, deadly sunbeams, and monstrous Earthquakes. Did you guys know that there's a supervolcano under Yellowstone national park overdue for eruption? When that sucker goes off, 90% of the continent is fucked. The rest of it will have to deal with Tsunamis. For more info...

http://survive2012.com/

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/#top

King Shadow

This sounds like that crap that's found in those ripoff magazines that never tell the truth.

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

12/21/12. Needs more binary; 10/01/10. Major BS alarm going off in my brain atm.
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar

Sorry bud, but it will end on 2036, when the meteor hits and starts the earth meltdown sequence.
    Greatness Reincarnated

King Shadow

You all are crraaazy.

The volcano isn't overdue for eruption. The land hasn't shifted yet as to indicate an eruption significantly yet. It's at least several decades off from erupting, probably several centuries.

There is no evidence that the polarity of the Earth will reverse, if there were there would be plenty of harbingers that would lead scientists to believe something like that would happen in thousands of years, something as massive as the polarity of the earth doesnt just reverse with no significant warning as short as 5 years before it happens.

Also, 90% of the continent is a gross overstatement, it would wipe out a good bit of the west coast and a bit inland, but as far as the eastern middle states probably wouldn't be directly effected by the eruption. They would probably be effected by ash and plate shifting though.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

These predictions are all bullshit. No way people could have predicted a date like this, because:

- In the year 0, there were different year lengths. So how did they know it would be this date. It would be vastly different. They also used different calendars.
    - Most Chinese philosophies and predictions have been debunked and most people had a shot at predicting the end of the world. Usually, they were wrong.

Wow I actually read some of those sites. The I Ching stuff is absolute shit. Wow, random numbers x 64 can be made to equal a year where something significant happened.

(all calculations are rough, but not inaccurate)…
    what

Advanced Trainer

That's the day I turn 18 and can move. ........

Advanced Trainer

So the world can't end then.

King Shadow

The world may end tomorrow or it may end a million years from now. The sure thing is that it'll end when people aren't expecting it, every prophesy regarding the end of the world is destined to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    Supposedly. So according to multiple sources from the ancient Mayans, The I Ching, Ancient Oracles, and Merlins, the world as we know it will get a redass beatdown on 12/21/2012. Apparently, the Earth's polarity will reverse causing intense storms, deadly sunbeams, and monstrous Earthquakes. Did you guys know that there's a supervolcano under Yellowstone national park overdue for eruption? When that sucker goes off, 90% of the continent is fucked. The rest of it will have to deal with Tsunamis. For more info...

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/#top
    Ridiculous theories from loony doomsayers. People have been saying since the beginning of time that the world is going to end, and here we are today, still standing. As for the Yellowstone caldera, it's been dormant for hundreds of thousands of years. It makes no rational sense whatsoever that it would suddenly erupt on that particular date. It could erupt a week from now or ten thousand years from now.

If the world is going to get a 'redass beatdown' it'll be from us humans destroying it ourselves. Were well on our way.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Whenever I hear people talking about the end of the world, I always think of that sunglasses-wearing guy with an Afro in Akira who chants about the end of the world while rubbing beads together.

King Shadow

I always think of some old guy in a temple somewhere with a bunch of brainwashed perverts.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

We've already survived one apocalypse last year. Odds are, we'll survive the next.

King Shadow

The apocalypse is the end of time, if we survived it than it wasn't the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    That's the day I turn 18 and can move. ........
    That's the year I graduate from high school. Effing Mayans.

for a minute there I couldn't remember what year I graduate from high school. I really am losing my mind.

so, Nocturne, that puts you in eighth grade?

Advanced Trainer

I just don't want to die before I can live in my own house with the guy I loovee.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    for a minute there I couldn't remember what year I graduate from high school. I really am losing my mind.

so, Nocturne, that puts you in eighth grade?
    Going into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    I just don't want to die before I can live in my own house with the guy I loovee.
    At 18? Think mid-twenties darling.

Advanced Trainer

No.

Annatar's Munchlax

I get to drink when the world ends and you won't Kelsh or Nocturne!The feeling of superiority towards 2 people who I haven't even seen before makes me feel happy!

Annatar's Munchlax

[QUOTE=Nidogod;115611]Supposedly. So according to multiple sources from the ancient Mayans, The I Ching, Ancient Oracles, and Merlins, the world as we know it will get a redass beatdown on 12/21/2012.QUOTE]

Actually,the world will not end on that day because it is a time format only used by Canadians and Americans. To me,it's like saying "The world will end on the 12th day on the 21st month in the year 2012.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast